Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: xTimax

She is one of my favorite characters in the show love her I agree she is doing a fantastic job as Dadi.

She is one of my favourite characters also :) It is hard not to like her positive aura and lively nature! Plus the one-liners that they give Dadi are always fun to listen to 😆

Originally posted by: ...Rafid...

truly dadli rockzs in da show love her 👏
hats off to Aroona Irani

Ji haan! Dadi rocks! 👍🏼 Aroona ji has proven her versatility once again. Not many can do that. Hope she continues to entertain us in the show :)

Originally posted by: hp18

Congratulations to Arunaji for receiving this year's Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.

Oh, yes! Of course. She received Lifetime Achievement award at filmfare. Well deserved indeed. Congrats to her. She is an evergreen actress...God bless her :)

Btw, peeps. Sometimes I read her name spelt as Aruna...and there are places where I see it as Aroona. I am not sure which one is right. But most of you spell it with a U. So if I have been spelling it wrong, kindly pardon me 😳
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
totally agree!.. Aroona Irani is a fab actress.. totally lovee her as dadi❤️
^^Agreed, Bones88 :) she is a fab actress indeed!
teddybear66 thumbnail
totally agree with u.. She is jus awesome...

the character of dadi cnt be played by anyone else so amazingly than her...

Jus love her.. 😃
Cathy25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Agree with you. Not only her interactions with Arjun/Lakshmi, but also her self talks where she keeps praising her intelligence or her talks with God promising Him Switzerland chocs are hilarious. 

I guess, I speak for everyone when I say, after Arjun and Lakshmi, dadi would be the most favourite character on the show. 
whispa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Aruna Irani is absolutely adorable as dadi. She's one of my favourite characters in the show.

She is such a classy lady with such poise and carries her role off with grace. I love her interactions with every single character in the show and her relationship with her daughter in law is so unique- Khatta and Meetha.😆

And she's so beautiful too!

P.S. Off topic Rafa. i love your Mr. Darcy siggie.😳

Originally posted by: teddybear66

totally agree with u.. She is jus awesome...

the character of dadi cnt be played by anyone else so amazingly than her...

Jus love her.. 😃

Even I cannot imagine anyone else in this role other than Aruni Irani.  I've seen a lot of performances on TV by her but I must admit, her role as Dadi has made an impact on me :)

Originally posted by: Ben25

Agree with you. Not only her interactions with Arjun/Lakshmi, but also her self talks where she keeps praising her intelligence or her talks with God promising Him Switzerland chocs are hilarious. 

I guess, I speak for everyone when I say, after Arjun and Lakshmi, dadi would be the most favourite character on the show. 

Agreed :)

For me also, Dadi has to be my most favourite character after Arjun-Lakshmi. I also find her self-talk both hilarious as well as cute 😆 whether she is bribing God, admiring her own intelligence or passing her one-liners, Dadi is adorable. And her interaction with the rest of the supporting cast is enjoyable. I like how she bickers with the real Ajay for not listening to her...and the comments she makes at Purva for being so cyncial and interfering 😆 All in all, she's an entertainer!