ayaniie-chan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

A/N:

Disclaimer- I don't own the characters. [I wish I did thoughπŸ˜†]

The photos I have linked is from MLTAK Picture gallery, courtesy to the forum members and video is from YT, courtesy to mjhtluvers for haara haara & arhi0sarun for Vaari Vaari [i decided to add the 2nd song after seein' -ArHi-'s post, so thanks].

[This is entirely from Lakshmi's POV so, Ajay is real Arjun & mostly consists of her thoughts..]

Please don't copy and claim as your own work. I worked really hard on this.

Hi everyone,

so, after watching yesterday's episode I felt like writing an OS for my favourite jodi. I actually just started off writing Lakshmi's thoughts and her confusion but then it went on for quite a bit so, I decided to incorporate the events in yesterday's episode as well and make it into a proper episode. This is my first time writing so, please be kind and forgive my mistakes. Also, sorry about the title, I'm not very creative so, I couldn't think of any other title as I was only trying to portray her confusion at first hence, it's WHY?😳 It's slightly all over the place I know but hope you will like it. Enjoy reading. 😊

WHY?

WHY?

Why did I just leave from there?

I couldn't speak at all.

Isn't this what I want? Isn't this what I've always wanted? Always dreamt of?

Since I was 9, I have dreamt of marrying Arjun.

Arjun Agnihotri.

So what happened to me? Why did I become so weak for that one moment? Only I know how long I've waited for this moment. Every night I've only ever dreamt of Arjun. Only him. Every morning I have had the desire to chase my dream; the dream that I have kept alive since childhood, the same dream I imagined every night, only I know.

The life that I've only fantasised about could have come true. My dream was within my reach but what was it that held me back?

After ten years of waiting, this moment finally came to me. The biggest truth of my life. He was right before my very eyes, kneeling down with flowers in his hand and pleading eyes. I have always known this is how it was supposed to be. This is exactly how I had imagined it. Just how many times has this scene been played in my mind before?! How could I just forget everything in that moment?

Lakshmi, what were you thinking?

AJAY?! Seriously?

Why was I only thinking of him?

All the memories of Ajay seemed to be overtaking my mind.

But he is only my friend. A very good friend. Nothing more than that. Then why?

I respect him as a friend, as a person but I can't possibly think of him that way. This is Ajay I'm talking about.

*flashback*

Lakshmi, I love you. Shaadi karogi mujhse?

*end of flashback*

Why do I keep thinking about him? Is it the guilt that I rejected him? But why should I feel guilty? I have never deceived him about anything; I made it clear from the start that I love Arjun Agnihotri. This can't be. I am not supposed to think of him. He is just a friend..that's it.. haa-

*Knock* *Knock* Just then there's a knock on the door interrupting my trail of thoughts.

"Hi Lakshmi" greeted a cheerful voice.

I got up from my bed to see who it was. It was Swati.

"Hey" I managed to smile.

"I just came to tell you that lunch is ready. Let's go" She said before dragging me with her.

"Lakshmi beta, you're here. Now we can eat together." Dadi said happily.

Arjun was sat in front of me. He smiled. I forced a smile on my face before looking away. I looked around the table; unintentionally my eyes were searching for someone. Dadi, Bua, Arjun, Swati, Purva..

"Dadi, where's Ajay? Usne kuch khaya ya nahin" I enquired before I could stop myself.

Dadi grinned. "Tumhe uski bohut chinta hai, tumne khud kuch nahin khaya par tumhe khud se pehele Ajay ka khayal aya. Kya baat hai!" Dadi teased.

"Dadi, woh ek number ka bhullakkard hai, usse sab ki chinta hai lekin apni koi parva nahin, pata nahin uska kya hoga." I replied.

"Haan beta, tumne theek kaha, usse toh khud ki bilkul bhi feekar nahin. Akele apne kamre mein hai woh, subhe se kuch nahin khaya usne."

After hearing this, I got up from the table and walked towards Ajay's room. I could hear sweet yet sad music coming from his room. The door was open. He was sat on his bed, playing his guitar and singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5-egs_o1o

"Aise huwe juda hum har guzara lamha khwab huwa..

Aankh se barsa saawan katra katraaan sailaab hua..

Chand chandani tanha tanha..

Chand chandani tanha tanha..

Tuta dil ka tara..

Hara hara hara mein do naino se haara..

Hara hara hara mein do naino se haara.."

As his song came to an end, I was brought back to reality. He sighed before keeping his guitar on the bed. I walked up to him.

"Ajay?" I called out.

He looked up with his eyes full of grief. Those beautiful brown eyes seemed to have lost its shine, now only sadness and hurt resides there. He was almost a different person altogether. His usual smile seemed to have disappeared. I don't know why but it hurts seeing him this way.

"Ajay, come downstairs to eat. Everyone's waiting for you"

"Nahin. It's ok. I'm not hungry, I won't eat." He replied avoiding my gaze.

"For me, please." I requested.

He looked at me without saying anything. I held his left hand and dragged him with me to the dining table.

Dadi beamed at us. "Oh, Ajay you're here, good Lakshmi~ Only you can persuade him. Now start eating already before food turns cold."

We sat down and started eating. No one said anything.

*After a while*

Everyone finished eating and was going to their rooms.

"Oh Lakshmi, can you continue with the dance lessons? I don't want to forget what you taught me last time." Swati asked me.

"Yeah, sure~" I responded with a smile.

We went outside to dance. We started with the usual routine and practised some more steps.

Suddenly Ajay appeared with Purva holding on to his arm. They walked past us and sat on a bench. I couldn't take my eyes off them. Dadi also came out and approached me. I smiled politely.

"Lakshmi, Ajay aur Purva ko dekho na dono kitne cute lag rahe hai, haina? They're perfect for each other. I'm thinking of talking to their parents already." Dadi happily announced. My smile vanished.

"Dadi, Ajay aur Purva?" I questioned her, confused.

"Haan, tumhe bhi aisa hi lagta hai na, that's great, I knew it. Wait, I'll go talk to them."

"But Dadi.." Dadi walked off to talk to Ajay and Purva, before hearing me out.

"Let's continue." Swati began dancing

I couldn't help but look at Ajay. I wondered what they were talking about.

"Lakshmi, What do I do next?" asked Swati.

I couldn't hear her.

"Lakshmi?! Lakshmi??" she kept calling my name.

I finally realised I was staring at Ajay and turned back to face Swati. "Umm.. Sorry. Yes?"

"Lakshmi, are you feeling ok?" asked Swati worried.

"No, I'm ok, it's just that I had drank too much coffee today so, I feel a bit weird" that was the best excuse I could come up with in this situation.

"I think we should leave it at that. Let's practise tomorrow"

I just nodded. She went in. Thankfully, she didn't notice the tears that were building up in my eyes.

I decided to see what was happening and walked towards Dadi. I could just about hear what she was saying.

" yeh toh bohut achii baat hai, khush raho beta. Mujhe garv hai ki tumne bilkul sahi fehesla liya, dekhna iss fehesle se tum zindagi mein hamesha khush rahoge." Dadi blessed Ajay.

"I hope aisa hi ho dadi." Ajay replied gloomily.

I didn't want to listen to it anymore. I turned around and ran away from there. Why was I disappointed to hear Ajay and Purva's name together? After all, I was the first one to suggest this to Ajay so, if Dadi was doing the same, why did I feel bad?

I locked myself in my room. I sat in front of the mirror. In front of me were the two necklaces staring back at me, one was the beautiful diamond necklace given to me by Arjun which can change my life completely and improve my family's life and the other was a simple yet lovely necklace given to me by Ajay which was full of his sincerity. Given the circumstances were different, I wouldn't have hesitated at all but this time, whichever I choose, I will lose something. If I choose Arjun, I will lose a real friend and if I choose Ajay, I will have to give up my dream. I don't know what to do.

"Shivji, please help me!" I begged for some sign.

I got up from the chair and looked out of the window. I couldn't believe my eyes. Purva was resting her head on Ajay's shoulder.

Again?!

I looked away trying to figure out my feelings.

Why was this affecting me so much?

I have felt this before on the bus.

Why was she always with my Ajay anyway?

Wait where did that come from?

Did I just really say that?

"Ofcourse not!" I cried in frustration.

I could feel the chunks rise up in my throat. This feeling was suffocating me; I had to get out of there. I ran outside to gather my thoughts together.

What's happening to me?

The dream that I have harboured for 10 years feels so unfamiliar to me yet someone whom I've only known for 10 days can make me feel restless.

Oh, and this Ajay and Purva thing was irritating me more than anything.

I mean what was my problem?

Ajay is my friend.

And I like Purva, she's nice.

I don't begrudge Purva for wanting Ajay.

What does she want with Ajay anyway?

He's very forgetful, talks too much, and doesn't think much about himself and he's not even cute.

Wait a second, what am I stressing about?

This is Ajay.

Ok, so he's kind of handsome.

But what would he want with Purva?

She couldn't make him happy.

Ajay needs someone who can take care of him, someone who will always respect and appreciate him for who he is. Someone who can always understand him, support him and stay by his side forever.

I want Ajay to be happy.

But what difference did it make to me if he was with another girl?

Why did it make a difference?

*mental scream* Aaahhh~ This is tooo much!

I closed my eyes trying to push aside these feelings but that left me even more startled as I only saw Ajay.

*flashbacks*

*Ajay's confession*

*Lakshmi, I love you.*

*end of flashback*

Then suddenly..it hit me.

Oh My God!

"I love Ajay!"

I opened my eyes and could feel myself smiling brightly. Just thinking about him made me blissful. I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness gust over me, I was ecstatic. I glanced across the garden to find Ajay who was now alone. I quickly ran back up to my room and reached over the dressing table for Ajay's necklace and hurried outside to Ajay again.

"Ajay?" I smiled at him.

He looked up at me in confusion. I couldn't stop smiling. I stretched out my hands to show him the necklace he had given to me. He still had an enigmatical look on his face.

"Areey budhu, mujhe yeh khud nahi pehenaoge kya?" I turned around so he could put it on me.

He put the necklace around my neck and I looked at it properly, it was just gorgeous.

Ajay looked me in the eye. "What does this mean?"

"I'm sorry, maine apni dil ki baat ko samajhne mein der kardi, you said you loved me but I let you go. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, you were already in my heart. My heart was ripping into pieces seeing you together with Purva. I was just happy having you by my side that I didn't realise your importance but now I feel incomplete without you, I want you to stay by my side forever. I wish I could change things and set it right. I hope it's not too late." I somehow managed to pour out my heart before him.

I didn't know what else to say while Ajay was taking it all in slowly but one thing I knew for sure was that I didn't want to lose him, I wished this moment would stop right there just me and him. I hugged him, tightly as though this could be the last time, after a while, I felt his strong arms around me, hugging me back. I liked this feeling, I felt so safe, so comfortable in his arms as though I belonged there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Hc1N37DCk *Vaari Vaari*

"I love you Ajay!" I whispered.

"I love you too Lakshmi!" He replied back with his soft, soothing voice.

I looked up to see his smiling face and realised how much I missed his smile, I felt like I have got my old Ajay back. "Always keep smiling like this. You look good when smiling. Your smile is precious to me, don't lose it again."

"Don't worry, I will always smile from now on since I have got a reason to." He said looking at me with those loving pair of beautiful brown eyes and hugged me closely.

As I stood there for what seemed like an eternity in the arms of the man who was my soul mate, little did I know that this man was also my childhood dream.

The End

I know that this is not really gonna happen but I didn't really wanna leave it hanging & so, decided to end it on a happy note.😊

One more thing: Please don't be a silent reader!

Do comment & like, it'll encourage me. Thanks~

Edited by ayaniie-chan - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Binny... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Annie..!!!! Loved it.. beautifully written dear.. I wish this would take place just adored how you emphasized Laxmi's jealousy her state of denial.. and you kept all of their characteristics in tact..oh and the ending was just..😍 Can't wait to read more..
Edited by ...Binny... - 12 years ago
yours4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
omg dat was fabulous πŸ‘ great job.. i cud actually imagine all the things happening, the exprssions, emotions, settings... it was really bautiful, LOVED it 😊
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Yay! Finally a ff on MLTAK! :)

Great work, Annie! Hope what you described happens soon! :)
Nupsdips thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Annie,its just super coolπŸ‘..You wrote the first FF😊,just yesterday I said that they were missing..Wow!! I could imagine all that happenning..Amazing,great job dear,loved it to the core❀️...
ayaniie-chan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Binny...

Annie..!!!! Loved it.. beautifully written dear.. I wish this would take place just adored how you emphasized Laxmi's jealousy her state of denial.. and you kept all of their characteristics in tact..oh and the ending was just..😍 Can't wait to read more..

Binny!! Thank you soo much. 😊

Originally posted by: mjhtkasu4ever

omg dat was fabulous πŸ‘ great job.. i cud actually imagine all the things happening, the exprssions, emotions, settings... it was really bautiful, LOVED it 😊

Thanks a lot~ 😊

Originally posted by: AngelTeen

Yay! Finally a ff on MLTAK! :)

Great work, Annie! Hope what you described happens soon! :)

Thanks, Rae~😊 I'm waiting for the confession as well! 😍

Originally posted by: Nupsdips

Annie,its just super coolπŸ‘..You wrote the first FF😊,just yesterday I said that they were missing..Wow!! I could imagine all that happenning..Amazing,great job dear,loved it to the core❀️...

Oh yeah~ it is the first one right. Thanks, Deepthi. 😊
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Aww that was a beautiful OS! :)

Totally enjoyed reading it. I sure hope you write more :)

Cheers!
Naina
-Nahi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think I'm dreaming...Gosh I soo want this 2 be truee!

Aniieee πŸ€— I love u 4 this! I mean, I could imagine Lakshmi n Arjun n Purva n every1! U made me into the OS! I cnt blieve! Annie, u shud write moree OS'! I would read them! I love u moree now! Lol! =D

Nahi

xxx
ayaniie-chan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naina2127

Aww that was a beautiful OS! :)

Totally enjoyed reading it. I sure hope you write more :)

Cheers!
Naina

Thanks a lot. I'll tell you if I write another one.😊

Originally posted by: -Nahi-

I think I'm dreaming...Gosh I soo want this 2 be truee!

Aniieee πŸ€— I love u 4 this! I mean, I could imagine Lakshmi n Arjun n Purva n every1! U made me into the OS! I cnt blieve! Annie, u shud write moree OS'! I would read them! I love u moree now! Lol! =D

Nahi

xxx

Nahi, thanks a lot~ πŸ€— I'll definitely tell you if I write more. xxx
veera-luv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Marvellous...its a very good piece of mind...your creativity is tooo goood... and m waiting for this from many days...your os make me emotional...really i hve tears in my eyes ...its such a lovely thought...thanks for writing such a beautiful story and mainly the ending...laxmi realise her love for ajay...i can imagine how it happened in my mind...hope it will happen in the show as well ...as soon as possible...πŸ‘πŸΌ