Lakshmi's reaction to the truth?

224529 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I couldn't help myself, I keep wondering about her reaction. Please don't come to this topic to spill vile thoughts about Lakshmi and her greediness. I am asking a genuine question about her reaction here.

I always maintained that Lakshmi will be furious and hurt. But what if the writers and the CV's decide to give her completely mental reaction like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi's Tani had? You know, I really couldn't connect with Tani's reaction to Raj/Suri's truth. Instead of being hurt and angry(Even Suri expected her to blow up on him), the girl went all mushy on me with "Oh my god, you love me so much that you did all this drama for me?!" Regardless that he played with her feelings and almost made her elope, after falling for Raj. I wonder how she reacted to his solution of "if you had chosen Raj then I would have set you free." Like, ya, that was the perfect solution: Emotions played with, fallen for a fictional guy, Divorced, all alone and free to marry an aging divorcee or a widower. What a solution sirjee.

Ok so enough about that movie. The question over here is, how do you think Lakshmi will react? As per me, she should be furious. They played with her emotions and feelings. What if she had fallen for the fake Arjun? What then? I don't think a simple sorry would suffice. "Oh sorry Lakshmi, you fell for the real Ajay? Ya he was the fake Arjun. Actually the guy you know as Ajay is the real Arjun, if you had agreed to marry him, your dream would have come true but bad luck. No hard feelings ok? Take Care." Oh ya, that'll work. Maybe we can excuse the Agnihotri & friends gang for this plan, they were after all looking after their son's welfare. Who would want their child to marry a gold digger, after all? They had to make sure that she isn't one and won't leave him at the first sign of financial problems. But what about Lakshmi's own sister? Can Lakshmi forgive her for the deception? I forsee some troubled times between Saraswati and Lakshmi coming with the truth's disclosure.

And what about Arjun? The guy's actions and words are confusing the hell outta me. I understand his POV, don't get me wrong, everyone wants to be loved for themselves instead of their wealth or status, but the writers are confusing us.

He claims to love her truly but he is unwilling to give her a second chance. His Dadi actually had to force him into this plan.
He wanted for her heart and dreams to break but he claims that he can never willingly hurt Lakshmi. I understand that he was hurt and angry but words are a powerful weapon and don't heal easy.
He is unwilling to accept that he was hasty in his proposal. How can Lakshmi abandon her dream of 10 years for a relationship of 10 days? Which sane girl accepts a proposal in 10 days from any guy?
He was willing to marry Purva just to spite Lakshmi(again a hasty decision and hurt talking, I know) but then couldn't come out and say it to his dad. It was "If she can't accept Ajay then she wont get Arjun."
He keeps saying that it's useless and a waste of time to try and show Lakshmi that money isn't everything. She is too set in her dreams. His love lost in front of Lakshmi's love of a rich life. But he also asks Saraswati, why can't Lakshmi get Arjun Agnihotri?
He wants to tell Lakshmi the truth but is unwilling to hurt her. No matter how he tells it, it will hurt her.
Yesterday he said that he doesn't want to make fun of Lakshmi's feelings, a little late for that, isn't it? How will stopping Dadi from taking the test, help?
Also, does stopping the test mean that he will forget Lakshmi and move on with his life and marry Purva?
If he claims that Lakshmi has a heart of gold but only wants to have a rich life, then why isn't he willing to accept her the way she is?

And the million dollar question: If Lakshmi does accept fake Arjun's proposal what does the real Arjun intend to do? Tell her the truth, break her heart and then forget her and move on? Tell her the truth and accept her anyway? What is his intention?

I think this is enough for now 🀣 and remember not to spam with one liners and one words please. I don't want warnings from mods.😊
Edited by In-Sanity-Triv - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

snowdream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
she will get hurted 4 sure...Its not like story of RNBDJ,here 2 men r playing...she is greedy but even real arjun knows that she love him...he along with his famly n saraswati is playing with lekshmi's feelings...thats so unfair 2 a girl😭
teddybear66 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice post...
Even i thought of the same thing how wil she react...
I think she wil be very hurt n wil nt forgive anyone..
U r right arjun says he doesnt wanna make fun of lakshmi's feelins bt wht is he doin now..
She wil be very hurt to knw d truth..
She wil feel tht... i told abut my feelings to ajay the real arjun everythin from day 1... Stil he did all dis..

She never lied to him abut anythin.. Stil he did ol dis..
Personally if i were at lakshmi's place i would hve been very hurt...
Lets see how cv's shows this.. Im soo waitin for it...

N im sure lakshmi wnt accept fake arjun's proposal as if this happens real arjun wil never believe her again...
Wht u guys think?? 😊
...Binny... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Triv Lovely post dear..:))

I understand the predicament you are depicting.. and I agree to a point as well everyone has a similar agenda to find out what is truly in Laxmi's heart unfortunately in order to do this they are cheating her and in the long run making a fool out of not only her but her feelings as well.. When the truth is finally unmasked she will be shattered because those she loved trusted could not find it in their hearts to tell her the truth.. but as the initial shock wears off she may be able to comprehend Arjun's dilemma although accepting it will be extremely difficult for her.. as for her sister that one is going to be the major drawback Saraswati wants the best for her sister but as the one that knows her sister the best above all else she should have thought about the consequences of her actions. the impact it would have on Laxmi's heart to learn she had been lied to not only by strangers but her own as well.. their intentions may be good but when your own question your perception it shatters you from the inside..

As for Arjun his biggest disadvantage is his lack of patience.. he refuses to accept he was rash by proposing after only a 10 day acquaintance.. he does not see things from Laxmi's perspective..but as for not wanting to be apart of this plan there could be several reasons for that he does not want to hurt her and he may have realized the truth will come out sooner or later and this test will simply cause her more pain.. I highly doubt he would have married Purva individuals say things in anger they tend to regret hence actions speak louder then words..

Isn't that ironic regardless of what he says to himself or to his dadi his one simple statement to Saraswati defines what lays in his heart.. the confidence that she will succeed in the end and she will fulfill her dreams.. because his love for her simply grows with time.. When he tells her she will never get Arjun it portrays his bruised heart if she proposed to the imposter she truly will never get her Arjun that would be his possessive streak.. but more importantly repeatedly he is warning her to slow down and listen to her heart..

Arjun has always accepted Laxmi the way she is.. but has she does she know anything about the man she claims to love it's simply childish infatuation.. he just wants her to look past his money and cars to see the real man beneath and accept that.. he never asked her to change just to see him as he is..

As for accepting the real Arjun's proposal her heart will never allow her to do so..our real Arjun is banking on that le'ts see what takes place..

Oh it' s a bit long..πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Edited by ...Binny... - 12 years ago
ayaniie-chan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I think Lakshmi will be very angry with Arjun because when she found out that Ajay had suffered 1.5 crore loss for her, she seemed upset that he didn't tell her the truth. But this is like 100 times worse because not only are they cheatin' her but playin' with her feelings and makin' fun of her dreams. Even if she learns that Ajay is Arjun I doubt she'll agree straight away as she'll have to first overcome the fact that her childhood dream has betrayed her along with her sister.

I know right, have they thought what if their plan backfires!!.. dadi said if she was only after money then she'd personally stop her from comin' to this house etc.. what if she passes like all 6 questions yet last min she's still reluctant to acknowledge her true feelings?!.. does that mean she's not good enough & that's it?!

Yup, as much as Lakshmi is confused, Arjun is confusin' us as well,, he's been contradictin' himself so many times! To Lakshmi he's like don't go after Arjun you won't get him, you'll only be hurt but then to her sis, he says she'll get her dreams? & I was so disappointed when he just lost hope and decided to move on, i mean 10 days, seriously!! does he not realise where he's gone wrong...he's only thought of his pain but completely missed her perspective, when he confessed didn't she explain why she wanted to marry Arjun, I thought he'd emphasise with what she had to go through but his conclusion, she loves money!
And about him acceptin' Lakshmi, he has accepted her as she is though, hasn't he?! it's Lakshmi who had rejected him.

Yeah~ What will Arjun do if she accepts Ajay's proposal?! Whatever they decide to show I hope it's real. Hope Lakshmi doesn't just stay with Arjun after knowin' the truth but that she truly realises he is the one and no other reasons. & for Arjun, obviously even if he tries to move on, we know he can't so, hope he accepts her after they've had enough time to really know about each other and they are truly, madly, deeply in love!!
224529 thumbnail

Originally posted by: krishna1989

she will get hurted 4 sure...Its not like story of RNBDJ,here 2 men r playing...she is greedy but even real arjun knows that she love him...he along with his famly n saraswati is playing with lekshmi's feelings...thats so unfair 2 a girl😭

RNBDJ was just an example to explain my point😊 and I'll tell you honestly, I don't think greed is a bad thing. Everyone is greedy in this world. Who isn't? Even when we strive to do our best in our career, it's not love for our job that makes us work harder. It's greed of promotion, salary raise, fame. I don't think thats a bad thing. Only when you start hurting other people for that greed, does it make you a bad person and Lakshmi has never hurt anyone for her dreams. So when people claim that she deserves it because she is greedy. It bothers me.
224529 thumbnail

Originally posted by: teddybear66

nice post...
Even i thought of the same thing how wil she react...
I think she wil be very hurt n wil nt forgive anyone..
U r right arjun says he doesnt wanna make fun of lakshmi's feelins bt wht is he doin now..
She wil be very hurt to knw d truth..
She wil feel tht... i told abut my feelings to ajay the real arjun everythin from day 1... Stil he did all dis..

She never lied to him abut anythin.. Stil he did ol dis..
Personally if i were at lakshmi's place i would hve been very hurt...
Lets see how cv's shows this.. Im soo waitin for it...

N im sure lakshmi wnt accept fake arjun's proposal as if this happens real arjun wil never believe her again...
Wht u guys think?? 😊

Oh she will forgive them, she's too nice to hold it against them, but I fully expect her to keep them hanging for some time. They deserve it after all.

Exactly, she never pretended to be anything that she is not. She was always very clear about what she wanted, what she felt. She in fact told him about loving Arjun in their first bus ride itself, so that he wouldn't be hurt by falling in love with her.

You know, I think Lakshmi will ask for some time to think over the fake Arjun's proposal. Because face it, it has only been half a day at Ram Sagar. 2 and a half days are still remaining.
ambreen7 thumbnail
Indeed a much needed post. I have always been thinking about this issue since the whole ajay arjun drama started. This is extremely unfair to Laxmi and i think it will hurt her big time.
Laxmi is a very nice person. Since her intial meetings only she told Arjun about her dream. She never lied to him and was her true self infront of everyone. Arjun loved Laxmi for the way she is. Laxmi always wanted to get rich and wishing for a good lifestyle isnt any crime. All of us do so. The kind of life she has spent makes her wish for a rich life so that she doesnt have to face any problems or worries that she had already faced in her life. This is a very natural behaviour that any of us would show if we were in her shoes. All of us want to get rich not because we are greedy but because we want a good lifestyle without financial worries. In other words everyone wants a secure future. I personally think there is nothing wrong with it. Since Arjun was born with a golden spoon, he fails to understand the origin of Laxmi's dreams.
Arjun as everyone else said confuses me alot. He is impatient and not ready to accept it. On one hand he claims that he loves Laxmi. On the other hand he is not ready to accept Laxmi coz he thinks she is greedy. Arjun knows that Laxmi is a nice person and good at heart. who dreams big. The question is that if he truly loves Laxmi, why isnt he ready to fulfill her dream? Why all this testing?
According to me if you love someone truly you make their dreams your own dreams. In this case, Arjun has seen that Laxmi is not only caring and loving with her family members but also with others. So why isnt he ready to think that this girl is a family maker and even if i fulfill her dreams, she will still be the same lovely person.
On the testing part, i seriously think no one has the right to test anyone without his/her knowledge. In this case it is serious and offensive. As everyone pointed out what if the plan back fires? What if Laxmi actually falls for the real Ajay? She will be badly hurt and it will make her a fool infront of everyone. If Arjun thought that Laxmi is greedy, the ideal way was to tell her the truth and refuse her proposal/shatter her dreams. Even if Laxmi passes this testing thing, which i am sure she will, i feel after knowing the truth she should give the real Arjun a piece of her mind and give him a tough time. And oh with her sister, she should do even worse.
As much as i love this serial, i cant help but imagine myself in Laxmi's situation and think i would be extremely hurt when the truth comes out. I would blast Arjun.
I dont know if i made sense but still wanted to share my thoughts.
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
triv... agree with u 1000%... i cant write essays like the rest πŸ˜† but will try to provide an honest reply..
to clear the record i dont think laxmi is greedy... as she herself has said that she saw her dad not able to save her mother... the circumstances surrounding her mother's death made her love money. then her reaction... she logically shd be furious... i'd hate if she unquestiongly accepts that ajay is arjun and all will be well.. i hope cvs pay attention to this aspect..

i have always maintained that tne cvs r confused as to arjun's emotions..as u rightly pointed in ur post..banda kehta kuch aur, karta kuch aur...and million dollar questi...i dont think laxmi will accept fake arjun's proposal... toh real arjun will not be in a bigeer mess than he is now.. real arjun can never forget laxmi...😳... she runs deep in his very blood so laxmi ko bhulna mushkil nahi namumkin haiπŸ˜‰

642940 thumbnail
Nice post :)

I guess Lakshmi and Arjun are both right in their respective positions. Arjun is right for wanting Lakshmi to love him for who he is, not what he has. I also understand where Lakshmi is coming from. I don't think she is greedy..she just wants to have a better life and there is nothing wrong in that. It's not like she wants everything at the expense of others. She is a considerate girl and has proven it :)

But yes, they both have their minus points as well. As you rightly mentioned, Arjun is very impatient. He doesn't wait. And perhaps that has caused him more pain than Lakshmi's initial refusal. He is ready to indulge in self pity, but wasn't ready to go ahead with Dadi's plan. He is very reactionary. Actually, I kinda relate to this side of Arjun. I myself am a bit like that so I know how it is. But being reactionary has more -ve to it than good!

On the other hand Lakshmi has gotten carried away with her dream. She doesn't seem to understand that she doesn't know Arjun Agnhotri in the true sense. Marriage and spending a lifetime with a person is no joke. But she has changed a great deal and it's obvious that Ajay (real Arjun) has crept into her heart 😳

When she does find out the truth I think she will be very angry. She will be mad at Arjun for hiding the truth and she will probably be upset with everyone else, for being a part of the Lakshmi Test πŸ˜† but at some point she will realise that Arjun didn't hide the truth with any bad intention. It just happened! And it happened because it was fate :)