Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: King-Anu

So this is a case of Vitiligo? I dont want to get into all that but let me say this is not what a person who suffers from Vitiligo looks like. I have not seen any such picture. However maybe I have missed it.

"Dr Pamela Lipkin, a New York surgeon, says Michael had been having plastic surgery since his teens, including alterations to his brow, chin and cheeks, as well as skin bleaching.

As a child, he had a classic shaped African-American nose, full and broad. In later years, no one can argue that at the time of his death the nose was thinner, daintier and rather feminine."

Edited:
- I just checked earlier posts and I do not think that anyone here said he underwent surgery to become white.
- In movie RaOne Mr. Appa did not have blue eyes. However RaOne did. I just found it strange that the robot was a copy of appa except the curly hair and blue yes. I found it odd. Just my opinion. i know its a movie. lol
- I know few desis who have green/grey eyes. Thats not the point. point is we should not change.

I mentioned vitiligo and lupus. The public statement officially made by MJ and his staff was that he was using makeup to cover blotches (I consider bleaching crmes and processes as makeup). I did address the speculation that many people believe he had corrective surgery for the skin tones. There are numerous speculations on what surgeries he had or didn't have circulating the internet.

The point being is that there is a difference between makeup to 'look white' for the sake of it and 'corrective makeup' for what people perceive as flaws in their skin. Some people with freckles cover their face in thick layers of dark colored concealer, not because they want a darker skin tone, but because the shades cover their freckle pigmentation evenly.

Regarding edits:

- You yourself just speculated that you think he underwent surgery to show once can become white with money. Maybe you were being tongue in cheek and I did not catch that.

- I was just clarifying that light eyed desis are not uncommon as people think. You never know what genetic material a person is carrying. It was not related to changing of appearances.

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I mentioned vitiligo and lupus. The public statement officially made by MJ and his staff was that he was using makeup to cover blotches (I consider bleaching crmes and processes as makeup). I did address the speculation that many people believe he had corrective surgery for the skin tones. There are numerous speculations on what surgeries he had or didn't have circulating the internet.

The point being is that there is a difference between makeup to 'look white' for the sake of it and 'corrective makeup' for what people perceive as flaws in their skin. Some people with freckles cover their face in thick layers of dark colored concealer, not because they want a darker skin tone, but because the shades cover their freckle pigmentation evenly.
Regarding edits:
- You yourself just speculated that you think he underwent surgery to show once can become white with money. Maybe you were being tongue in cheek and I did not catch that.
Nope I never said that
- I was just clarifying that light eyed desis are not uncommon as people think. You never know what genetic material a person is carrying. It was not related to changing of appearances.
While i still believe that in context of his other cosmetic surgeries, lack of any pictorial evidence of manifestation from vitiligo and lupus and discovery of bleaching creams from his home it is more likely that his trasnformation was for cosmetic purpose more than anything else. However through your arguments you have managed to create sufficient doubt in my mind. I agree that there is a chance that he used those bleaching agents to even out his skin discoloration.
I, King Anu, therefore set aside my earlier post and rule in favor of RTH on the issue of Mr. Michael Jackson. My earlier post addressed to Mr. Summer3 stands edited.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Nope I never said that

You said it in the edited bits. Oh well no biggie. 😆

While i still believe that in context of his other cosmetic surgeries, lack of any pictorial evidence of manifestation from vitiligo and lupus and discovery of bleaching creams from his home it is more likely that his trasnformation was for cosmetic purpose more than anything else. However through your arguments you have managed to create sufficient doubt in my mind. I agree that there is a chance that he used those bleaching agents to even out his skin discoloration.
I, King Anu, therefore set aside my earlier post and rule in favor of RTH on the issue of Mr. Michael Jackson. My earlier post addressed to Mr. Summer3 stands edited.

Here is the reports that the autopsy confirmed vitilogo - http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-02-10/gossip/27055882_1_acute-propofol-intoxication-conrad-murray-jackson-family

And the statement on Oprah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHvlHxR-eg

PS: I'm not trying to argue against you here. I'm posting these because racial identity is important to people, which makes it important to try and answer if MJs skin change was because he wanted to be white or other reasons. MJ aside, to make a claim for any lay colored person as desiring to be white can be quite inflammatory and offensive.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
MJ sadly made a mess of his face and it looked so terrible and his health too was frail. I always thought it wad due to repeated plastic surgeries or drugs etc
I am not too concerned about the color alteration.
But then he always sought perfection in most things he did.
-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Plastic surgery for serious medical cases i think are acceptable because thats all its for. But plastic surgery for other petty issues and low self-confidence problems is unnecessary and stupid because it naturally gets to the point of obsession; they will start with not being happy or satisfied with their appearance and they will end with exactly the same feelings and sometimes worse. There are horrendous stories and examples. People go back after unsatisfying plastic surgery results and find the change is irreversible and in the process of trying to make it better they make it worse. it becomes a cycle really.
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Aliya-

Plastic surgery for serious medical cases i think are acceptable because thats all its for. But plastic surgery for other petty issues and low self-confidence problems is unnecessary and stupid because it naturally gets to the point of obsession; they will start with not being happy or satisfied with their appearance and they will end with exactly the same feelings and sometimes worse. There are horrendous stories and examples. People go back after unsatisfying plastic surgery results and find the change is irreversible and in the process of trying to make it better they make it worse. it becomes a cycle really.

7 reasons why women should not get plastic surgery. Please read:
Link above:
(Pictures removed so as not to scare)
Edited by Summer3 - 12 years ago
Forever-KA thumbnail
Summer, please i requested you not to post such pictures in such a big size. you know how one feels when one looks into the sun. i feel the same when i see such beauty on a large scale. lol
Edited by King-Anu - 12 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Sorry King ji.
YOu had disappeared for a few days, and suddenly "Aap idar ?"😆
But I have to warm the ladies not to get carried away with this procedure.
( okay pictures removed )
Forever-KA thumbnail

Since God created this universe (for believers), since big bang and then gases converting into building blocks of life followed by evolution (for non-believers), no act, suggestion, advice, guidance, tactic, strategy, method, experiment, force, belief, culture, research, warnings, examples, media, pets, friends and family et al. (basically no entity) at any point, time, and place or in dreams has been able to stop/halt women's pursuit of beauty and you are thinking that posting these two pictures will work? Are you trying "shock and awe" here? lol.

I wish you good luck summer. You are attempting that many have attempted before but none has succeeded. lol. Having said that I have no problem as it is not my matter. I only requested a smaller size picture - to lessen the impact. thank you.
Edited by King-Anu - 12 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Quite true King ji.
Cindy Jackson the Mensa member wanted perfection and had plastic surgery 52 times .

Cindy Jackson, who holds the Guinness World Record for having the most cosmetic surgeries (52 to date), sat down with Kathie Lee and Hoda on The Today Show, Wednesday, April 20, to talk about her procedures.

The 55-year-old Mensa member, who's current boyfriend is 28, is a cosmetic surgery adviser, author, rock singer and songwriter, and has developed her own microdermabrasion product for home use.

Jackson's procedures were performed over a 23-year-period and include three facelifts, two nose jobs, two eye lifts, knee, waist abdomen and thigh liposuction, jaw surgery, lip and cheek implants, chemical peels, chin bone reduction, Radiesse injections, Botox and semi-permanent make-up.

Cindy says contrary to popular belief low self-esteem was not responsible for driving her to have 52 surgeries. "I was an art student and I had a highly developed sense of aesthetics," she says.

Jackson typically combines several procedures at once to reduce recuperation time.

See Cindy Jackson before and after photos below.

http://www.bittenandbound.com/2011/04/20/cindy-jackson-woman-with-most-plastic-surgeries-in-the-world/

Wow what a transformation. But natural is still the best?