Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I think plastic surgery allows pplz to make their outer appearance resemble their inner appearance -- fake😊
Edited by Prometeus - 12 years ago
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Reconstructive surgery is a essential to make life easier for people who suffer from deformity, injuries. Cosmetic surgery on the other hand is a vain attempt to "fit the bill". However, each to their own. It is their choice.

Personally, a little beautification externally is harmless, things such as coloring ones hair, whitening the teeth, shaping the brows et al.Suffering and going through painful rounds of minimal invasive procedures to pump up ones lips, removing wrinkles for a smooth forehead is a strict no no. Getting under the knife to change is taking things a little too far.

A decade ago, cosmetic surgery wasn't as popular. Even if it were it was limited to the people in fashion, showbiz, entertainment et al. One wouldn't know if an actress had liposuction or had her nose done. These days, the exposure to these so called stars/ celebs is so huge ( or maybe they so not want the spot light to move away) that my 13 year old cousin lists out differences in a certain celeb between their appearances.

With advancements in ICT, the world has become smaller and everyone has greater exposure than what people would have had. People who are in the spotlight, thus have a responsibility towards young impressionable minds. ( I realize it is off the topic but important). Promoting a healthy mind and healthy body needs to take precedence over superficial beauty which is skin deep. Promote individuality, being unique, being oneself and not aping or being a clone.

Edited by angelirebelli - 12 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Once he becomes as close as possible to becoming a tiger will the authorities have the right to classify him as Panthera tigris. and dump him in the jungle of some tiger sanctuary? 🤔
344471 thumbnail
^ More like a mental asylum actually. That would be a better place. 😆
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Could be a psycho. Wonder if it is all due to inferiority complex, or plain obsession.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Beyond_the_Veil

^ Aging is not a "deformity". It's a natural and normal process. Cleft lips is an example of physical deformity or birth defect.

I am not even twenty, and I have tons of grey hairs. I was a bit apprehensive about it initially, but grew accustomed to it eventually. Never really cared for looks, honestly. In fact, an overdose of makeup (in girls) and self-consciousness in looks in boys turn me off. 😆

As for "teeth whitening" - yes, it's a form of cosmetic procedure to enhance beauty; same goes for teeth bracing.

Totally agree...that aging is not a deformity...its a natural process...Deformity would be something that would not conform to the normal norm...an eighty year old is supposed to have wrinkled skin, grey hair, maybe somewhat balding head...all this is normal...how is it a deformity?...an eighty year old grandma looking younger than her 20 year old granddaughter would be deformity in my opinion...but then like RTH said ...its their money and their body...they can do whatever they want to...afterall we live in a free world...
BTW...do u know if there is somekind of surgery for bloated egos?
Some people need it on this forum...the stench of superiority complex in some is becoming unbearable now🤢
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: souro

Once he becomes as close as possible to becoming a tiger will the authorities have the right to classify him as Panthera tigris. and dump him in the jungle of some tiger sanctuary? 🤔

Why scare the poor tigers in the sanctuary?

On a serious note it does make me wonder - they are using stem cells and DNA coding to reconstruct lost tissue, damaged organs etc. They use rat cells and DNA to develop organs for human transplant. How far can they go? Can they use these methods to slowly start introduce tiger DNA into humans and start a sort of genetic metamorphosis? It is like stuff straight out of a science fiction movie - but how far will some people go and how far can we let them go?

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: asru

Gosh!!! This is just insanity!

I can't get this out of my mind😵 I hope watching tv helps or i'll have nightmares tonight

344471 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

Totally agree...that aging is not a deformity...its a natural process...Deformity would be something that would not conform to the normal norm...an eighty year old is supposed to have wrinkled skin, grey hair, maybe somewhat balding head...all this is normal...how is it a deformity?...an eighty year old grandma looking younger than her 20 year old granddaughter would be deformity in my opinion...

Moreover, the only way someone could age gracefully, IMO, is by staying as natural as possible.
Injecting botox, shaping and reshaping facial features only ruin the face in the long run. The effect may come later, but it does come - and at a heavy price. Botox may "iron" wrinkled skin in the short run, but it totally "freezes" the skin to the point that it looks like an unmovable piece of plastic. You can look at some of the most renowned celebs, and the disastrous aftereffect of botox or other cosmetic jobs.

Some people need it on this forum...the stench of superiority complex in some is becoming unbearable now🤢

The regulars are all quite good. As for trolls, they are just not worth my time. 😉

Word Count: 0

324284 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

Totally agree...that aging is not a deformity...its a natural process...Deformity would be something that would not conform to the normal norm...an eighty year old is supposed to have wrinkled skin, grey hair, maybe somewhat balding head...all this is normal...how is it a deformity?...an eighty year old grandma looking younger than her 20 year old granddaughter would be deformity in my opinion...but then like RTH said ...its their money and their body...they can do whatever they want to...afterall we live in a free world...

That one is hopeless case. You can not turn donkey into cow, no matter how many times you wash and rub.