Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

What are your views on this.

Looks like cosmetic surgery is the way to go these days.

But I believe leave things as natural as possible. Beauty is more about how we feel about ourselves.

Of course reconstructive surgery for medical reasons, injury etc is another matter.
Edited by Summer3 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail

But then this is really mad:

Woman has 10 surgeries to look like anime girl

Thursday, Feb 02, 2012
Her World
By Jessica

Haven't we all wished for shapelier boobs, a sharper nose or more deep-set eyes?

Jacquelin Koh wanted much more. She wanted to look like the archetypal anime girl ' a heart-shaped face, big sparkling eyes, a small nose and chin, flatter ears, a svelte body and full, ripe breasts.

In her quest, the 29-year-old fashion designer at homegrown fashion boutique The Blog Shop has undergone nine plastic surgery procedures and one correction job.

The cost: $136,000 in total ' the most expensive being her $36,000 breast augmentation procedure.

She still isn't completely satisfied and rates her looks three and a half out of five.

"I'll b perfect five the day I don't need to Photoshop my pictures," she says.

She always touches up her pictures before posting them on her blog at www.jacquelinekoh.com.

She hopes to finally attain "perfection" this March, after she goes for her second correction job with the same Korean surgeon who did her numerous facial operations.

The doctor will making her nose tip even smaller and her chin slightly more V-shaped.

It all started two years ago when she put on 6kg in about a year and a half, even though there was no change in her diet. At 1.6m and 48kg, she says she looked chubby.

She thinks gained weight because "my metabolism was slowing down" and for three months, she ate less and exercised to shed the excess weight.

"I ate one meal a day, worked out on the Stairmas for 15 minutes and did the biceps curl using 1kg dumbbells every day," she says. But she didn't slim down.

Exasperated, she decided to go all out. She wanted not just to lose weight, but also to revamp her entire look.

Improving her appearance was always on her mind, she says. Her weight gain was simply the catalyst.

Though Jacqueline says she's "not an anime fan", she settled on the look of anime girls because "I really like [their] big eyes and small faces," she adds, giggling.

She also wrote a list of all the procedures she wanted to go for to get her ideal look.

Her family and friends had always said she looked perfectly all right, but she felt she was "just average-looking".

She says: "They think I didn't need to go for my operations in first place, but it's a personal choice. It will be enough when I think it's enough."

Did a former verbally and physically abusive relationship that ended in 2004 ' Her World ran a story on it a few years ago ' have anything to do with her extreme makeover?

Jacqueline vehemently says no. "I had all the procedures done for myself."

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
gone from looking like a thai servant to looking like a freak. what a change.

this really is ridiculous. Not being an anime fan, psshhh.
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: osama-bin-joe

gone from looking like a thai servant to looking like a freak. what a change.

this really is ridiculous. Not being an anime fan, psshhh.

One Philipino guy was so obsessed that he did everything to dress and look like Superman.
Idol worship is pretty popular. 😆
Korean women are extremely fond of cosmetic surgery. There must be some side effects to all this.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

For children born with cleft lips, victims of burns, chemicals and accidents, reconstructive surgery is like a boon. Even nose jobs or breast reductions (yes it takes place) that appear frivolous can have minor physical benefits like better respiration or less stress on the spine.

I personally find plastic surgery, other than ones discussed above, to be vain, pointless, frivolous and a waste of time and money. However, I do believe that people have a right over their bodies, their money and they have every right to make whatever decision that they wish to. I believe in accepting choices people make for themselves.

mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

For children born with cleft lips, victims of burns, chemicals and accidents, reconstructive surgery is like a boon. Even nose jobs or breast reductions (yes it takes place) that appear frivolous can have minor physical benefits like better respiration or less stress on the spine.

I personally find plastic surgery, other than ones discussed above, to be vain, pointless, frivolous and a waste of time and money. However, I do believe that people have a right over their bodies, their money and they have every right to make whatever decision that they wish to. I believe in accepting choices people make for themselves.

wow I didn't realize it till now, but you really are diplomatic 😆 or rather, you give an overall analysis of every aspect of the topic.
cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
REturn-to-hades spoke my mind.

When it is reconstructive surgery or is for the actual good, i do support that.

But when these surgeries become an obsession, then its a very big no no.

On a channel, there was a documentary on surgeries gone wrong, it was a real eye opener. how the face had become stiff, paralysis to parts of face/body, infections, or the cement fillers which were in news recently.

But there is no denying that the same surgeries have helped people in a wonderful way, warts/ tumors on the face(tht was disgusting) or excessive fat and extra large chests.
TheUltimate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't support or oppose science based on my convenience. Surgeries generally are good. So what if someone want to change their face? Why to be judgmental? Can plastic surgery go wrong? Sure. Just like how open heart surgery can go wrong. Is that the point, though?

Glad to see that no one has caused a train wreck in this thread by somehow bringing in obscure references to dirty animals.
mr.ass thumbnail
That reminds me, what about modifying oneself to look like a pug? I know of some people who modified themselves to look like animals.
TheUltimate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: osama-bin-joe

That reminds me, what about modifying oneself to look like a pug? I know of some people who modified themselves to look like animals.

True that! Let me guess - was it a baby pug?