Time for ARY to regret?

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Articles/ary-regretting-shaadi-mubarak.html

ARY is currently the number one channel when it comes to ratings. HUM TV might have a Humsafar, but ARY always given it tough competition with names like Maaye Ni and Bulbulay. The channel has been putting its best shows on Saturdays for a while now [Raog and Maaye Ni].
Since the culmination of Maaye Ni, which outdid Humsafar in its last episode, viewers are pretty upset with ARY. The channel that has given us all those emotional, heavy duty serials on Saturdays is finally into experimenting. It has 'Shaadi Mubarak' on Saturdays, which is a lighthearted family saga.
Two episodes have already been aired, and the reviews have been negative. The fans and critics have given a big 'no' to this serial. The serial that was considered to be ARY's answer to GEO's 'Kis Din Mera Vyah Hoveya'[ironically from the same production house], has failed to grab eyeballs. The channel retorted to the same strategy as Kis Din, when it came to promoting Shaadi Mubarak, but the results are not that good.
I remember talking to an A&B Prod. representative a week before Shaadi Mubarak's first episode came on air. I challenged the channel and production house's decision to put the show on Saturdays, when ARY already had[had] a strong fanbase, as viewers tuned in to shed some extra tears. I was told that this was solely the channel's decision to put the show on Saturdays.

ARY must now be repenting, as Shaadi Mubarak has failed to take off and with Humsafar giving it tough competition and Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu starting next month, there is no scope for Shaadi Mubarak.
We might see ARY repeating history and changing the time-slot of the serial.
I wonder why they think when it is always too late.
The actor who is seen in almost every other drama these days, in the same role (Umm-e-Kulsoom, Jo Chalay, My Dear Sautan...etc) has angered his fans around the country.

Latest NEWS

Time for ary to regret

Comments

(14 hours ago) asher said:
i havent seen this drama
rss

2012 - TVKahani Designed by Templates Perfect

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I completely agree...

Kahan Roag and Maaye Ni.. aur kahan yeh! those shows were classic

Shadi Mubarak is not even funny.. i tried my best to watch it but couldnt even last 5 min into it. Upar se the weird way Aijaz Aslam speaks in the show is not helping AT all!! This show should get a negative rating!
tehreemm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I haven't even tried watching shadi mubarak so have no idea whats going on in it because I am always too busy watching humsafar 😳
But I hope they either bring some good show in it's place or this shadi mubarak proves itself because hum tv might take lead in it
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
tried checking out the first episode on youtube...waste of time and so not funny! It was like they just tried to try out the formula of shadi themed show because the Baraat series and Kis Din Mera Veya Howega did well. Even the promos of this show were irritating for me, the way they were trying too hard to make it funny and cool...
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't get it.
On this website it says ARY is doing mindblowingly well and was the most watched channel in Januray . BUT there programmes haven't been all that wicked either .

"

ARY Digital has thrashed its opposition once again by becoming the most watched Urdu entertainment channel in Pakistan in January.

According to data from Media Logic, ARY Digital scored 1106.6 GRPs, whereas Geo TV could only manage 774.0 GRPs and Hum TV not far behind with 767.1 GRPs.

The data was calculated for the whole of January amongst females aged between 15-45 CnS.

Over the past year, ARY Digital has managed status quo as the most watched Pakistani entertainment channel and continues to jump leaps and bounds to retain the top position.""

http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2012/02/pakistan_rating_2.php

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
That is because of their morning show, Bulbulay, reality shows, and the movies the often show PLUS Kaafir is a huge hit.

ARY is indeed number 1 at the moment.