Kafir ARY full drama review - TVKahani

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/kaafir/review.html

Home | Happenings | Dramas | Celebrities | Ratings | Contests | Forums | Contact |

Kaafir(ARY)

Preview
Cast & Crew
Wallpapers & Images
Articles
Trailers

Full Episodes
OST+Lyrics
Review
Trivia
Fanclub

Review

There are times when you turn on your TV and watch a promo of an upcoming serial, with the biggest of stars, coming from one of the biggest production houses in the country. Your expectations are high and you cannot wait to see it. Then there are times where you see the promo of a serial that has it all, but due to some reasons you have zilch expectations. Kaafir falls in the latter category.

Kaafir that comes from Humayun Saeed's production has Humayun and Ayesha Khan in the lead role. The serial, that is now doing great in numbers, was met with poor response when the first look was revealed. I had my jaw dropped and could not believe they actually went ahead with that 'aray na cheez,tu hay kya cheez' promo. It was weird in one word.

An article had earlier stated that ARY had given up on Kaafir, due to the poor record of lead pair in the last few years. The promotion was low key and they put it on Mondays [what they consider a poor day], but the show has proven cynics wrong and springs a surprise. Read on to find out why.

Kaafir tells the story of Izzat(Ayesha Khan), who is a strong and determined girl, and knows her grounds pretty well. She is in love with a boy,Azaan(Affan), and life looks good when suddenly all hell breaks, as she meets Shahan(Humayun Saeed), who hits on her and ends up raping her.

Shahan is a spoilsport and is living a dual life. In order to save his face he destroys Izzat's life and then begins the revenge game.

Kaafir isn't ground-breaking or pioneering work, but I have to state, it puts the good back on ARY. It has a point to tell, a story to narrate, and characters to show. The story snowballs into heavy-duty drama as it reaches the culmination point and in every episode you are met with aspiring moments.

What works in its favor is that it does not have a oh-I-have-seen-it-before kind of beaten to death plot. Whenever you feel you know what's next, you are surprised at the twists.

Directed by Shahid, this one is really interesting. The director casts the actors who are perfect for their roles. The script (Khaaliq Khan) is great. The twists are woven interestingly into the narrative and the director knows his job pretty well. You are taken by surprise episode after episode, and whenever it gets slow, you know something big is waiting ahead to happen.The dialogues are not great, but work. The editing is good and so is the background music. The OST in my opinion could've been better.

From the acting point of view, both Humayun Saeed and Ayesha Khan are great. This ranks among of the best performances in their career in recent times. Humayun Saeed plays the evil, easy-to-hate, deceiver very nicely. His looks, mannerism, body language, and dialogue delivery is perfect. The actor finally strikes back in a role made for him. On the other hand, Ayesha Khan's last few serials might have been duds, but the actress has always gotten brownie points for her acting. She is one of the finest actors in the industry today, and here she proves again why. Ayesha Khan as the straight forward Izzat is brilliant and deserves accolades for the portrayal.

Samina Pirzada and Shabbir Jaan are good in small but significant roles. Shama Zaidi is effective. Affan looks refreshing on screen, but I do not understand why HE? He looks bad with Ayesha Khan. They play a couple for the first few episodes and make you puke. Miss.Hisbani is there? Oh,yes she is.

Over all, Kaafir is one of the best serials to have arrived in recent times. This one has it all: story, characters, twists, crisp editing, and great performances. The theme is bold and might take you by surprise. It deserves ek nazar at least.

Ratings :

Comments:

Comments

(12 hours ago) hi said:
hi
rss

About Us | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Disclaimer | Careers | Feedback

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users