Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sri3068 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
st19 wrote:
If you dont like it then stop watching it! ajai sinha nor anyone else has forced you keep watching the show!! Why do u bother wasting your time discussing a show u don't like i wonder?
well no one really forced me to watch the serial...infact it was my favourite till before the leap....I thought this forum is a place where one could share their views....wonder why st19 is getting hyper....so please do not stop anybody from expressing their views....if you dont like reading it,better not waste your time on wondering ....🤢
smileeehehe thumbnail

Originally posted by: sri3068

st19 wrote:
If you dont like it then stop watching it! ajai sinha nor anyone else has forced you keep watching the show!! Why do u bother wasting your time discussing a show u don't like i wonder?
well no one really forced me to watch the serial...infact it was my favourite till before the leap....I thought this forum is a place where one could share their views....wonder why st19 is getting hyper....so please do not stop anybody from expressing their views....if you dont like reading it,better not waste your time on wondering ....🤢

exactly! I totally agree with you.
mitila thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

i havent stopped watching the show bcoz i am a big fan of astitva. the characters and story-line was realistic and identifiable before but off-late ajay sinha is losing the grip. he's trying to make the serial unnecessarily dramatic with unwanted twists and turns(may be he's taking tips from ekta kapoor).

thats right, aanandi and neha both die during childbirth. thats a lil hard to believe. moreover, i dont understand as to why abhi has adopted this 'runaway' technique. cant he take a stand and be by it and explain it to everyone instead of hiding.

i dont think astitva will regain its old charm. with the rumour that sia is going to fall in love with he own dad, i think astitva is going to worsen only.

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smileeehehe

You're right no one's forcing us, but we USED to be fans of this show. Once you start watching something, specially a serial, it's really hard to stop. We are just sad to see a good program go bad, and as independent people we have the right to discuss about things that we don't like as well.

From what you wrote, seems like you didn't like what we said either. Why do you bother wasting your time typing about something you don't like, i wonder.

This type of comment always surprises me....why is it we only need to come here to say good things? if we don't like the program, then we can say so and also continue watching cos we enjoy, although we may not agree with it...that's the point of this forum....in fact, if u don't like what we write, then you can stop coming to the forum? he na?

smileeehehe thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

This type of comment always surprises me....why is it we only need to come here to say good things? if we don't like the program, then we can say so and also continue watching cos we enjoy, although we may not agree with it...that's the point of this forum....in fact, if u don't like what we write, then you can stop coming to the forum? he na?

Exactly, I agree with you. I mean part of the success of the show is measured by how many viewers watch it, and I think we have full right to disagree with what's being shown. May be we are concerning our dislike for the fact that we are sad seing such a good show going in a bad way.
scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Actually...some ppl come here just to critisize others, otherwise everyone is free to write their views.
Just be ready if you critisize someone then someone can critisize you too..... 😃
peaches thumbnail

Hi All,

I'm new to the Astitva board. It was very interesting to read all the posts relating to this topic and I value everyone's view points. No I'm not here to critisize anyone's view, but ratther make is a know fact that I'm a big fan of Astitva....😉

I have been watching Astitva since it first started. I was extremely amazed at how well the director portrayed the love between two characters that had a substantial age difference. I have to say the characters playing both Abhi and Simran did a lovely job handling their onscreen relationship the way it was suppose to be. In other words this was a very realistic story line and I was really impressed at the work of the directors. I don't think there has ever been a better director than Ajay. Thus I feel that, the show is still worth watching.

I loved the show before the leap and I guess I like the show now. I admit the show is not as interesting as it initially was, but I not going to stop watching it now because there isn't so much drama to keep me entertained like Kusum.

As for everyone's responses, I would just like to bring up a few other points.

The show has not been as interesting as it was before, but as audience of soap pars, we must realize that like everything, there are going to be ups and downs in these story lines. Some story lines take time to develop into something good. For example, when Simran decides to tell Gudia that she is not her real mother. I don't expect to see this happen right way. As far as things being boring, I would rather see a story being developed slowly and with care, rather than something incorporating a story line that would bring back a character from the grave, which is highly unrealistic.

Astiva is much much better than the some of the really unrealistic crap that's out there. Take Kusum for example. Ekta can't solve one mystery or conflict properly before she has created another one. Yeah, there are twists and shocks everywhere, but that does not make a soap interesting to watch. I don't expect to see Astitva with unexpected drama unfolding every day, just so it can attract the view every since day, like some soaps promise to offer. People re marry, sleep around, divorce, die, and come back from the grave so often that's it's considered a joke. Not to mention, how many kids and wives re appear out of no where. That's not what Astitva is all about. It's different show and it replicates the same issues that people have in every day life. There are people out there that do have more than one marriage or even two. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Secondly, there are people out there like Simran that have faced a really rough life. No one ever claimed that Simran was perfect; she did have flaws and there were brought out in the show.

As far as Simran not verifying the death of her baby, what other choice would she have had but to except that fact? There was no proof that she was alive either, not were they able to fine that woman. Just because she accepted her daughter's death from that Indian woman's testimony, doesn't mean that the police would have stopped the investigation. The story just has Simran going back to Indian with out any hopes that she will ever be re-united with her daughter. The directors had to do that because if there was hope for Simran to find her daughter then she would have to move to London.

In regards to people dying in the show, what does one expect the director to do if the character no longer wants to be in the show, or this person's character has noting to offer the show? In the case of Aanandi, her death was to teach her mother a lesson that her hatred for Simran resulted in something bad happening to her own daughter. That was a great story line. What's so unrealistic about that? Aanandi had a lot of complications with her pregnancy because of stress. No, in this day in age, women don't die during child birth, but when a mother- to- be is under a lot of stress, this can cause a lot of complications to both the mother and baby. Both women did have a lot of stress, especially Neha. Not mention, Neha already had a complication to begin with because of her first miscarriage.

I think the idea here is to realize that these are story lines and characters keep changing, that doesn't mean that soap becomes worthless.

With the whole Abhi and Sia falling in love subject matter, I don't see why this would be such a shock. At the time that Abhi and Sia will meet, they won't' know what the truth is. Humans are extremely complex; no one in the world has been able to solve the mystery of how we develop emotions, attractions, and relationships among one another. People have make theories, but no one knows what the human mind is all about. This is one directors view point. The main issue is how the drama flows after the facts are out. This is a sensitive matter, but extremely interesting, and I have full faith that the director will handle this is subject matter in very mature way. I don't think that it's right to judge or speculate on something that hasn't even been put forth. Maybe Sia's love for Abhi is just an "emotional" one and never goes beyond that.

In conclusion, I do feel that Astitva is worth watching.

Just my thoughts.......

innocentindian thumbnail

I think I can take the criticism....it's just that one of the points behind forums such as this is that you can voice whatever opinjion you have. I like reading what others have to say regarding Astitva, hence I come here. I'm not bothered about any of the other forums so don't bother going there.

scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Same as others, ...exactly what I wanted to say
smileeehehe thumbnail

Originally posted by: peaches

Hi All,

I'm new to the Astitva board. It was very interesting to read all the posts relating to this topic and I value everyone's view points. No I'm not here to critisize anyone's view, but ratther make is a know fact that I'm a big fan of Astitva....😉

I have been watching Astitva since it first started. I was extremely amazed at how well the director portrayed the love between two characters that had a substantial age difference. I have to say the characters playing both Abhi and Simran did a lovely job handling their onscreen relationship the way it was suppose to be. In other words this was a very realistic story line and I was really impressed at the work of the directors. I don't think there has ever been a better director than Ajay. Thus I feel that, the show is still worth watching.

I loved the show before the leap and I guess I like the show now. I admit the show is not as interesting as it initially was, but I not going to stop watching it now because there isn't so much drama to keep me entertained like Kusum.

As for everyone's responses, I would just like to bring up a few other points.

The show has not been as interesting as it was before, but as audience of soap pars, we must realize that like everything, there are going to be ups and downs in these story lines. Some story lines take time to develop into something good. For example, when Simran decides to tell Gudia that she is not her real mother. I don't expect to see this happen right way. As far as things being boring, I would rather see a story being developed slowly and with care, rather than something incorporating a story line that would bring back a character from the grave, which is highly unrealistic.

Astiva is much much better than the some of the really unrealistic crap that's out there. Take Kusum for example. Ekta can't solve one mystery or conflict properly before she has created another one. Yeah, there are twists and shocks everywhere, but that does not make a soap interesting to watch. I don't expect to see Astitva with unexpected drama unfolding every day, just so it can attract the view every since day, like some soaps promise to offer. People re marry, sleep around, divorce, die, and come back from the grave so often that's it's considered a joke. Not to mention, how many kids and wives re appear out of no where. That's not what Astitva is all about. It's different show and it replicates the same issues that people have in every day life. There are people out there that do have more than one marriage or even two. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Secondly, there are people out there like Simran that have faced a really rough life. No one ever claimed that Simran was perfect; she did have flaws and there were brought out in the show.

As far as Simran not verifying the death of her baby, what other choice would she have had but to except that fact? There was no proof that she was alive either, not were they able to fine that woman. Just because she accepted her daughter's death from that Indian woman's testimony, doesn't mean that the police would have stopped the investigation. The story just has Simran going back to Indian with out any hopes that she will ever be re-united with her daughter. The directors had to do that because if there was hope for Simran to find her daughter then she would have to move to London.

In regards to people dying in the show, what does one expect the director to do if the character no longer wants to be in the show, or this person's character has noting to offer the show? In the case of Aanandi, her death was to teach her mother a lesson that her hatred for Simran resulted in something bad happening to her own daughter. That was a great story line. What's so unrealistic about that? Aanandi had a lot of complications with her pregnancy because of stress. No, in this day in age, women don't die during child birth, but when a mother- to- be is under a lot of stress, this can cause a lot of complications to both the mother and baby. Both women did have a lot of stress, especially Neha. Not mention, Neha already had a complication to begin with because of her first miscarriage.

I think the idea here is to realize that these are story lines and characters keep changing, that doesn't mean that soap becomes worthless.

With the whole Abhi and Sia falling in love subject matter, I don't see why this would be such a shock. At the time that Abhi and Sia will meet, they won't' know what the truth is. Humans are extremely complex; no one in the world has been able to solve the mystery of how we develop emotions, attractions, and relationships among one another. People have make theories, but no one knows what the human mind is all about. This is one directors view point. The main issue is how the drama flows after the facts are out. This is a sensitive matter, but extremely interesting, and I have full faith that the director will handle this is subject matter in very mature way. I don't think that it's right to judge or speculate on something that hasn't even been put forth. Maybe Sia's love for Abhi is just an "emotional" one and never goes beyond that.

In conclusion, I do feel that Astitva is worth watching.

Just my thoughts.......

Wow, it's interesting to see the other side of the coin. I'll definitely write up other side of the story as soon as I get some tme. But it was very interesting to see, how you saw the positive side of the story.
Edited by smileeehehe - 19 years ago