Topic Reposted - How we became Nihira fan

Gotush thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

The topic below is RePosted since the same was closed by moderators in SaregamapaEMET section ( since the topic relates to C2005).

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------
Let's share our thoughts and feelings on why we like Nihira...

Starting with myself.

Nihira is the first and only celebrity whose pics are on my PC. I never believed in buying posters, taking autographs, or reading magzines for some celebrity, not even during school days. I have been very focused and self centered person.

I decide something for myself and enjoy working on it and then I am least bothered about anything else in the world.

This very thing I saw in Nihira. She only beleived in singing to her best .
I do not understand technicalities of Music like Sur , Tal , Raag , mind etc. (Though I can imitate many singers voices and their songs.) But when I listen to Nihira songs , it touches my heart. While singing everything goes in to her singing, she is lost in other world and one can see that on her face.

But this was not enough for me to be her fan. The another thing that I got attracted to was her very sensible and decent behaviour (Just like her parents) and decent dressing.

When I first mailed her, I myself was little reluctant ...But next day I saw her reply where she said..."Your wishes are my lifelong asset...whether I win or loose...and I owe everthing to my parents"

Her such nice and humble reply really moved me and broke all my mental barriers.

And then a person who rarely watch TV ( that too only Discovery , NG, News or History), started following SRGMP without fail. And with Nihira's Every performance I started liking her more. It went on till she was eliminated 😭.

The very testimony is that in my schooldays I used to hate poetry and poems section. Nihira's voice made me write poems, It showed me my own potential to do something which I was unware of. Isn't it a Magical voice.

I am very happy and proud to be a Nihira Supporter, Admirer, Fan whatever you say. Not because she is best singer but one of nicest person I have come across.

And more happy to be surrounded with so many like minded people here.

Keep this going folks....as Amogh always say Nihira Rocks
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shesthebest thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for reposting this topic. I just wanted to share my thoughts on how I became a fan of Nihira, and slowly my admiration for her grew more and more...

When SRGMP Challenge 2005 started, there were so many candidates, it was hard to keep track. In the middle of these auditions, the first time I heard Nihira sing, I was truly amazed. The song was "Chalka chalka re kalash ka paani"… It was such a difficult classical song, and she rendered it with such ease. I had not heard such a talented female voice in Saregamapa for a long time. She had a crystal clear, sweet voice which was a class apart. At that point, she was head and shoulders above everyone else in the competition. I had no doubts in my mind that this girl would win the contest…

From that point on, in every round of the contest, I waited for Nihira's turn. It was almost 4 weeks between songs because there were so many singers. And everytime Nihira came, she got an instant green card and went on the next round. The next song of Nihira that mesmerized me was the haunting "Roz shaam aati thi"… I had never heard it before, and it was just beautiful… one of those melodies that casts a spell over the listener.

Well, the rounds went on and on… Nihira sang a large variety of songs in Agnipariksha… She was always perfect on sur and melody, but some songs I liked better than others. Again, she impressed me a great deal with her outstanding, live rendition of "I love you"… I still don't know how she had the guts to sing the parts of two such diverse singers in a live performance!!! In the entertainment industry, they talk about artists re-inventing themselves… well, Nihira did it that night!!!

Well, I could go on and on about Nihira's singing… but that's not the real reason for my admiration for Nihira. Because I do like a variety of singers that are as different as night and day… (I like Himani, Sunidhi Chauhan, Aditi Paul, Meenal Jain, all singers that sound totally different from Nihira) … But what really made me appreciate Nihira more and more was her personality. The grace, dignity and humility with which she left when she was eliminated. She is so secure in her self, that she doesn't seek attention, nor does she need approval from anyone. She remains constant, in a glamorous world that is constantly changing and expecting people to conform. It takes guts to stick to ones principles and still make it.

In the last few months I've been taking snapshots of Nihira, Hema and Himani for their fan clubs. When I watch Nihira's songs, sometimes frame by frame, I can really appreciate her inner beauty. In some way, I felt like I got to know the "real Nihira". There is nothing fake about her. She is pure and simple, and those qualities come shining through in her radiant smile… or even when she is concentrating on a tune with her eyes closed. Each time, I really try to capture her true essence in every song. She really grew on me… and I'm sure will continue to do so in the future…and in the same way in the hearts of all her fans.

… A picture's worth a thousand words !!! 😊

Gotush thumbnail

We can go on and on when it comes to praising Nihira...

FANS Please share your thoughts...We will have good collection here

X-rebel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have known Nihira since childhood and i dont know when i became her fan, but today i more proudly say i m her fan, than i know her.

NIHIRA Rocks.
saniya9919 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
First I liked her voice ,then I was impressed by her singing( she can sing any kind of songs from 'I love u ' to 'Saathi Re'.)I started watching SRGMP05 because of her.

During SRGMP-C05 I waited for thursdays & fridays never before.Then every episode for Nihira's turn.I still miss it. 😭

When I watched her in every episode I came to know different shades of her personality.Each shade is so nice like her singing.She is sweet,innocent,real,calm,down to earth,polite & very intelligent.( She won KYZ)😃

She believed in her singing & other things never bothered her(in her entire SRGMP journy.).Her AVS were also truthful like her.I feel she really has some connection with god. 😛 May god bless her with all the success & happiness she deserves.

Her exit episode to her replies to my mails ,each time I m finding a lot about her inner beauty.As Vinayaji said she is pure & simple.Her smile says it.

I have been making her wallpapers.I really enjoy it. I never spended my time for such things before.

I m fan of some other celebrities too but when it comes to Nihira,I feel she is someone whom I know for long time.The one whom I care alot. She is different . 😊
Edited by saniya9919 - 18 years ago
Gotush thumbnail

Originally posted by: saniya9919

..... I never spended my time for such things before.
................She is different . 😊

You have put things in so simple and straight way.

but we are not "spending" our time saniya, we are "using" our time ..

I was never a fan of any celebrity.....finally I sucumbed to Nihira's simplicity and voice and her dedication toward her work...and I became her fan ( suggest some other word please..."fan" does not convery our real appreciation and affection).

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I really can't express in words why I admire Nihira, there is something special about her which touches me. Not only is she a fantastic singer, but she is one of the simplest, sweetest and down to earth person I have seen, never used anything else than her singing to ask for votes. Despite studying at Mithibai College (Saniya told me that it is one of the most upmarket colleges in Mumbai), despite spending months in showbiz, she is still the same old Nihira, bilkul nahin badli hai. 😃