Kaala Jadoo(ARY) Review:

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Review
Kaala Jadoo, which promised something different and unique with the spookiness finally returning to our television screen hasn't been able to live up to the expectations. It tells the story of Suman(Aiza Khan), among other half a dozen characters. Suman becomes the victim of kaala jadoo, by people around her: like her mother-in-law (Saba Hameed), and her bhabhi, played by Sana Askari.
The drama honestly hasn't been able to keep me hooked, after the first interesting episode. I have a problem with almost everything:
1. The faces. We are seeing Sami Khan, Aiza Khan, and Sana Askari too much these days. It is getting torturous.
2. The screenplay is boring and the editing is bland. It is the kind of serial you can watch by half-forwarding it.
3. The dialogues, characterization and direction are equally bad.
Honestly, this is the case where anything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. The direction by Mohsin Mirza is bad, to say the least, and unfortunately the script is equally bad. This is Mohsin's first big break and he fails to take the advantage.He needs to do some more homework before wearing the director's cap again.
The serial has no OST, maybe to make it look more interesting-eh? Unfortunately the background music isn't the sort required for this drama. The writing(Rukhsana Nigar) is the weakest link. There are far too many side tracks and in most of the cases, no explanation is given for the happenings. HELLO? Taking the viewers for granted?
Saba Pervez gets a meaty role and does full justice to it. She is one of my favoriteactress today and always a pleasure to watch on-screen. Sami Khan again plays the bechara here. Sorry,Sami, we need a break. Aiza Khan shows improvement. The actress has done variety of role in a very short span of time. Commendable. SanaAskari ruins whatever is given to her. The actress needs to work on her dialogue delivery and expressions. She always sounds like a bechari to me. Hasan Ahmedgets little onscreen time, and fortunately so, as he irritates with his presence.Anooshay Abbasi is a great talent and deserves more acclaim. Abid Ali in a cameo is likeble. The supporting cast does a fair job.
Overall, this serial has far too many actors to keep you hooked. It is a khichdi with too much of mirchi,which puts you off. The tadka is also missing. Better give this one a miss.

Ratings :

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/kaala-jadoo/review.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
had high hopes from it.. since the name Kaala Jaadu got me curious.. but i was a big disappointment.. too much of rona dhona
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Saba plays her sister-in-law not mother in law
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
terha show hy =P
and i wont say, terha hy par mera hy
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i dont know where the hell the play is proceeding
is sami aware of something v still dont know???
his expressions make me curious
specially the last episode y he over reacted in the last scene, is he doing something wrong ???
to know this have to watch the up coming episodes
so it hooked me real well 🤣
about mohsin's direction
i still dont know what actually director is doing???
just saying u have to stand over there, moving two steps towards north at 90 degree???? WHAT 😕
notavailable thumbnail
Although im watching it, there's just family drama in it.. Kala Jadu tou hai hi nahin.. Abid Ali's character is hardly shown in it
Paramore thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I was disappointed too sadly .Firstly,Azfar Rehman in just 3-4 episodes? WTH? .Secondly,Sami Khan's same bechaara act again...tiresome .Sana Askari is a mess *sigh* the show is not very amazing either ...i jjust enjoyed begining 3 to 4 episodes cause the Farhan and Suman couple was cute .If anyone really like shows on such superstitions watch Dareecha its dragging i know but its worth it nowadays story line is getting to the point and i'm actually freaked to know Maheen's relation with Noor Jehan
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm watching this one... liking it but when ever Sana Asgari part comes on I fastforward, a bit boring..Actually the way in which Sami is acting scared of his api jee to me its a bit different from his other roles still the 'bechara' type though ...

I think Its fair to say Saba Pervaiz owns this show
😊
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
1.5? that's by far the worst ratings I've seen posted lol
RagMasta thumbnail
I watched the first episode today, and thought it was pretty interesting...
Actually I haven't seen a Sami Khan or Aiza Khan serial yet, so this all might seem more fresh for me, but according to all your comments and the review, I feel like i should skip this one =/