The Bhosale dynasty

namsii231997 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
here is sum info on the bhonsle dynasty...
Chhatrapati Shivaji the great.
H.H. Kshatriya Kulawatasana, Sinhasanadhishwar, Shrimant Rajashri Shivaji I Chhatrapati Maharaj Bhonsle (Shivaji the Great). b. at Shivaneri Fort, near Jamnar, 19th February 1627, second son of Meherban Shrimant Farzand Shahaji Raje Sahibj Bhonsle, of Poona and Satara, by his wife, Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Jijibai Raje Sahib Bhonsle. Educ. privately. Entered the service of the Nizamshahi kings but later transferred his allegiance to the kings of Bijapur. Granted the title of Sar Lashkar Bahadur by Sultan Muhammad 'Adil Shah of Bijapur. Succeeded on the death of his father to the hereditary title of Maharaj, 23rd January 1664. Granted an Imperial firman recognising his right to certain territories by Emperor Aurangzeb and appointed to an Imperial mansab of 5,000 zat and 5,000 sowar, 30th September 1665. Declared his independence and installed at Raigad as the Chhatrapati Maharaj of the Mahratta Swarajya, 6th June 1674. m. (first) at Bijapur, 14th May 1640, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Saibai Raje Sahib Bhonsle (d. 5th September 1659), daughter of Shrimant Vithojirao Mohite, of Newas. m. (second) 1641, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Sagunabai Raje Sahib Bhonsle, of the Shirke family. m. (third) before 1650, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Maharani Soyarabai Raje Sahib Bhonsle(d. by suicide at Raigad, 27th October 1681), invested as chief wife with the title of Maharani, 6th June 1674, daughter of Shrimant Sardar Sambhaji Mohite, by his wife, a lady of the Ghatge family. m. (fourth) 1653, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Putalabai Raje Sahib Bhonsle (d. by sati following the death of her husband, April 1680), sister of Shrimant Sardar Bajirao Sahib Mohite. m. (fifth) before 1656, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Lakshmibai Raje Sahib Bhonsle (d.s.p.), of the Vichare family. m. (sixth) January 1657, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Sakwarbai Raje Sahib Bhonsle(d. after 1707), of the Gaekwad family. m. (seventh) 8th April 1657, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Kashibai Raje Sahib Bhonsle (d. 1674), of the Jadhav family. m. (eighth) 15th April 1657, H.H. Rani Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Gunvantabai Raje Sahib Bhonsle (d.s.p.), of the Ingle family. He d. at Raigad, 17th April 1680, having had issue, two sons and six daughters:

1) H.H. Kshatriya Kulawatasana, Sinhasanadhishwar, Shrimant Rajashri Shahu Sambhaji I Chhatrapati Maharaj Bhonsle (s/o Saibai) - see below.

2) H.H. Kshatriya Kulawatasana, Sinhasanadhishwar, Shrimant Rajashri Rajaram I Chhatrapati Maharaj Bhonsle(s/o Soyarabai) - see below.

1) Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Sakwarbai Raje Sahib Nimbalkar [Sakhubai]. b. after 1657 (d/o Saibai). m. Shrimant Mahadjirao Bajajirao Naik Nimbalkar, son of Meherban Shrimant Sardar Bajajirao I Naik Nimbalkar, Chief of Phaltan - see India (Phaltan).

2) Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Ranubai Raje Sahib Jadhav. b. after 1657 (d/o Saibai). m. into the Jadhav family.

3) Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Ambikabai Raje Sahib Mahadik (d/o Saibai). She assumed control of the government of the Carnatic on behalf of her minor sons, following the death of her husband, but was forced to yield the Gingee Fort to her brother Rajaram on 13th November 1689. m. Meherban Shrimant Sardar Harji Raje Mahadik (d. at Gingee, 29th September 1689), jagirdar of Tarale, Subadar of the Carnatic 1681-1689, who a ssumed the title of Maharaja and attempted to carve out an independent kingdom for himself in the eastern Carnatic. She had issue, at least two sons.

4) Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Nannibai Raje Sahib Shirke (d/o Sagunabai). m. Shrimant Janoji Raje Shirke, of Male.

5) Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Balabai Raje Sahib Visajirao [Dipabai] (d/o Saibai). m. Shrimant Sardar Visajirao.

6) Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Kamalabai Raje Sahib Palkar. b. after 1657 (d/o Sakwarbai). m. Shrimant Sardar Janoji Palkar

i havent written these just found them on net so thought of sharing.hope u liked it...😊😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

namsii231997 thumbnail
and yes pls do comment😊😊!!
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thanks! their titles are long to read! πŸ˜† nonetheless i read them!
namsii231997 thumbnail
seriously i got a headache reading those long titles.did u see the sad thing they havent mentioned sai as maharani only rani.so sad.and soyarabai as maharani.grrr!!!
Edited by namsii231997 - 12 years ago
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: namsii231997

seriously i got a headache reading those long titles.did u see the sad thing they havent mentioned sai as maharani only rani.so sad.and soyarabai as maharani.grrr!!!

yea but Saibai died long before the coronation, which is sad! πŸ˜’
namsii231997 thumbnail
@ aru di welcum always

@ratilal...yes i know that but still i feel emotional dunno why when i read abt sayee's death!

namsii231997 thumbnail
but did u guys notice here balabai alias dipabai has been mentioned as saibai's daughter...
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
deepabai was d/o of soyarabai isn't it??
namsii231997 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aru_86

deepabai was d/o of soyarabai isn't it??

yes even i had the same doubt which i had asked in another topic{certain ambiguities of soyrabai}.
god knows wat is the truth there are so many things which need light in history be it any character or story...i too wish to kno the truth though i think dipabai is soira's daughter.mayb it cud have also been sayees daughter!!!!!!!😊😊😊😊😊😊
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing the info! 😊