TOI: Geeta Kapur opens up

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Geeta Kapur opens up

Dibyajyoti Chaudhuri, TNN | Jan 15, 2012, 04.47PM IST
Read More:Sheila Ki Jawani|Reality Show Judge|Geeta Kapur|Farah Khan
Geeta Kapur
Reality show judge Geeta Kapur talks her heart out about her association with Farah Khan and the success of Sheila ki Jawani. 

"My association with Farah Khan has been for a long time. She is like my second mother. I feel very protected and looked after whenever I'm with her. I've never known any other Guru. Whatever I am today, its all because of her. She saw the potential in me and gave me a break. I wouldn't want to change this for anything in the world. If need be, I'll leave everything at the drop of a hat and go and assist her," she says. 

Talking on Sheila Ki Jawani she says, "We did not expect it to be such a hit, but ofcourse we worked towards making it a hit! I'm very happy that all the hard work that was put into it finally paid off. In fact, the song has become a benchmark in the item songs genre. Plus it also got tagged as a 'classy' song and not a vulgar number which generally item songs are portrayed as. I think that was a big achievement." Here's to hoping that, we get many such numbers this year.