MG-OS-Sitting beside you

-Crayon- thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Mandi House , New Delhi

He was sitting in the canteen of  a leading cultural organisation. He came out after watching a play It' his favourite place ,he often came there  ,ambience of that place always attracts him...surrounded by  theatre artists ,people discussing various things regarding their next performances , groups of artists sometimes with their make-ups on ,few socialites , people who work back stage ,everyone.

He liked to sit in the lawn located near the canteen..the climate was pleasant ,he sat there with a glass  of his favourite lemonade and sa there enjoying his surroundings ,he was waiting for a friend who just participated in the play .

While waiting for him ,his eyes fell on a girl who was laughing constantly . He saw her somewhere ,yeah she was also a part of the play, she has amazingly expressive eyes. She performed exceptionally well.

Hey dude!!

Hey Prashant .

Maan chale ?? we are getting late.

Maan nodded his head and again looked in that direction ,but she along with her friends left the place ,may be she went to the canteen ,but he had to leave.

Maan ,Have you started the assignment ??

Not yet ,I will start it today .

Please tell me when you start yaar , I have some doubts regarding the assignment ,so until ad unless you start it ,I'll not be able to ask you.

Ok Sure  .

Maan ,MA student .. he recently joined the college ,it's his first year.

Inspite of being new ,he made many new friends ,he is one of the most famous guys in the college ,not a heartthrob because there was no-one such as heartthrob in his college.

He was quite famous because almost everyone knew him , his seniors ,his classmates. Undergraduates ,he is quite active.

She also knew him , of course everyone knew him .

.Geet ,  intelligent but she always  tried to maintained a low profile ,not  that she didn't have friends ,she had but very few ,she never believed in the fundaa of having lots and lots of friends  and being known to everyone.

Maan and Geet knew each other.

Maan was a very good friend of other people in her group.

They both talked to each other just for the sake of group.

Maan recognised her as the girl ,he saw in the play but never  brought that topic as such because Geet always behaved formally .

They never had much interaction.

But from her accent he got to know  he somehow understood that she might have studied abroad previously.

One day ,they had to sit together and talk because they all decided to give one of their friends a surprise party ,the idea was of Maan and everyone agreed to that.

Even Geet was excited to plan a surprise party .

They both met after the college  ,at the metro station.

Hey ,sorry I'm late ,he said while keeping the wallet inside his bag.

Not a problem  ,I'm just waiting from 5  minutes she said while sipping her iced-tea .

Ok...let's sit there and then talk,

Ok ,she smiled and they both sat on the stair case of the metro station

They both sat there with a cup of ice tea .

They soon planned few things ,it didn't take much time ,they completed everything and decided to leave.

So which line are you gonna take??

Blue line...Mandi house.

Oh even I'm going to Mandi house ,let's go together.

So where are you gonna go??

National School of Drama .

NSD? She repeated with a huge smile.

Yeah ,I have some work there.

Are you a student of NSD ?

Hmm..well I was a student ,when I was an Undergraduate ,but not now.

Oh wow ,even I was a student of NSD.

you know what...I even watched one of your plays.

Mine??

Yeah ,the one in which you played the role of a  spoilt brat ,he smiled.

Oh yeah I remember , many people must have cursed my character in that play.gosh!

Well you performed very well in that play.

Thank you ,she smiled politely.

So do you perform??

No I don't  ,but I love watching.

Oh wow...then there's my play day after tomorrow, if you are interested then...

Yeah sure...thanks a lot for invite ,I would love to watch the play.

They talked fo a fw more minutes before they reached their respective destination.

They actually enjoyed the conversartion and it soon turned into a very casual one.

Now they talked to each other more often discussing about their experiences there.

After two days ,he attended the play where Geet played the role of a young girl ,badly affected by

The rules of patriarchy that were strictly followed in her house. She always tried to question the so-called rules . It was a very strong character

She performed amazingly well. He couldn't remove his eyes from her , the wa she conveyed a lot of things through her eyes ,the dominance of her voice.

Her body-language everthing was just pefect.

After the play got over ,they both left together.

You were amazing today.

Thanks a lot for such generous compliment.

I did a lot of mistakes.

I don't know much about those technicalities but as an audience ,I thoroughly enjoyed your performance Geet.

They both sat in a part while sipping their favourite ice-tea aand talked for few more minutes.

Oh that's good ,so you work for a foundation.

You know what ,when I was in Beijing.

Beijing???

Arreh haan...I studied there.

In Beijing? That sounds good

Actually my father is a diplomat ,so ...

Diplomat??? Are you kidding me??

Oh...I...I...mean ...actually I didn't mean that.

Oh no it's ok.

That must be a nice experience for you, oh and I guess you also have a diplomat visa.

Yeah it's actually nice to explore different people but it was never so easy for me.

I had to face a lot of problems in mixing up with other children.

Language was a big barrier ,I had to spend many days without any friend.

But slowly when you start mixing up then you kinda enjoy things around you.

But it's always very difficult to break a shell and then go inside it and mingle with people.

But once I  crossed those barriers ,It was a nice experience for me.

Oh...different people ,different surroundings that made you to chose psychology as your subject.

Yeah my dad wanted me to take up economics but he never forced me to do so ...I love his subject and I'm happy doing this.

So what made you to take up Economics ??

Well ,not one there are many !!

I was always interested in this subject and thankfully while doing my under graduation I got some wonderful professors ,who made this subject more interesting.

Yeah and even in our college there are some wonderful professors ,I have attended few Eco Fest.

They are very good.

Frankly speaking I really love the faculty ,all are so amazing and not to forget very "Cool".

Hey ...I forgot , tomorrow there's a talk in our college by a very famous psychologist  Dr. Ashok Khurana ,why don't you attend it??

He smiled , actually Geet ,he is my dad.

WHAT? Are you serious?? I mean ...she stammered.

Yep .

They both smiled and remained silent for few minutes.

Same way ,everyday after the college ,they met somewhere ,used to sit beside each other while sipping ice-tea ,discussing various things ,slowly opening up  a new part of their lives everyday.

They enjoyed each other's company.

In the college ,no-one knew that they were growing closer ,because they never behaved in such way.

Maan as usual talked to many friends ,each and every person was his friend...many girls had crush on him ,they kinda liked to spend with him.

But strangely inspite of his closeness with other people she never felt in-secure because some where or the other even they both knew that they knew each other as no-one else knows.

They both shared everything wiping away the loneliness in each other's lives.

The more they talked the more the barriers like insecurities , possessiveness vanished from their relationship.

Inspite of their growing closeness and the bonding they shared ,they never gave a  particular name to their relationship as every other person would do if they shared such bond ,something like boy-friend and girl-friend.

But they stayed away from such labels.

They both didn't only share valuable parts of their life but also shared their crazy experiences , used to do all sort of crazy things whenever they got time ,but that day was something very different.

He was waiting for her with tow cups of ice-tea  and she came there to meet him  could easily sense that she cried bitterly.

She sat near him.

Geet what happened??

You seem very upset??

My parent are moving from India Maan ,including my little sister but I'm not ...I have to complete my studies and I have always decided that I'll work in India.

I'm really gonna miss them like anything ,tears started rolling from her eyes while she was speaking ,she closed her eyes and tried to stop her tears ,Maan tried to console her ...he kept his hand on her shoulder and she leaned her head on his shoulder ...He rubbed her hair with his hands gently.

Please Don't cry Geet.

You'll never be alone ,I'll always be there for you.

I'm always there for you ,he repeated ,but her tears were not stopping ,she'll be missing her family very badly.

Soon he took her into his arms to console her.

The remaining day ,they spent time with each other ,finding comfort in each other.

*After 1 year***

She was sitting in her balcony ,it was a perfect  summer evening ,it wasn't too hot ,cool breeze was blowing touching her cheeks ,she sat there while listening to her favourite songs.

She looked besides her , she looked at the clock.

He is still not here, might be busy.

She was badly missing him.

The moment she closed her eyes in disappointment she felt his hands on her waist .

Maan ,she turned back in excitement.

He gave a peck on her cheek .

Aaah...Maan I was missing you badly.

Me too ,so how was your conference today ,he asked while kissing her neck .

It was very good.

Oh wow ,so treat to banta hai na...he smiled at her naughtily.

Accha?? I dunno why you love treat this badly ,even during the college days.

Aaah...because I have such wonderful wife , roz celebrate karne ka mann karta hai.

He again kissed softly on her cheeks .

I'll freshen up and be back in 10 minutes.

He came back after 10 minutes to find his lovely wife  preparing his favourite coffee...he looked at her and smiled.

A lot of things changed in their life , but not the joy of sitting together and sipping their favourite drink . Her head on his shoulder and his hands on her waist forgetting everything and enjoying each other's company.

Sitting beside you and sipping my favorite drink

Hey friends so how was this OS...I don't even know if it's making some sense πŸ˜†

I wrote it while sitting in my balcony ,in a pleasant weather 

there's nothing very big happening in this OS ,it's a very simple OS but still penned it down as it's close to my heart.

Pllsss..plsss do tell me your response ,I'm nervous after writing this weird one shot !!!

Eagerly waiting to read your comments!!!

Edited by World-of-Dreams - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

siyana thumbnail
Awesome os dear
loved it
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
lovely feel good type OS

do write these type of light OS else u would again try to write OS in which maaneet would have different patnersπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
-Crayon- thumbnail
no replies after many views
is it that bad πŸ˜†
-Crayon- thumbnail

Originally posted by: abinash079

lovely feel good type OS

do write these type of light OS else u would again try to write OS in which maaneet would have different patnersπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Lol...but right noe I'm no mood to face your jhootis...so I'll not write those alag partners wala one shots at least for nowπŸ˜†
tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

its simple and awsem
_Jyothi_ thumbnail
wow... awesome os...
loved it very much...
awww maan n geet r soo cute in this...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›
πŸ˜›lovely OS... really enjoyed reading this...😊
thanku god in this OS maneet r one... πŸ˜†
keep writing...😳

Edited by jyothikrish - 12 years ago
ChanandlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
cool one dear πŸ˜Š

just luved it 

it was sso realistic 

gud title 

n a big thanks to u for penning this one and that too  with maaneet together at the end πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ
sona-rai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
MINDBLOWING OS yar loved it a lot πŸ˜ƒ
SONU_29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome os.
Thnx 4 pm.