Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swar_Raj thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
For someone who had no formal training in music, her remarkable talent made it big in the world of Hindi cinema. Anuradha Paudwal was besotted with singing. She would hone her vocal skills by singing along with tapes and especially develop her voice in the technique of playback singing. She had an arranged marriage with music director Arun Paudwal, assistant to the late S.D Burman. Once when she was bed ridden with pneumonia all she did was to listen to tapes of Lata Mangeshkar and on recovery she realized it was time to take her music seriously. A god gifted singer, she took pointers from several illustrious musicians like Kalyanji- Anandji and her husband. Though she gives most of the credit to her in-laws for having encouraged her to take up singing as a career
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Barnali ji, there is nothing being wrong typecasted as a Bhajan singer but she didn't become famous there too. Anup Jalota is typecasted as a Bhajan singer but that is his genre and he is known only for his Bhajans. I dont evne think he sang for any movies.

Anuradha Paudwal did a mix and match of two things and wasn't very successful there. If she had breaked free from the T-series mould and Gulshan Kumar's camp, I think she would have achieved more success.Especially in the mid 80s and early 90s when her voice would have suited a lot of songs which came then (as i said before, hers and Kumar Sanu's combination was very good).. it was that time Alka Yagnik and Kavita ji cashed on her absence and made their presence felt..

Now, its even hard for her to comeback.. the time when Alka and Kavita ji themselves are almost at the retirement level with Alisha and Mahalaxmi Iyer becoming the old timers and Shreya and Sunidhi catching on the new reigns of Indian Cinema.. its a loss that we didnt get to hear AP's best work..
Qwest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Which songs did AP sing in Abhiman, Kalicharan, Desh Pardes and Laila Majnu?

BTW, Utsav was released in 1981 and not in 1985.

Thanks for that correction. After you point out I looked up different places have different information. Thanks again abhijit_shukla.
Dancnballa23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I love her song from Saajan (I think it's that movie) "Bohot Pyar Karte Hain Tumko Sanam" a classic 😉 , she sounded so nice....
advil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think she sang for Dil hain ki maanta nahin too. The songs were quite nice.I think as i mentioned earlier,she really had to struggle to get a break..because those day Female Playback was synonymous with Lata Ji and asha ji.When T series took over her musical career,I think she sank further into a whirlpool when singers like Kavita Krishnamurthy,Alga yagnik slowly made their entry.Being Labelled as a Tseries product and her allged association with Gulshan Kumar I do not believe she has much scope outside of T series.

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the article

AP is an talented singer but somehow I never liked her only songs I liked are from Dil Hai ke manata nahin n tum bin..

She became close to Gulshan Kumar of T series and started singing exclusive for him... may be because of that her career did not took off like alka yagnik n KK..

Her duaghter Kavita also tried her luck in singing.. she was a flop...

Hope she will sing more n more
*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Talking about Anuradha..

Does anyone remember or heard of Anuradha's ghazal from a private album --

hum apane ghum ka fasana unhe suna na sake
woh jaa rahe the magar hum unhe bula na sake..

This ghazal is by far the closest that that any song could get to Lata-Madan Mohan combo ghazals. Very intense and it reminds you of Madan Mohan compositions in Lataji's voice. I had first heard this on Bombay Doordarshan many many years back and I was not looking at the screen but for a while I felt Lataji was singing Madanji composition.. it was so close. I never thought any song will even come close to Lata-Mandan ghazals until I heard this one...

If someone finds this song online or if it is downloadable somewhere, can you please point me to it. I tell you, listen to this ghazal and it will remind you of Lata-Madan songs like ruke ruke se kadam ruk ke baar baar chale (Mausam) or betaab dil ki tamanna yehi hai (Haste Zakham) or rashme ulfan ko nibhaye to nibhaye kaise (Dil Ki Raahe) .....

Edited by salilu - 18 years ago
Swar_Raj thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I had one of her with Manher udhas..will dig to see if I find it. Was too good too. and yes in some songs it was hard to tell. Her hum to garib hain...is also hard to tell that it is AP
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: salilu

Talking about Anuradha..

Does anyone remember or heard of Anuradha's gazal from a private album --

hum apane ghum ka fasana unhe suna na sake
woh jaa rahe the magar hum unhe bula na sake..

This gazal is by far the closest that that any song could get to Lata-Madan Mohan combo ghazals. Very intense and it reminds you of Madan Mohan compositions in Lataji's voice. I had first heard this on Bombay Doordarshan many many years back and I was not looking at the screen but for a while I felt Lataji was singing Madanji composition.. it was so close. I never thought any song will even come close to Lata-Mandan ghazals until I heard this one...

If someone finds this song on line or if it is down loadable somewhere, can you please point me to it. I tell you, listen to this ghazal and it will remind you of Lata-Madan songs like ruke ruke se kadam ruk ke baar baar chale (Mausam) or betaab dil ki tamanna yehi hai (Haste Zakham) or rashme ulfan ko nibhaye to nibhaye kaise (Dil Ki Raahe) .....

salilu ji, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I do and you are so right. Also few Ghazal that she sang of Mehdi Hasan Sahab simply great. Thanks for a great post.

Qwest thumbnail

'Love You Hamesha'

Director: Kailash Surendranath
Music: A.R. Rahman
Lyrics: Anand Bakshi

After 'Vishwavidhaata', Rahman once again uses the music from a Tamil movie 'May Maadham' for 'Love You Hamesha'. The maiden venture of ad-film director, Kailash Surendranath, the film stars Akshaye Khanna, Sonali Bendre and Riya Sen. The title number sparkles with Shweta Shetty and Sonu Nigam adding pep to the guitar score.

'Gup chup baatein', (Sadhana Sargam and Hariharan) with Anand Bakshi 's attractive lyrics is a winner. The haunting 'Yaar teri bewafai', by Mahalaxmi Iyer, will remain etched in listeners' memories.

Sonu Nigam takes a swig in 'Botal tod de' and is duly berated by Hema Sardesai for it. 'Sone ka palang', by Ila Arun, Udit Narayan and Kavita Paudwal, is a lively marriage song, though Anuradha Paudwal is preferable to her daughter. Kavita Krishnamurthy excels in the soft number 'Ek ladki thi'.

The songs are vibrant even though the music is not original. Full marks to Rahman and Anand Bakshi.

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago