MAHARAJ Shahaji raje??

namsii231997 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Shahaji raje bhonsle was a jagirdar and held a very important and respectable post but still why is he referred 2 as maharaj.so does it mean dat he was a king before or is just as a sign of respect?.and if shahajiraje was a raja then it wud make shivaji and sambhaji rajkumars rite but none of them r referred to as rajkumar but raje while alost evry1 including adilshah calls shahaji maharajsa or shahji maharaj!why is it so?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i also thought the same..but i think it was out of respect
namsii231997 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aru_86

i also thought the same..but i think it was out of respect

agree wid u!and since they were aristocrats perhaps they 2 might have had rights to be called maharaj.and shahaji was the head of marathas so 4 the marathas he was a maharaj mayb!๐Ÿ˜‰anyways 4 me and i hope most of us shivaji shahji Jijabai or Saibai all r maharaj and maharani even if they actually arent rite now!!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
priyu_friend thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well i too think its out of resprct

Shahaji was prominent in the whole of Hindustan for he had not lost a single battle in his lifetime and had always prevailed no matter what the circumstances. Mughal, Adil, Nizam Sultanates were leaving no stone unturned to get Maharaja Shahaji on their side. When Maharaja Shahaji was serving in the Adilshahi court, he was awarded the title of Farzand (someone placed much higher than a chief commanding an army of 10,000) which was equivalent to the designation of a Prince. Thus, Maharaja Shahaji was highly revered in the Adilshahi court.

to have control on marathas i think it was important to have control on shahaji.
that's why adil shah's mother stopped him from killing shivaji in the darbar in front of all marathas in fear of loosing their support.
namsii231997 thumbnail

Originally posted by: priyu_friend

well i too think its out of resprct

Shahaji was prominent in the whole of Hindustan for he had not lost a single battle in his lifetime and had always prevailed no matter what the circumstances. Mughal, Adil, Nizam Sultanates were leaving no stone unturned to get Maharaja Shahaji on their side. When Maharaja Shahaji was serving in the Adilshahi court, he was awarded the title of Farzand (someone placed much higher than a chief commanding an army of 10,000) which was equivalent to the designation of a Prince. Thus, Maharaja Shahaji was highly revered in the Adilshahi court.

to have control on marathas i think it was important to have control on shahaji.
that's why adil shah's mother stopped him from killing shivaji in the darbar in front of all marathas in fear of loosing their support.

thanks 4 this informative piece of news!