Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

snitchseeker thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: tamannamalik

Tammy why is all your 'you will know what happens' making me nervous. I dont want Abhiya apart again please

Word Count: 0

tamannamalik thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 4

Piya stirred as she heard the digital alarm clock went off. In her sleepy state she slowly retracted herself from Abhay's arms who was holding her protectively and shut off the annoying clock. It was 7 AM and sunlight streamed from the blinds, casting a faint orange color on them. Piya looked over to Abhay who was still sleeping soundly. She knew they had to get up and figure out what had just transpired.
images of the worst day of her life flashed before her eyes...

flashback

"i am not going to marry alina" yelled abhay

"please abhay alina does not have anybody, she has no family and she really loves you. i cannot steal you from her, please marry her" begged piya

"what rubbish are you talking, how can you even think about it, i will never marrry alina never" cried abhay

"abhay dont u want to see alina happy, she is going through a very bad phase, she is grieving for her family. she has lost her dad, mum and brother. she will not be able to live without you. you are her only ray of light." said piya crying.

"piya why dont to understand even if i marry alina i will never be able to love her. i only love you. you will ruin three lives piya, nobody will be happy." said abhay calmly trying to make piya understand.

"i just dont care abut anything abhay, all that matters to me is alina's happiness. you will have to marry her and that is final." said piya almost yelling.

flashback ends

thinking of their argument brought tears in piya's eyes.

"Abhay," whispered Piya, trying to wake him up. All it did was stir him a bit, and he started grabbing anything within his reach into his arms. And that thing was Piya herself. Piya just sighed. This man could even sleep through an earthquake.

She always wondered how it would be like waking up next to Abhay. It had always been a fantasy of hers. And at that moment, any fantasy did not even come close to the real thing. She admired his amazing features, his strong jaw, his long lashes and his amazing lips that could make her lose her mind. If only she could wake up like this everyday. If only things were not so complicated. If only he was hers.

She trailed a finger along his cheek and sighed with contentment. Soon, his eyelids fluttered open and a pair of the most beautiful eyes stared down at her. A smile carved his face. It was not a dream after all.

"Hey," said Abhay.

"Hey," replied Piya. Despite their current state, she had never felt more comfortable.

"Slept well?" asked Abhay.

"Yeah," said Piya. Actually this was the best sleep she had ever had ever since this whole ordeal. She could feel herself relaxed and stress – free. But she did not want Abhay how much at ease she was with him because she knew this could never happen again.

"We should get up," said Piya.

"Can we stay for a while? This is nice," said Abhay, taking Piya deeper into his arms.

"It's already 7, Abhay. You and I have work and I'm sure Alina is sick worried about you," said Piya.

At the mention of Alina, Abhay heaved a long sigh. Then reality came crashing down. He was still a married man, who could not be with the woman he truly loved.

He let go of Piya and sat up against the headboard. Piya knew she had hit a nerve but one of them needed to be real and face reality.

"You know this is wrong, Abhay. This can never happen again," said Piya.

"Why not?" asked Abhay.

"Because you're my best friend's husband! I just slept with my best friend's husband! Do you know how wrong that is?"

"Then we should tell her that we love each other, Piya. We can spare a lot of pain," said Abhay.

"I can't. I can't take away the only person that she has."

"Even if it means being with someone that doesn't love her? You know she could never be happy like that. And I just don't love her. I've been trying to convince myself for the past one year, but I just can't," said Abhay.

"It's better to have someone than none at all," said Piya. She understood too well about being alone.

"Really? Is it better to stop her from moving on, from finding her true love?" said Abhay.

"I don't know, Abhay. I just don't know! Just stay with her. It's the right thing to do," said Piya.

Abhay just sighed. It was useless trying to convince Piya. She can be so hard headed sometimes. Piya wrapped herself with the sheets and headed to the bathroom, leaving a frustrated Abhay. He grabbed his boxers and started to get dressed.

Few minutes later, Piya came out in a silk robe. Abhay was all dressed, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"You should go," said Piya.

"So that's it? You're gonna just pretend like nothing happened?" asked Abhay.

"There's nothing to talk about. It was just us trying to seek comfort to each other. It can never happen again," said Piya.

"Do you truly believe that?" asked Abhay.

"Abhay, I don't wanna talk about this anymore. You have to leave," said Piya. She did not want to talk anymore as she knew Abhay was right.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you when this go bad," said Abhay, looking her in the eyes before he walked out of the door.

Piya ran a hand through her hair. How did they screw this up so bad?

----

Later that night, while Alina was busy doing her assignments, Abhay walked into the bedroom. He was pulling his tie down, looking tired from a day at work.

"Hey, nice to finally see you," said Alina, stopping her work and looked at him.

"I'm sorry, Alina. I fell asleep at work," explained Abhay about his absence from home the other night. He knew that was a lie but he couldn't exactly say he spent the night in bed with her best friend, right?

"You should have at least called. I was worried sick," said Alina.

"I know, and I'm sorry. It won't happen again," said Abhay.

"That's okay. You wanna have something to eat? There are some leftovers," said Alina as Abhay walked into the bathroom.

"No, it's okay. I've had dinner outside," said Abhay.

"Okay, by the way, I talked to Piya today," said Alina. That made Abhay stepped out of the bathroom and looked at her, intrigued.

"What did she want?" asked Abhay, acting as if he was not that interested.

"Nothing, but we're gonna have dinner together at this new restaurant. My treat. I thought it would be nice to spend some time with her. She's going through a hard time," said Alina.

"Oh. Yeah, that's true," said Abhay. He was quite nervous after all that had transpired, he was not sure what might happen.

"You're okay with it, right?" asked Alina.

"Yeah, fine," said Abhay, giving a nod before he entered the bathroom and locked the door behind him. This dinner will be an interesting night.

----

The weekdays went by in a flash and it was the night the three friends will be having dinner together. Abhay sat anxiously at the table as he watched the other patrons enjoy their meals with their friends and family. Piya was not there yet and Alina said she would meet them at the restaurant as she had a late class.

He was just nibbling on the complementary bread when he spotted Piya walking towards him. The sight of her still took his breath away. She wore a simple spaghetti strapped white dress with little flowers on them that just fell a little below the knees. There was nothing eye catching or alluring about the dress but he just could not take his eyes off of her. At the moment he felt she was the sexiest, hottest, most captivating woman he had ever came across.

"Hey," said Piya, giving him a small smile as she took a seat next to him.

"Hey," replied Abhay.

"Where's Alina?" asked Piya.

"She said she'll meet us here. She'll be a little late," said Abhay.

"Oh, okay."

"We should order drinks first," said Abhay, calling the waiter over.

"Ready to order, sir?"

"I'm gonna have an orange juice and apple juice for the lady," said Abhay, not even asking Piya what she wanted. Piya just looked at him, amused.

"Anything else?"

"We're still waiting for another person. We'll call when we're ready. Thanks," said Abhay.

Abhay gave him a smile and looked at Piya as he left. Piya looked at him with an amused smile.

"What?" asked Abhay.

"Did you just order for me without asking me first?"

"You don't want apple juice?"

"That's not the point," said Piya, rolling her eyes. She did want apple juice.

"So you want apple juice. What's the problem then?"

"There's no problem. You just amuse me sometimes," said Piya, smiling at him.

"I just know you," said Abhay.

"More than I'd like to admit," said Piya. Silence fell over them.

"Is this gonna be weird all the time?" asked Piya indicating things between them.

"It doesn't have to. Above everything, we're still friends," said Abhay.

"Yeah, I guess. I miss the days when things weren't this difficult," said Piya.

"Yeah, me too," said Abhay. They stared into each other's eyes with a sad expression. Their gaze was broken by the ringing of Abhay's phone.

"Abhay,"

Piya played with the edge of the napkin as she listened to Abhay's conversation.

"Where are you?" asked Abhay. From the question Piya figured it was Alina.

"Oh, that's fine then. We'll just continue without you," said Abhay.

"Okay, see you later." With that Abhay hung up his phone.

"What's up?" asked Piya.

"It's Alina. She can't make it. She has this last minute study group. Her finals are coming up," said Abhay.

"I guess it's just us."

"If it's okay with you," said Abhay, just wanted to make sure Piya was not feeling weird about being alone with him after everything.

"Yeah, it's fine. We're just gonna have dinner, what's the worst that can happen?"

said Piya.

Abhay just smiled. It was nice to be able to be alone with Piya without fighting or feeling guilty about hiding a secret from Alina. For now they were just two friends enjoying a normal dinner together. Tonight might be a turning point of their relationship.

FantasyFan_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
i think pia shud let abhay tell alina everything. someday she will find out, and then she is gonna break. the further they delay this more diff it will be for alina to move on
snitchseeker thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant once again. Pia is still keen on keeping Alina in dark damn this gal can be stubborn or stupid
seabeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

yeah... abhina ka break up ho jana chahiay ab

Courageous_Leo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Abhay shoul tell Alina n Piya should allow him 2 do so...Poor Alina...Kya yaar...sab kuch ho gaya ..n Piya is still repeating the same dialogues...😆...The last line is crating anxiety...wht abt tht...😉...
Trouble. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
piya should tell evrythin 2 alina
loved it
alicia212 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow great story plz update soon
TISA0711 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Da ff is awesome.jst went through da whole.such a sensitive issue.u r brilliant.
.SmokeySilence. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Another superb update 👏 👏...loved it. Piya is doing wrong by pushing Abhay to stay with Alina and she is also not exactly letting him go. This way everyone will get hurt more... She should let Abhay tell Alina everything. becoz its gonna hurt Alina anyway... sooner or later... loving this SS... thanks for the PM dear 😳