Humsafar SS - Knowing You..Ch 2 uptd on 9.1

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello I am Tintiny - At the moment watching and loving Humsafar,. I also run a forum with my friends called http://alliswell.express-forum.net which primarily a creative writing forum but we have various sections under which you have post your favourite song, recipe, quotes and of course now the hot topic there is Humsafar 😛 Registration is free all you need to do is acknowledge the mail which reaches your email id on registration to get activated. This story I started writing after watching the preview of 15 episode. Here is my version on Ashar getting to know about his daughter ;
++++++
Knowing You - Chapter 1

Batul Khala wobbled through the relatively still empty street'cursing her knees with her heart thumping she walked holding the address in hand, once Khirad had told her it was the tallest tower on that street, Hussain and Co written prominently, she hoped it still is for some years have past since then'a few cars zipped past her, the sun was not very strong yet'Batul Khala stared upwards, yes it was still one of the tallest tower and if not the tallest, having found it, taking a deep breath she looked for a suitable position from where she could keep a watch, hopefully he was in town, hopefully he would come to office and hopefully she would not have to wait for too long'lifting her hands, she muttered a prayer to the almighty, the water has already risen over our heads, you have taken enough tests ..abh rahem karo meri allah abh rahem karo'.saying the prayer, she looked towards the portico making herself prepared to face a test of her lifetime'.

++++++

Ashar Hussain put down the laptop on the desk and plugged it, as he switched it on, he felt for the packet of cigarettes in his pocket with his other hand, his mother already had put smoke detectors in the house making it virtually impossible for him to smoke there, she threatened if he does not quit soon, she will ensure that there is one in his chamber here also'if there is a rule the same should be for all including the Chairman'.Ashar had promised her he will quit but has given no timeline'lighting his first cigarette of the day he dragged the smoke in to fill his lungs'.releasing smoke rings, he watched his mail box filling up as soon as it got connected to the office network'., transferring the cigarette to his left hand he picked up his mouse to start his day, a quick scan through the important mails and then people will start coming in, he comes early because of obvious reasons and lately felt the peace of the first hour when the office was quiet, relatively empty except the peons and canteen staff .

Placing his fingers on the keyboard in order to reply to the queries from one of the big corporate houses whom he was trying to get as a client, he paused to gather his thoughts when a strange voice asked permission from him to enter'..

Being interrupted he looked up to see an old woman standing, the face looked familiar but he could not place it somehow'

Yes he asked cautiously'..

The woman taking that as permission granted , strolled in with somewhat difficulty clearly indicating to the onlooker her bad knees'I am Batul Khala, you may not have recognized me but then

Hearing the name, Ashar immediately froze, clenching his jaws he asked who allowed you in? Making a note to find out who was in duty from the security'

My age has its usage..Batul Khala replied looking into his eyes'anyway I will not take much of your time'came upto his desk'Ashar did not ask her to sit, she too did not make any effort, I don't know how much it will cost but I know whatever its cost might be it will not be sufficient'.she placed a very familiar looking ring on the table, I have been asked to sell this off to get money in return, I was going on the way to a shop owned by a student of mine to get good price but then I know it will not be enough so I decided as a father you too have some responsibility, Khirad may be dead for you but it is time you get to know your daughter'..saying so Batul Khala kept a picture of a little girl on his desk and a file'

Daughter? Whose daughter'Ashar's hand shook as he gripped the burning cigarette '.

In the file everything is given, I see you wear specs now but so do many people, I only hope that the glass of your specs are clear enough to tell you what you want to know'..anyway as I told you I will not take much of your time, I am going down and wait for half an hour in the footpath opposite, if you do not join me after half an hour I will go on my way'Batul Khala picked up the ring only and wobbled out of the chamber, leaving behind a stunned Ashar.

++++++

Khirad corrected the copies sitting next to the window as the soft sun rays bathed her'this was Khirad's favourite corner in the one room apartment she lived. Yes she was in the same city as him but then it was a big enough city to keep her identity under wraps'.when she entered this apartment on the top floor of a rundown building, the apartment owner had said, in any good building in a better locality you would be paying through the nose for a flat like this but then I can only guarantee no leaky ceiling rest you have to manage, rent is also low keep that in mind'.Khirad had sighed, the walls needed a coat of paint, the windows repair, not to speak about leaky taps and jammed pipes but for the last four years she and her daughter called this place their home and have fallen in love with it somewhat, Hareem had covered the walls with her sketches, Khirad had put up the cards presented to her by her students on various occasions, with some bright rugs the place looked decent enough. Khirad had thought she and her daughter would spend the rest of the years peacefully here but then 'man proposes god disposes''.Khirad sighed as she picked up the next copy noting the time, thinking Batul Khala should be back now, she hoped she would get good amount for the ring, money suddenly has become very important in her life but then she can overcome it, uske ghar me der hai, andher nehi'.no her heart did not pinch when today she took out the ring and gave it to Batul Khala who like a true grandmother had come immediately on hearing about Hareem's sickness'..Khirad paused putting down her pen, she glanced at her empty hands, her short nails, her fingers have become much rougher from all the housework she does, no on these hands diamond ring does not look suitable, they were meant for dainty hands'..during her sudden marriage to Ashar, he had put this on as handed over by his mother, they did not have time to buy one, it belonged from family heirloom, rightfully yours too as it belonged to Ashar's paternal grandmother and your maternal grandmother, a grandmother whom Khirad had not seen as her mother got married to a much older man, her professor whom she fell in love while studying under him, the result she had to leave her home, cut all ties for sometime till some years ago, after the death of her grandparents her mother established telephonic relation with her only brother, Baseerat who seemed always very cordial to know his long lost sister once again'..hearing sudden screams of children from the street below, Khirad broke away from her thoughts and leaned to look down '.the children playing cricket on the street were now chasing a big car entering the lane obviously a model not a very common one at these parts of the city'Khirad sat back on her chair shaking her head, it is good to see that innocence still exists somewhere in the world where still children get excited to see big cars, flying kites, gas balloons, unlike the upper middle class or rich household kids'.picking up her pen she corrected the copies when her eyes fell on her ring finger once again, a drop of dew was clinging on it and under the sun rays it was sparkling like a diamond'.Khirad bit her lip, no she does not regret that she let go of her ring, it did not belong to her, it meant not to belong to her, her only sign of marriage, with her thumb she rubbed off the dewdrop, she remembered as Ashar had slipped on the ring somewhat unwillingly, even though she was under the state of duress she shivered as his fingers brushed hers'.when she and Ashar had come closer after some months Ashar wanted to buy her a better ring in modern design but then Khirad was not interested'she had sentimentally become more attached to this ring by then'their wedding ring, carrying the blessings of their forefathers'..the door clicked open'Khirad quickly rubbed her eyes dry'.

Atlast Batul Khala you are back, I was getting worried and was about to call you but since you hate to pickup calls on the road I decided to wait for sometime more'Khirad rubbed her eyes with her dupatta and composed herself quickly'when she realized there was silence 'Oh damn the stairs, Khirad thought always makes Batul Khala breathless'.Batul Khala let me get you a glass of water Khirad turned and froze'.

+++++++++++

Looking forward to your comments :) love Tin
Edited by tintiny - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunny4 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It was awesome...plz continue and do pm me 😊
c85rie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Love it... Wondering how your Asher reacts in the story... Please don't make him a moron like the TV one..
sweetcharms thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
that was lovely...do continue soon😳
naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9
nice continue soon n pls pm me
Barbie3143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow plz update and pm me
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

+++++++++++

Chapter 2

with her dupatta and composed herself quickly…when she realized there was silence …Oh damn the stairs, Khirad thought always makes Batul Khala breathless….Batul Khala let me get you a glass of water Khirad turned and froze….
+++++++++++
He was standing with his hands in his pockets watching the place with a look of disdain, from ceiling to the floor his nose was already curled, no she did not have any problem in recognizing him despite his specs, involuntarily she covered her head with her dupatta like the way she would do in front of an unknown man but then it felt so long ago that she was married to him….she looked past him to see Batul Khala's dupatta peeping out from behind the door…Khirad clenched her jaws, once again I have been sold it seems she thought, once by my own mother and now khala too….
Where is she ? suddenly he took notice of her it seemed….Anger rushed through her veins, keeping her voice under control, her face turned away from him she asked …She who?
Ha…Hareem…he hesitated a bit and then said I understand that you claim I have a daughter…..
Khirad turned sharply towards him, her dupatta was slipping, pulling it firmly over her head …she said in a rude voice, I don't remember laying my claim to you but since you have chosen to come to my house…yes unfortunately you are the biological father of my daughter as the relationship which we had shared was hardly platonic…..
Ashar was startled to hear Khirad's voice, he had never known her to be rude, yes at times she used to get upset with him and his long hours at office but that meant she would stop talking but never ever rude…..She was born on the 7th month I am told…Ashar walked peeping into to other room just to see what it was ….
I am thankful to my god that she was atleast born alive for the way I was left to die on the roads…I think atleast somewhere I have done something good….
Ashar did not reply instead studied the sketches on the wall swinging up and down on his feet…..
Khirad wondered how long will he take to come to the point…
What is wrong with her? He asked as he walked along the wall…his voice was still impersonal….just then the door opened a bit more and a little girl entered, Ammmiii…seeing Ashar….she asked….
Hello do I know you?
Ashar turned sharply to see a little girl with two pigtails looking upto him…he became speechless for few seconds and then sitting on his knees to somewhat match her height…..I am Ashar Hussain he replied involuntarily not blinking for a second…..
Hello Mr Hussain, I am Hareem Hussain….nice to meet you, like any children who have been taught to greet guests at home, Hareem put forward her hand for a shake….
Nice to meet you too Ashar's voice sounded dazed, her small palm lost in his big one…his eyes pricked, he closed them bending his head to hide it from her and kissed her palm as a coverup….Hareem giggled, no man in the past had done something like this before except her mother when she told her fairytales….
Raising his head, looking into her eyes, he smiled, Khirad will you not introduce us properly he asked momentarily letting his guard down and forgetting his anger…..
Beta Hareem apne papa ko adaab bolo…Batul Khala said instead….Ashar turned sharply to see Khirad was not in the room….
Mere Papa Batul Khala….mera bhi koi Papa hai…Hareem sounded surprised…..
Ha hai na….Batul Khala reiterated….
Every child has a father beta….Ashar tapped her head lightly…..
Toh aap Allah ho? Hareem squinted her eyes at him to have a better look…
Nehi beta mera naam Ashar hai….
No my ammi said 'allah' is my father, he stays up in the sky and is a very busy man solving many many problems…
What the heck, Ashar ….Where is she…He asked Batul Khala, already his temper rising…
Beta her wounds are raw……
If you want my help, I think you better realize that she has to cooperate with me….Ashar growled….
Beta…as I told you Khirad did not know about my visit to you…so she is upset….I mean her ego has been hurt….
Batul Khala you must realize I have not come here to nurse egos but to see for myself the truth….
The truth is in front of you …what more truth do you want?
Ashar stopped glancing back at Hareem he noticed she was observing them closely as if trying to understand what is going on…..
Are you by chance angry with my ammi? She asked in a cautious voice…Ashar did not miss that…mother and daughter must be very close he thought…as he picked up Hareem in his arms he felt a peculiar thrill running through his body….
Nehi beta, I am angry with myself….I am sorry I did not get to know you before…
Hareem became stiff in his arms, put me down, I am big girl, too heavy for you to carry….she said…Ashar could not help himself and laughed aloud putting her down….
Hareeem a kid called from the next door, come the show has started….
Ok me going my favourite cartoon has started…Hareem darted past them to the neighbours….
She does not look sick Ashar commented watching her running…
She is and you have seen the reports yourself…Batul Khala commented flatly….
Yes I have but Khala she looks perfectly alright to me…Ashar insisted…
Listen Ashar Hussain if you are thinking we are using a child's sickness to get your attention, well we are not…it is just too painful to see a child suffer aur khuda na kare if something serious happens to that poor child kuch ulta seedha ho jaye toh then how will Khirad survive….
I don't care how will she survive but then I will do my best for the child….not because she might be my child but my company does help many such causes…..with long strides Ashar walked out of the flat without paying attention to Batul Khala's wails whether he has a heart at all….
++++++++
As his driver started the car, Ashar realized fortunately his driver was relatively new, joined after Khirad had left…hopefully he will not realize what is going on yet…he looked out of the window to notice it was one of the older localities of the city which was once a happening neighbourhood during colonization but now the city has grown, the business centre has shifted to newer localities hence this place has lost its former glory, through the dark glasses he scanned the locality to see Khirad with her usual scarf around her head coming out of a medicine shop, her face serious, her head bowed, just the way she walked….Well Ashar Hussain you have learnt your lesson, don't get carried away with the innocent looks, they are not worth it, despite of himself Ashar glanced back to see Khirad was watching the departing car, he could not read her face but she looked stiff and then suddenly turned walking fast towards her home….
+++++++++++
As he got up from the pool, his mobile started to ring, Ashar leaped to pick it up only to see it was Sara on the other side, he contemplated to take it or not to answer it but the Sara was girl who did not give up easily….
Sara I am busy…I am expecting an important call….he spoke on the phone not waiting to hear what she had to say on the other side….
What the heck Ashar I am ready for dinner we were supposed to go together and you did not have the courtesy to inform me earlier?
Ashar rubbed his forehead…the mistake was his no doubt but then today has been an extraordinary day…
Sara I am sorry … it slipped my mind….I think I will just send Ammi over to accompany you….
Ashar it is not fair….what has gotten you, you were missing from the office since morning and I heard there was an old lady visiting you and you left with her….who was she, what was the emergency…..
Sara I have…I mean my…..Ashar closed his eyes to recollect his thoughts….
Ashar….Ashar….
Sara as I have already told you I am expecting an important call….let me ask Ammi to accompany you to the party, after all as one of the directors of the company, she can very well represent me…Ashar disconnected the phone without waiting for Sara to speak further….dialing his mother promptly to convey what he has told Sara….
Beta I will go since you are asking me and I also because I enjoy Sara's company but beta what is wrong with you, abh ghar me hote huye bhi you are speaking to me on phone and then you are also avoiding business dinners, atleast these you had been attending once committed….
Ashar looked up to see his mother standing at the window and watching him, already looking very tensed….
I am fine ammi, I am facing…I mean I am waiting for an important call….nothing to be worried about it though….
Are you sure….
Hmmm ekdum…..
Fareeda disconnected the phone but did not move away from the window immediately, Ashar gave her a half hearted wave before picking up his towel, wrapping it around to sit on the lounger….what is wrong with me I could not tell my own people that I am a father, I have a daughter who is sick…knowing them he knew they would want good proofs to accept Hareem, he had also decided to ask for a DNA report from Khirad, only blood report will not suffice but after seeing Hareem, picking her in his arms his heart somewhat melted….
++++++++++++
228398 thumbnail
that was really good, can;t wait for more👍🏼