Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brownbarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanks a lot for the info preeti...i think its time to stop the same talk shalk all the timee..
monicaaaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx for the picture mariam, there grreat 😊
Tansha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
me n moni decided tht we hsud have da caption contest n moni will announce it 😛

Tansha
monicaaaaa thumbnail
thats grreat. cant wait to see what the picture is 😊
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
*Ouch* guys we got a modz warning... sorry havent been visiting for the last few days, been busy with other stuff..

Alrighty.. caption contest... cmon lets jus get it started... can only the official ppl give a pic? or can we members also stick up some pics for u guys to write a caption to?

Alsooo..thanks everyone for posting up articles n pics!
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ok this a good sum up article abt Jay Sean.. n i kno no one else has posted it yet ova here.. so here u go 😊

Jay Sean, (born Kamaljit Jhooti on March 26, 1979 in Southall, London, United Kingdom; Punjabi: ?????? ?????, kamaljt jhut) is a British Asian Sikh R&B singer.

Jay Sean's real name is Kamaljit Jhooti. Jay Sean is a stage name that he adapted from a name that his family affectionately called him. However, this anglicisation has been criticised by many Punjabi youths, for the plain reason of him not being proud of his Punjabi origins and undertaking bollywood flavour, rather than bhangra.

He grew up in Hounslow, which is located near the world famous London Heathrow International Airport, which is west of London. He is a follower of Sikhism.

Jhooti started his hobby of rapping at the age of 14, in a hip hop duo called "Compulsive Disorder" with his cousin Pritpal Ruprai. He went by the name MC Nicky J and Pritpal went by the name MC DNA. "Compulsive Disorder" later gained the attention of local radio station DJs.

Jhooti went to a private boys school, called Latymer Upper School, in Hammersmith, West London. He was seemingly relatively high-placed in his class with ten grade A's at GCSE and 4 A level's that won him a place at St. Bartholomews & The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry to train as a doctor. Two years later Jhooti secured a record deal and dropped out to follow his childhood passion of music.

Musical Career
"One Minute" was the first full track Jhooti had written himself. It was passed on by a friend, who passed it on too other friends, and it eventually landed in the hands of British Asian Music Producer Rishi Rich. After hearing the demo, Rishi Rich asked Jhooti to come to the studio, and got him to do an impromtu performance in front of his managers, 2Point9 management.

After he dropped out of studying medicine at Barts & The London School of Medicine and Dentistry in East London where he had been for two years, Jhooti together with Music producer, Rishi Rich and Punjabi Singer, Juggy D during the summer of 2003, started to work on material.

As Jhooti had gotten deeper into the music industry, he had expressed his love for R&B Music. The biggest year for Jhooti's career had to be 2004, when his debut album charted in the Top 30 for one week, while his first two singles managed to break the Top 10. Jhooti was introduced into the musical scene with hits like "Dance With You" (Nachna Tere Naal), "Eyes On You" and "Stolen". Jhooti has now completed the follow up to his Rishi Rich produced debut album "Me Against Myself", and it will soon be ready for release. In February 2006, he was released from his contract with Virgin Records due to a disagreement with his label. This delayed the release of his new album. However his musical career is far from over as his current label, 2.9, is ready to progress with his new album.

Discography

Albums
"Me Against Myself" (2004) #29 UK (Relentless/Virgin Records)

Singles
"Dance with You" (Nachna Tere Naal) (2003) #12 UK (Relentless/Virgin Records)
"Eyes on You" (2004) #6 UK (Relentless/Virgin Records)
"Stolen" (2004) #4 UK (Relentless/Virgin Records)

Guest appearances
Kya Kool Hai Hum (Indian movie) (2005)

Awards
UK Asian Music Awards (AMAs)
2005: Best Album ("Me Against Myself")
2005: Best Urban Act
2005: Best Video ("Stolen")
Channel U Best of British Awards
2005: Channel U Best Of British Award
monicaaaaa thumbnail
thanx for the article luvneet 😊
brownbarbie thumbnail
thanks for the article luvneet 😳
brownbarbie thumbnail
okie dokie guyss

here are some more pics..and after these i will post the anouncement about the caption contest 😛

cheersss

Luv Moni
monicaaaaa thumbnail
thanx for the pics moni. 😃 are these recent pictures of him?