innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

whenever i come to this site, i go directly to the list of current topics for the astitva forums.

now, i know that in this list, whenever there has a been a posting since my last visit, the envelope on the left most column is darker. I also know that if i want to then go to the last posting for that topic, then i can click on (or open in a new window but right-clicking) the small blue circle icon with a small white triangle on it. But this only takes me to the very last posting of that topic.

ok, now, my question is this: how can I go directly to the first new post in a topic since my last visit? I know there are other bulletin boards site which seem to use the same software as this, and they have that facility. Any idea whether it can be done here? perhaps the mods can do some tweaking in the settings? if it can be done, PLEASE do it.

Many many thanks in advance...

Edited by innocentindian - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hi Innocentindian

I have passed on your request to Vijay....He will probably reply to you in a day or two...Anyway, thanks for coming out with this idea....

Sree

innocentindian thumbnail

hi sree

many thanks ....

as i say, i have seen it done on other bulletin board sites... however, the only caveat may be that on this site, they may only be able to do it in relation to all forums, whereas i'm only interested in astitva forums... anyway, hopefully it can be done somehow...

cheers

innocentindian thumbnail

hi sree ...

any idea whether vijay has had a chance to look into this yet?

cheers

vijay thumbnail

This will be taken care of soon.

Cheers,

Vijay

innocentindian thumbnail

just wondered if any more update to this...

innocentindian thumbnail

heya

just wondered if there was any further update to this - I'm sure you've got lots to do and can understand this isn't a priority - so just a gentle jolt reminder .... hope you don't mind....in your own good time...

vijay thumbnail

Hi Friend,

I tried this out but was not able to tweak it. I know the suggestion you gave is a nice one and I also wish we have this.

But that would mean we have to draw each forum topic based on Cookies and sometimes cookies gets corrupted and would make the forum unfunctional.

I am keeping this in my Wish list and would work on it. No time frame available at the moment.

Cheers
Vijay

innocentindian thumbnail
many thanks for trying anyway vijay....