mitila thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

i am an ardrent fan of astitva but i think this 20 year leap is not really helping the serial. one of the most cojent and interesting serials is turning out to be like a ekta kapoor serial....(gautam comes back to tulasi ,likewise aastha after getting lost is goin to come back to simran)

the grown up aastha (gudiya) is irritating and all the other impt characters in the serial are missing. and abhi seems to be running away all the time. cant he stay and explain his stand to the family instead of always making his family wait for him .

i am not really happy with the way the serial is shaping up... what do you guys say?i liked the older astitva.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I completely agree, Mitila.

When I first heard about the 20-year leap, despite my misgivings, I thought wait-and-watch would be the best option... I did not know then that they planned to keep a suspense around Abhi and Aastha😕 and show Simran's (incomprehensible!) undying love for Abhi .... and now with more murders on hand I'm wondering if I'm watching a thriller or a serial about a woman's journey through life..

To be honest, I watched the serial only for Simran - and because it was one of the most grounded and interesting serials on Zee. The post-leap Astitva has turned into something for teeny-boppers .. not for me .. Simran's life seems diluted somewhere in the cacophony of the other characters. This is not really what I wanted to watch😕😕😕

As for these other characters, the less said the better😒!!! Gudiya's expressions leave me cold, Sid constantly furrowing his eyebrows is aggravating. Should these amateur kids who have so little practical knowledge of acting have been forced down our throats in Zee's critically-acclaimed flagship serial?? I think it is a sorry error of judgement on the part of the director🤢
tiddles thumbnail
I think to be fair we need to give this some time for the story to develop..
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

must admit, i'm enjoying it so far.... was really p***ed off about the way that there was NOT a happy "ending" leading up to the leap, and astha being lost etc (hated all that), but the way the serial is going now, i think its alright. I like yuvika, and sid although his acting is still a bit wooden - but can live with it. They've both fitted into the serial and their roles well enough for me.

essar1026 thumbnail

Sid as a kid was not a expressive kid. It is only natural that the older Sid be the same, right? ;-😉

But jokes apart, we need to give this story time to develop. Astha will continue to be irritating; we have to live with that. I think things will start picking up once Radhaji, sia, Abhi come back into the picture.

jingle thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i think the story will become interesting after abhi and real astha give an entry to the serial
jprasad thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: queenbee

I completely agree, Mitila.

When I first heard about the 20-year leap, despite my misgivings, I
thought wait-and-watch would be the best option... I did not know then
that they planned to keep a suspense around Abhi and Aastha😕
and show Simran's (incomprehensible!) undying love for Abhi .... and
now with more murders on hand I'm wondering if I'm watching a thriller
or a serial about a woman's journey through life..

To be honest, I watched the serial only for Simran - and because it was
one of the most grounded and interesting serials on Zee. The post-leap
Astitva has turned into something for teeny-boppers .. not for me ..
Simran's life seems diluted somewhere in the cacophony of the other
characters. This is not really what I wanted to watch😕😕😕

As for these other characters, the less said the better😒!!! Gudiya's
expressions leave me cold,
Sid constantly furrowing his eyebrows is aggravating. Should these
amateur kids who have so little practical knowledge of acting have been
forced down our throats in Zee's critically-acclaimed flagship serial??
I think it is a sorry error of judgement on the part of the director🤢

wherever you post Queenbee, I know that I can read your post or
comment and be amused.
AALIYAH786 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I loved watched Astitva about a year ago, but now i only watch when i am infront of Tv doing nothing, once a month or so

EKTA KAPOOR SERIALS IS FAR BETTER THAN AJAI SINHA'S

HE SHOULD GO BACK TO SCOOL

soniki thumbnail
I think we should wait and see and no way are ekta's serials better unless of course u live in a dream world!!
kiran1 thumbnail
I think Astitva was better when it started. It has definitely taken a leap, ahead and downwards!!! 😉