Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

ART IMITATING LIFE: Varun Badola's look as Abhimanyu in
Astitva — Ek Prem Kahani
Varun Badola has always been glad to be grey, when the role demands, for the small screen.

In the weekly Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand on Star Plus, he returned to play the aging Dev along with the white hair, unlike most stars who shun those silver streaks post the generation leap.

Now, as Abhimanyu in the Zee daily Astitva — Ek Prem Kahani, he sports another distinct look. Badola sees this "as a challenge to essay the role as the character demands."

Astitva, which took an age leap last month, will have Abhi (as he is called in the soap) back next week. His entry is slated to be in the April 11 episode.

Says producer-director Ajai Sinha, about Abhi's appearance post the leap, "I wanted him to be styled on the lines of someone I knew.

And after looking at various people, I turned to the channel itself. I modelled him on the lines of Vishnu Patel, the former programming head of Zee!"

Interestingly, it also makes it the first soap to have a character modelled on the looks of a channel head.

Abhi will be shown as a writer who is based abroad and will return to the scene. Prior to that, there will be a twist when an impersonator pretending to be Abhi shows up.

"There will also be a thriller element when Divya (Lovleen Walia), who people feel is Dr Simran's daughter, is found murdered," informs Sinha.

Astitva's next generation includes Sonu (Abbas Khan) who is Dr Manas's (Harsh Chaya) son, and Yuvika Chaudhary who plays Simran's adopted daughter Aastha. Astitva, which has been on Zee for over two-and a half years, revolves around the life and loves of its main protagonist, Dr Simran.

How Abhi got his look

Astitva's producer-director Ajai Sinha took time to decide over Abhi's look post the generation leap, as Varun Badola was open to experimentation

Sinha wanted to model him around someone he had known over the years

He zeroed in on good friend Vishnu Patel, who incidentally was the high-profile programming head of Zee a few years ago

Patel was asked to send in his pictures

The make-up folk gave Abhi the Vishnu Patel look — a salt and pepper beard with silver steaks on the head

The net result is that this look will make channel folk wonder— is Vishnu Patel back on the hot seat on Zee?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanx 4 the info barbie!!!!!!!!
queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for the article, Barbie! The real fireworks are starting now😊
principessa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks for the info and the picture.. I haven't seen the promos yet, and wonderend how Abhi would look.. 😊

But, why are they going to kill divya!! 😕

saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hey thanx for the article barbie