Abhi- always on a guilt trip

Khwaab thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Abhi's charecter is actually interesting.... yeah...he's taking his time to mature....but then... this usually happens to guys who fall fer older wimmin....

Since the very beginning.... Abhi's charecter has just been 'growing up'...his life is nothing but ' late realisations'....he's always too late....poor guy....

I actually feel sorry fer him.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khwaab

Abhi's charecter is actually interesting.... yeah...he's taking his time to mature....but then... this usually happens to guys who fall fer older wimmin....

Since the very beginning.... Abhi's charecter has just been 'growing up'...his life is nothing but ' late realisations'....he's always too late....poor guy....

I actually feel sorry fer him.....

Do you mean, men who fall for older women take LONGER to mature?!

Isn't that a bit of a generalization? πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Khwaab thumbnail
no...i didnt mean they take longer to mature... i mean that older women are already mature... and to match their level of maturity... the much younger guy has to mature... come up to their level of intellect....esp if the woman is intelligent, indepentent and has her own opinion of life and pple....this is one place where our young loverboy's ego wont be happy.
queenbee thumbnail
I beg to differ... I don't feel sorry for Abhi at all. I've seen 20-somethings who bravely shoulder and actually ask for responsibility, and 40-somethings who behave like they're in their second childhood, completely and hedonistically self-absorbed. Wisdom does not necessarily follow age. Who's to say that, given the same circumstances, a man approximately the same age as Simran would have been faithful to her?

I wouldn't judge a man specifically by his one act (or propensity, or whateverπŸ˜‰) of falling for an older woman. There has be a level of maturity and level-headedness to keep a relationship between any two people strong. Abhi lacked these finer, basic qualities from the very beginning, as he put himself and his own desires above everything else. He wanted the romantic and ethereal quality of their love to last forever, not realizing that you have to take some pains too, to make a marriage work. He was afraid of fatherhood stealing away his youth - but I've seen quite a few male friends of mine in their mid-20's who are crazy about their kids. He allowed his manipulative partner to seduce him - knowing fully well the relationship would never progress anywhere - only because he wasn't able to consummate his relationship with a hugely pregnant wife. How selfish and pleasure-seeking is THATπŸ˜•!!!!!

I still believe that Abhi had a lot of growing up to do, before he was ready for a relationship - ANY relationship. Could've been with a younger woman as well. Basic traits don't change.
Khwaab thumbnail
well... atleast we agree that he's immature.... that's what i was saying all along!..u just put in many more words....lolπŸ˜†
queenbee thumbnail

well... atleast we agree that he's immature.... that's what i was saying all along!..u just put in many more words....lolπŸ˜†

Is that so?😊

Now why would anyone feel sorry for someone like that?πŸ˜•
shock thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
abhi will still mature more but instead of him living in guilt about neha he had responsibilities and he had a chance to marry simran but the idiot ditched her on her wedding day.
Khwaab thumbnail

I just feel sorry for him ..period!.....😳

U want more details?....coz he's actually a nice human being( u can tell what he thinks(which is always good) by the articals he writes... by the 'award-wining' books he is writing).... he ends up hurting pple without knowing it...without realising it...he doesnt mean to do it...and unfortunately... when he does realise it.... it's too late...thats why i feel sorry for him...he's like a kid desperately trying his best to grow up......like... that scene wen he is being awarded....and Simran is called to give away the prize....how he hugs her... it's so childlike!....

And'shock' is right.... he is still maturing.....and again... without realising... he let guilt take the better of him...and Oops...there we go again...πŸ˜”

Khwaab thumbnail

I I've seen 20-somethings who bravely shoulder and actually ask for responsibility, and 40-somethings who behave like they're in their second childhood, completely and hedonistically self-absorbed.

Why are u comparing Abhi to your responsible male friends?.....We are discussing him as an indivisual

Edited by Khwaab - 19 years ago
queenbee thumbnail
It would be nice if you could address me a little less pointedly:

I just feel sorry for him ..period!.....😳 U want more details?

Why are u comparing Abhi to your responsible male friends?

because when you invite a discussion saying you feel sorry for Abhi, I think it's perfectly logical to expect others to agree or disagree with you. I disagree, but I also respect your opinion and I'll be thankful if you respect mine.

Why are u comparing Abhi to your responsible male friends?.....We are discussing him as an indivisual

I am certainly not comparing Abhi to my other 'responsible male friends'. The point I am trying to make is self-evident if you read the entire first paragraph as a whole, namely, that Wisdom does not necessarily follow age.

coz he's actually a nice human being( u can tell what he thinks(which is always good) by the articals he writes... by the 'award-wining' books he is writing).... he ends up hurting pple without knowing it...without realising it...he doesnt mean to do it...and unfortunately... when he does realise it.... it's too late...thats why i feel sorry for him...he's like a kid desperately trying his best to grow up......like... that scene wen he is being awarded....and Simran is called to give away the prize....how he hugs her... it's so childlike!....

And'shock' is right.... he is still maturing.....and again... without realising... he let guilt take the better of him...and Oops...there we go again...πŸ˜”

Abhi was having a rollicking affair with his partner while being married to his wife, who was expecting their first child. Try as I might, I can't believe that Abhi did not know how much his infidelity would hurt his wife. It was not even a one-night-stand which women sometimes tend to forgive or overlook. He had been lying to Simran about his whereabouts, inviting his girlfriend over to the home he shared with his wife, even making love to her on their marital bed. He was fully aware of what he was doing and the need to keep it secret so that Simran does not dump him.

It's very strange that he feels guiltier about deceiving dead people than he feels about deceiving the living. To make amends to a dead Neha for cheating her out of the love she rightfully deserved as his wife, he cheated Simran out of their only chance to make a solid life for themselves, and he cheated his daughter out of a father's love. The hard part about trying to attain forgiveness from the dead is that you can never know if you've got it - well hey cos they're in heavenπŸ˜•πŸ˜‰!!

In other words, Abhi was trying to atone for his bad karma by creating further bad karma ... trying to appease the dead by shunning the living. Should Simran forgive his 'lack of self-realization' as just another impulsive act just because he is basically a good human being? I believe 99.9% of human beings are basically good people. But, as someone rightly said - Far more than our abilities, it is our choices who determine who we really are. I agree a hundred percent!