sangeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 years ago

Komal's Day Out!

Komal, the child actor in TV serial Aastha, must be one of the youngest earning members in the country.

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/komal_aastha.asp

Smile! The baby is on screen! Actors extraordinaire at a tender age, the baby wonders compete with their older counterparts, emoting with ease, holding the audience to rapt attention. Introducing Komal -- or you may know her better -- Aastha from TV series Astitiva-Ek Prem Kahani.

Komal's debut was when she was barely a month-and-half old. Now, she is all of one-and-half years and spends nearly 12 hours on the sets on shooting days.

Komal is so attuned to her role that she responds only to the screen name of 'Aastha' and calls Simran (Nikki Aneja Walia) as her 'mom'. So, even her real mother has rechristened her after after her screen name.

Acting doesn't come cheap, mind you. Komal earns a handsome Rs 700 everyday. She works hard on the sets and has become part of the continuity of serial production. She never has to repeat a shot over three times.

Loved by the entire crew and the stars, the starlet mixes well with everyone. Mother Neela gets her ready and waits for the director's instructions. A well-earned rest is usually short-lived and the gaps in between go into preparing for the next sequence. This seems to have taken a toll on Komal, for though plump in the first half of the series, she has lost weight now.

But babies are babies. Komal enjoys playing with the toys, and wears the beautiful clothes provided to her for her part. Neela feels a little lost on the sets since she has little control over her wonder baby on the sets. But she is the proud mother of an earning member of the family, and makes it a point to save for her future.

There have been famous child artistes who made it to the pinnacle, the likes of Madhubala. She had ten siblings. Her reason to work – to feed the family. She bowed to the pressure of her parents.

In this day and age, being an actor is every child's fantasy or their parents'. They would certainly like their children making it big where Shah Rukhs and Hritiks rule.

We hope Komal remembers that one day she was a child actor, for many have fallen on the way side when the final roll is called. We wish her the best now and for the future.

BY HARPREET KAUR

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/komal_aastha.asp

Edited by sangeeta - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing , 😃
Edited by scorpio_pk - 19 years ago
simran0493 thumbnail
Does anybody think Astha looks like Shaguna?
scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No, I dont think so, but I think Gurrya (when newborn) looks like Aastha (Komal). May be they both r real sisters.. 😕
queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That's a very nice article! Thanks for posting, Sangeeta!😃
monicab thumbnail

Originally posted by: simran0493

Does anybody think Astha looks like Shaguna?

Ya, i think she looks very much like Shaguna and at a time i even thought that maybe she's her daughter! 😊

Thanks for the article! Astha's really CUTE!!!!
ejaz4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I love her phots, thanks for sharing. CUTE!

------------------------------------------------------

shiverz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the article!!😃