I am bored of MIILEE-Mona Wasu

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Mona Wasu

You refused to renew your contract with Star Plus. Is it true?

I am contract-bound for a year with the channel and the contract explicitly mentions that I have the choice to not renew it if I don't wish to, provided, I notify the required people three months in advance. So, I expressed my intentions in December, stating that I don't want to shoot beyond April. Since they wanted some more time from me, I agreed to shoot till May-end.

Why did you refuse?

It was a personal choice. Playing the same character has become monotonous for me as an actor and I am bored of playing Miilee. I had no life beyond Miilee. I was required to shoot almost 30 days a month. That left me with very little time for myself. I want to grow as a professional and cannot do one show for one channel all the time? In the first place, I did not come to Mumbai to act in TV. I want to act in films.

Will your exit seal the fate of the show?

I don't know what the producers and the channel will decide. Frankly, I don't see why a replacement cannot be arranged. It is not completely impossible. Either, I could be replaced, or my track could be changed. I also want to mention that we are parting on amicable terms. There is absolutely no dispute. Despite my putting my papers in, our relations are cordial.

Where do you go from here?

I have decided not to do TV for some time. It is not that the idiot box is a strict no-no. But I want to do films, and try my hand at theatre. I am very young and have the time to explore the industry.

Successful TV actors can rarely move away from the industry. For example, Kulraaj Randhawa, Nausheen Ali Sardar, Sonal Sehgal. How optimistic are you of being able to make the move?

Though TV gives an actor an identity, the disadvantage is that it typecasts him or her. And it takes years to break the mould. Working hard is in my hands, and that I will do. The least I can do is try.

Is marriage with Jeetu Savlani on the cards?

Right now, work is my priority. Marriage will come later.

Will you miss Miilee?

I have spent long hours with the actors of Miilee. I will surely miss them.

* I had no life beyond Miilee. I would be required to shoot almost 30 days a month. That left me with very little time for myselfโ€” Mona Wasu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neha2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the info. its ashame that monu will leave! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
Irish_Pride thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I ALREADY READ IT........BUT T4P ๐Ÿ˜Š
orms thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am bored of Milee too! ๐Ÿ˜•
DMGlover12 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i ambored cuz is rahoal are not her thanks for the info
kbakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
COLOR=BLUE]thanks for sharing. In any case it is getting boring show. How bad a father may be, he cannot be so stupid and bad with his innocent hardworking daughter. Mr. Vishal's character is useless. Where are good characters such as Dadi, Ramona, Raual,servants and the driver. Only the worst characters are left on the show. Oni is very boring. This show is making kids scare to go to college