Ekta fires her writer team

natasshafan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Ekta fires her writer team

Threatens to take three K-serials off air

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Last week Ekta Kapoor lived up to her reputation of being a taskmaster when she took her writer team to task for churning out mediocre fare. She even went a step further, when she threatened to take three of Balaji's shows off air too.

A couple of days back the industry was abuzz with rumours of three Balaji's shows (Kesar and K-Street Pali Hill on Star Plus and Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai on Sony television) going off air. 

The rumour gained momentum and wreaked havoc since this was the first time in the history of television that the country's biggest production house had taken such a decision.

"I knew this information would leak out and reach the entire industry in no time," says Kapoor when contacted.

Apparently, at a meeting she held with her writers, the producer categorically told them to get their act together, as she was not too happy with the way the three K-shows were shaping up. "I cannot handle mediocrity," says Kapoor. "Last week I pulled up my team in the meeting because I wanted them to deliver better results for the shows. My work is very important to me and I can't bear to see anyone not doing full justice to their job. The idea was to scare them. I wasn't serious about taking the three shows off air."

Was the drop in TRP ratings of the shows a possible reason for the production house to hit the panic button? "I don't know who is spreading these baseless rumours. The shows are doing reasonably well and are getting decent TRPs," she argues.

• "I cannot handle mediocrity. I can't bear to see anyone not doing full justice to their job"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

**ayshia** thumbnail
okkkkiez she is soooo over rated!
but thnx anyways 😃
fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thx for the article! 😃 Wot happened to her faith in the 'K' factor..i suspose she cant let her reputation of churning out successful 'K' shows get ruined..but KYPH is doing well! 😕
I dun really care abt the other two..frankly i wud not mind if Kesar got pulled..its been ranking quite low for ages! One thing was gd..her writers got an earful abt thier mediocre storytelling..abt time they realised tht! 😛
3 angels thumbnail
thanks 4 the article 😃 !!
i think eKta 2 is getting bored with her stories now thats y she is firing her writers...

maybe our emails to the balaji made an impact on her 😆 like kavya and anjali are taking centuries to reunite    😆
kitty468 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
may be she really doesnt like sum of the stories, or just frustrated that the tpr r not high enough to her expectations. but i thought KYPH was doing well the story is gud. but abt the other two, i dont know wats happening.
at last! ekta showed sum sense! i think our e-mails did the trick. thanx sana 4 the article! 😊
s_andy thumbnail
Thanx for the article........ 😊