Viva girl Neha Bhasin accuses Anand Raaj

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ex-Viva singer Neha Bhasin claims that music director Anand Raaj Anand has played fowl with her. She is in a very upset state of mind and is feeling 'cheated and deprived' for not been given the due credit of her work. She says that she has recorded the vocals for the song 'Ek Look Ek Look' for the film 'Aryan'. But in the promos and inlays the credit has been given to the co-producer of the film Poonam Khubani.

She has recorded the song for three different occasions and Anand said that he would send it to the producer for approval. Later Neha was informed that her voice has been approved. She received a call from Anand asking her to re-record the song with fresh lyrics. She went ahead and re-dubbed two more lines and Anand said that her voice would be used for the song. Anand afterwards said Neha's manager that he is being pressurized to make the producer's sister Poonam sing the song. Her manager than clarified that he was not to use her voice at all and not to give her any backing vocal credit either. He positively told Anand to give her equal credit if he was using her voice.

After hearing the song Neha says that it is her voice used and the credit has been given to Poonam as a backing vocalist. Neha puts, "The fact that I am sending them a legal notice means that I am convinced that I am in the right. You cannot play with an artiste's career."

Anand Raaj disproves the claim and says that Neha is wrong and she has not sung the lead vocal of the number.