Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642940 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Aliza..

I agree..both Sanam and Fawad deserved those awards. Bushra just got it because her character's popular and Faisal got it because he's just gotta have it ! : / But what was outrageous is that Bol Meri Machli got the best serial..it was nowhere near Dastaan in all aspects. If Daam had won it could be understood but BMM !? 😲 Geo had definitely got to do something with this.

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

First of all, your avis and siggies always get the better of me πŸ˜†
Oh, how could I forget Daam?!! Thanks for reminding me. I loved that serial. Not as much as Dastaan but I thought it was wonderful and its USP was its simplicity. Even I would have been happy if that had won. But Bol meri machli was quite a shocker IMO.
I agree that the popularity of Bushra's character was a contributing factor in her receiving the award. Faisal was good in his role but I still see it as monopoly. What's the harm in a youngster winning an award...that too if he/she is deserving. And in my opinion, Sanam and Fawad were deserving winners based on the depth of their characters and how they carried out their roles with full justice.
As for GEO, I guess it's easy for the channel to stamp its authority because it's huge in comparsion to Hum tv :)
Thanks, Aliza!
Edited by RafAholic - 12 years ago
anitamalik thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I actually started watching Dastaan like a couple of months back- I know I'm late, but better late than never, BUT im extremely unsatisfied knowing what show won :\ Dastaan was a story that really moved the audience to tears and made you realize the sacrifices people have had to take to make Pakistan happen. Dastaan was an incredible attempt to take us into the past with a hint of a romantic tale. It deserved the award IMO.
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anitamalik

I actually started watching Dastaan like a couple of months back- I know I'm late, but better late than never, BUT im extremely unsatisfied knowing what show won :\ Dastaan was a story that really moved the audience to tears and made you realize the sacrifices people have had to take to make Pakistan happen. Dastaan was an incredible attempt to take us into the past with a hint of a romantic tale. It deserved the award IMO.

Nice thoughts :) Although I didn't mention this in my post, I sincerely appreciate how the sensitive issue of partition has been beautifully conveyed to the audience. Indeed it makes you realize about the sacrifices that people have made to create Pakistan and it's something that we don't usually think about.
And I share your sentiments when you say, "Daastan was an incredible attempt to take us into the past with a hint of a romantic tale." Well said πŸ‘
And very nice avi, may I add :D
anitamalik thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
^ I completely agree. We don't take that into consideration a lot. So Dastaan was most deserving in my opinion, it was a drama different from the others. Heck the performances were magnificent- Which is why I'm surprised as to why Sanam Baloch didn't win :\ Even Fawad Khan. The depictions of their characters were really like they were living in that era! It was beyond par! Faisal Qureshi was brilliant in MZZB too no doubt, but I would have picked Fawad over him. But the actress one should have gone to Sanam no doubt. Arghhh -.-

Haha thanks! I love the Avi in your dabba! :D
Hiba282 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I completely agree. Dastaan was hands down an award worthy drama. It was something else. Some thing much bigger n greater. Fawad and Sanam definetly deserved an award for their performances. I would've given sanam an award after watching just the part when bano reaches pakistan...excellent... πŸ‘πŸΌ Not than Bushra ansari or faisal qureshi arent good enough...they r some of the best actors we hav...
but anyways lets forget LSAs, i guess they didnt evn bothered to think about the persomances just chose the actor with the highest reputation😳... lets just hope they dont do this in future...
Thank God i didnt have the misfortune of watching it..it would've drived me nutsss..
i watched 2nd Annual pakistan media awards..now they r a bunch of sensible people... dastaan won a lot of awards... πŸ˜†
rabi05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hiba282

I completely agree. Dastaan was hands down an award worthy drama. It was something else. Some thing much bigger n greater. Fawad and Sanam definetly deserved an award for their performances. I would've given sanam an award after watching just the part when bano reaches pakistan...excellent... πŸ‘πŸΌ Not than Bushra ansari or faisal qureshi arent good enough...they r some of the best actors we hav...

but anyways lets forget LSAs, i guess they didnt evn bothered to think about the persomances just chose the actor with the highest reputation😳... lets just hope they dont do this in future...
Thank God i didnt have the misfortune of watching it..it would've drived me nutsss..
i watched 2nd Annual pakistan media awards..now they r a bunch of sensible people... dastaan won a lot of awards... πŸ˜†

hey, just a question arised in my head...i've been searching all over Pakistan Media Awards, in which Daastaan got maximum awards...but could not find the entire video anywhere...since you mentioned that you've watched it, can u please let me know where can i find or if you can give a link to it, i'll be thankful to you!!!
-Aliza- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rabi05

hey, just a question arised in my head...i've been searching all over Pakistan Media Awards, in which Daastaan got maximum awards...but could not find the entire video anywhere...since you mentioned that you've watched it, can u please let me know where can i find or if you can give a link to it, i'll be thankful to you!!!

here you go hun πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Aliza.. - 12 years ago
rabi05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

thanks! and is there a full award ceremony??
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Faisal is a deserving actor, but compared to Fawad in Dastaan...I think it wasn't much of a deserving position for Faisal here. On the other hand, at least it was Faisal who did actually do a great job in MZZB...warna Humayun ke awards se, I'm fed up -__-
Coming to Sanam Baloch/Bushra Ansari..REALLY!? No offence to any Bushra Ansari fans here...I'm sure all of us have grown up watching her work..but Bano's character was beyond what you can call epic. Forget LSA, we all know the award goes to Sanam for Bano's character. She awakened us, she brought life into us and added life to the show...!
And omg, BMM as the best serial?! Are you kidding me?! Where did Dastaan go...and if it wasn't gonna be it, MZZB could've been it, but BMM, don't even get me started! How did that show even get nominated...
453547 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

you think your angry? My cousin was shouting at the screen, being an obsessive dastaan fan she is, she went crazy when fasial won instead of fawad and about Saima Choudhary, don't even get me started on her. I love her, but to be honest wth? saima choudhary maybe a household name but it doesn't leave an impact like sanam as bano did.

Our industry really needs to grow out of this monopolizing state, first it was humanyun saeed thank god that era is over now - seriously i remember there was a time on every channel i would see his face, not that he is not a good actor he is or atleast was, but come on - we have so much versality of talent in pakistan!
I have to add not being a huge fan of dastaan - the show still deserved the best serial award - bol meri machlee ? wth - where did that show even come from? waste of time!
its a pity to see humtv sidelined. its one of the best channel in pakistan today.

Bushra Ansari is far better than Sanam,period.