seriously yar dastaan deserve lots of appriciation

i m happy atleast PMA(Pakistan Media Awards) done justice with Dastaan
Dastaan won awards almost in every category
ana_kash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: RafAholic

Agreed :)
Dastaan was definitely beyond the usual shows and deserved awards for it. Sadly that wasn't the case. Even I admire Faisal Qureshi and Bushra Ansari as performers but I don't feel that they were deserving winners. I see this as dictatorship of senior artists and GEO tv.
Thanks for posting your views...and I like your Humsafar avi :D

awww thanksss,,,:)
nd no matter what,dastaan will remain in our hearts forever,thts what really matters,& being in the ppl's heart is the best award...:))
Ozymandias thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I certainly agree with what you said about seniors getting special preference. Been happening for years. Happens in Pak cricket too, guess its a Pakistani thing ... unfair.

But Fawad and Sanam in Daastan being the best thing ever ... puhleez. I'm biased against Sanam, so wouldn't comment on her. But Fawad... I like him, alot! But I don't see how his performance was light years ahead of Faisal's. He was good, so was Faisal.

642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: trouble_maker

I certainly agree with what you said about seniors getting special preference. Been happening for years. Happens in Pak cricket too, guess its a Pakistani thing ... unfair.

But Fawad and Sanam in Daastan being the best thing ever ... puhleez. I'm biased against Sanam, so wouldn't comment on her. But Fawad... I like him, alot! But I don't see how his performance was light years ahead of Faisal's. He was good, so was Faisal.

I appreciate your views :)
I never said they are the best thing ever πŸ˜† I hope I didn't because that would be an over the top remark but last time I checked, I never made such a comment :)
I am merely comparing their performance to that of Bushra Ansari and Faisal Qureshi :)
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -tehreem-

Lux style awards are biased man (I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling) but Bol meri machli did not deserve the best serial award at all. Dastaan was epic not only coz of the story but also because of the performances. And tho I love bushra ansari and faisal but no doubt sawad and sanam worked hard for the roles. They were at their best. Isn't these awards supposed to be given to the people who worked hard and not to the people whose winning is kinda custom now πŸ€”

Yes, LSA awards do seem to be biased :) I've been observing the winners lists over the years and it appears to be that way...well to me at least!
Bol meri machli was a good serial but IMO certainly not a deserving winner for Best Serial. That came as a real shock to me!
Thanks for your views :)
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shafaqufaq

agreed to all of you

and i think LSA always make unfair distribution of awards
only they gave 1 award to dastaan for direction only
seriously yar dastaan deserve lots of appriciation

i m happy atleast PMA(Pakistan Media Awards) done justice with Dastaan
Dastaan won awards almost in every category

Oh, yeah! I heard about PMA and very happy that Dastaan was given its dues. Chalo, yeh toh acha huwa πŸ˜† :)
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ana_kash

awww thanksss,,,:)
nd no matter what,dastaan will remain in our hearts forever,thts what really matters,& being in the ppl's heart is the best award...:))

Agreed ji, agreed :D
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
i think Bushra khud bhi was a bit awkward taking the award, she cudve been given pride of performance type ka award, since shes already won many, and the actress award could b given to sanam, but, well, that didnt happen..
no use crying over spilt milk..
atleast Haissam got best director! :D
-Aliza- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I agree..both Sanam and Fawad deserved those awards. Bushra just got it because her character's popular and Faisal got it because he's just gotta have it ! : / But what was outrageous is that Bol Meri Machli got the best serial..it was nowhere near Dastaan in all aspects. If Daam had won it could be understood but BMM !? 😲 Geo had definitely got to do something with this.

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Edited by Aliza.. - 12 years ago
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reenoo.

i think Bushra khud bhi was a bit awkward taking the award, she cudve been given pride of performance type ka award, since shes already won many, and the actress award could b given to sanam, but, well, that didnt happen..

no use crying over spilt milk..
atleast Haissam got best director! :D

Yes, she did seem a bit awkward. Actually, in one of her interviews she said that she was planning to withdraw her name from nominees list but Rubina Ashraf (another senior actress) told her not to. Apparently she told Bushra ji jokingly that it's fun to give takkar to the younger generation πŸ˜† One thing I found odd, this means she knew she will be receiving the award...matlab ke winners ko pehle se pata hota hai. Oh well, not that it's surprising...same thing happens in India also.
Agreed, best director is something at least for the team in general :) I just wanted to give my two cents...Indeed no point crying over spilt milk. But I wanted to share my views and get some feedback, that's all :)