Daastan loses out at LSA. Why?

642940 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay, today I found out that Lux Style Awards gave best actor to Faisal Qureshi (Meri zaat zarra-e-benishan and best actress to Bushra Ansari (Dolly ki aayegi baraat) The two of them are outstanding performers, especially Bushra Ansari, who is considered the female Moin Akhter. However, I was very shocked to know that they were given preference over Fawad Khan and Sanam Baloch (Daastan) They were both nominated in best actor/actress categories respectively. Sorry, but I think Sanam Baloch and Fawad Khan have been robbed of their awards.

Now, some may say that my point of view is biased, as I am their fan. Now, that may be true. But I am not a blind fan and I know very well where to appreciate good work and talent. Bushra Ansari is a living legend. She is an insititution within herself. But on what basis was she given best actress? Is it due to her stature as an actress, or the fact that Saima Chaudhary has become a household name? And Faisal Qureshi is such a powerful actor, he is one of Pakistan's finest actors. But on what basis was he given the award? To me it just seems like a formality. He's a tremendous actor- so just give him the award.

My intention here is not to upset any Bushra Ansari or Faisal Qureshi fans. I have a great deal of respect for them. I've grown up watching Bushra ji's work and I'm a huge fan of Saima Chaudhary, the character. I'm even waiting for the third instalment of the Aayegi baraat series 😆 but hand on heart, I don't think the role deserved an award, at least not over Sanam's portrayal of Bano. Sanam brought Bano to life so beautifully. She conveyed Bano's emotions to perfection and she was so involved within her character, that Sanam Baloch was nowhere to be seen. And on the basis of performance, she outclassed a senior actress like Bushra Ansari.

Same goes for Faisal Qureshi and Fawad Khan. Faisal Qureshi was wonderful in Meri zaat zarre-e benishan and I really liked the serial. But I personally feel that in comparison, Fawad Khan was a notch or two higher. Fawad as Hasan was simply perfect. His expressions and his mannerisms were of an unbelievable level. His voice control, way of delivering dialogues, all done with so much feeling and realness, need I say more?!

I just feel that within Pakistan, there is still a monopoly of senior performers. I am not saying that we should forget the older generation or senior performers, not at all. In fact, we should treasure them and appreciate their work. However, I strongly believe that awards should be FAIR and given solely on the basis of performance. Awards should not be given out to individuals simply because they are senior, which I feel is the case here. But this is not the first time that Lux Style awards have made a blooper. This has become the norm, but still inexcusable.

Sorry for this rant 😆 but I am annoyed, hence this rambling post :) Just to finally add, if the other nominees had performed better, I would have accepted the outcome. But Fawad as Hasan and Sanam as Bano gave memorable performances which I highly doubt shall ever be forgotten. And how tragic that Daastan did not receive best serial, when it was by far the best of the lot. Daastan will go down as a classic. It's a pity that Lux Style awards chose to sideline a poetic serial and two deserving performers that gave their heart and soul to the show.

If you read this, hope you didn't fall asleep 😆

Peace to all,

Aaliya :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I know, it wasn't fair.. Sanam and Fawad deserved it! I'm just happy that at-least Faisal got it, otherwise Humayun get's it every year, for sleeping through performances... Andd why does Bushra win every year, i mean no offence to any fans but seriously, Dastaan was Epic!
Bol meri machli won best serial which was pathetic, it was just okay..
Geo wins every year, why doesn't Hum or Ary ever win?
642940 thumbnail
Sana, thank you for taking the time to read my long lecture 😆 I still cannot fathom why Daastan was sidelined. And yes, Hum tv is also given the cold shoulder. Tragic considering the fact that it's been coming up with the best shows recently. The channel has the upperhand in terms of quality over Geo and ARY.
Edited by RafAholic - 12 years ago
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

you think your angry? My cousin was shouting at the screen, being an obsessive dastaan fan she is, she went crazy when fasial won instead of fawad and about Saima Choudhary, don't even get me started on her. I love her, but to be honest wth? saima choudhary maybe a household name but it doesn't leave an impact like sanam as bano did.

Our industry really needs to grow out of this monopolizing state, first it was humanyun saeed thank god that era is over now - seriously i remember there was a time on every channel i would see his face, not that he is not a good actor he is or atleast was, but come on - we have so much versality of talent in pakistan!
I have to add not being a huge fan of dastaan - the show still deserved the best serial award - bol meri machlee ? wth - where did that show even come from? waste of time!
its a pity to see humtv sidelined. its one of the best channel in pakistan today.
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 12 years ago
aiim thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
GEO TV got the satellite right ,GEo tv got the awards simply.pathetic
anyways thanks for informing who won the award.
ana_kash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i agree with ur over few pointss,,
and fawad sanam were the deservers here for sure,,,,
i like both faysal and bushra ANSARI,,,but dastaan was something neyond the usual shows,,it should have won many awards in different categories...
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

you think your angry? My cousin was shouting at the screen, being an obsessive dastaan fan she is, she went crazy when fasial won instead of fawad and about Saima Choudhary, don't even get me started on her. I love her, but to be honest wth? saima choudhary maybe a household name but it doesn't leave an impact like sanam as bano did.

Our industry really needs to grow out of this monopolizing state, first it was humanyun saeed thank god that era is over now - seriously i remember there was a time on every channel i would see his face, not that he is not a good actor he is or atleast was, but come on - we have so much versality of talent in pakistan!
I have to add not being a huge fan of dastaan - the show still deserved the best serial award - bol meri machlee ? wth - where did that show even come from? waste of time!
its a pity to see humtv sidelined. its one of the best channel in pakistan today.

I agree. Even I like Humayun Saeed, as an actor. But I don't agree with monopoly, which was very much happening during the peak of his career. You cannot give awards based on the stature of an actor/actress. It should be based on the performance alone. I still see more senior performers walking away with the awards. How about celebrating younger talent and their achievements?
Hum tv has consistently been doing well. Sadly it has not been given the credit that it deserves. It has been producing the best shows recently, whereas the rest have been working on the same level and have not risen above that.

Thanks for our views :)
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aiim

GEO TV got the satellite right ,GEo tv got the awards simply.pathetic
anyways thanks for informing who won the award.

True. And how tragic that is. Simply a way of returning the favour...shameful.
No probs. And thanks for your comment :)
642940 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ana_kash

i agree with ur over few pointss,,
and fawad sanam were the deservers here for sure,,,,
i like both faysal and bushra ANSARI,,,but dastaan was something neyond the usual shows,,it should have won many awards in different categories...

Agreed :)
Dastaan was definitely beyond the usual shows and deserved awards for it. Sadly that wasn't the case. Even I admire Faisal Qureshi and Bushra Ansari as performers but I don't feel that they were deserving winners. I see this as dictatorship of senior artists and GEO tv.
Thanks for posting your views...and I like your Humsafar avi :D
tehreemm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Lux style awards are biased man (I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling) but Bol meri machli did not deserve the best serial award at all. Dastaan was epic not only coz of the story but also because of the performances. And tho I love bushra ansari and faisal but no doubt sawad and sanam worked hard for the roles. They were at their best. Isn't these awards supposed to be given to the people who worked hard and not to the people whose winning is kinda custom now 🤔