Kuljeet Randhawa: Death of a star

honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Kuljeet Randhawa: Death of a star

Vashi2Panvel.com: Navi Mumbai: February 9:

Today was a day of mourning for the entire television and glamour industry. The famous model turned actress Kuljeet Randhawa who shot to popularity with Sahara One's 'Kohinoor' hanged herself to death late in the evening at her Juhu residence on Wednesday. The body was discovered by her maid in the night along with a note that stated the reason for taking this extreme step. Apparently, Kuljeet found it extremely difficult to cope with the pressures of life and decided to end it once and for all. The incident has come as a shocker for everyone as Kuljeet was considered a "strong person" by her co-stars. Manish Wadhwa, one of her Kohinoor co-stars says, "I shared a very good professional relationship with Kuljeet. I had worked with her for around five months and by what I knew of her I believe she was a strong person. She was a very good natured, charming lady who always gave top priority to her work. Though I was not really in touch with her off-late as Kohinoor is no more running we met during special occasions and she appeared happy when I last saw her."

Kuljeet's parents who are now under complete depression have flown from Delhi to Mumbai today morning to complete the final rites. Says investigating Officer Sanjay Kulkarni, Juhu Police Station, "The Randhawas are here but they are unable to provide us any cue that would have led Kuljeet to resorting to such means. They have said that she was a very sensitive and emotional kind of a person. But they have no inkling if there was something negative playing in her mind. This incident has come as a jolt for them as well."

Kuljeet became popular with her Pepsi and Whirlpool commercials. This tall, dusky gorgeous beauty was a gladrags model for two years and then she switched to television with Star One's Special Squad. Besides, she was a part of a movie, 'By Chance' that never saw the light of the day. When she quitted Special Sqad rumours appeared in the media stating that she had problems with Gauri Pradhan being incorporated into the plot but Kuljeet clarified it saying that was only because of her feature film and that she's leaving SS amicably.

Ajinkya Deo (Kohinoor co-star) who shared a good relationship with Kuljeet is stunned by the news, "I had known her for the past eight months which probably is a lesser time to know a person. But by whatever I knew of her I had never imagined that she would do such a thing. I'm in shatters…because whenever I heard from her or saw her she appeared very cool and happy with life. She seemed to be a person of strong character and if she has done such a thing then something must have been going around in her mind for a while as extreme steps like this are not taken in haste."

For Kuljeet, her career had only begun and the industry was eyeing at her with hopes and optimism. Besides being a promising entrant, she had all the right things that make a good showbiz material-looks, talent and confidence. It's a loss for not just her family but for the Indian television industry.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

namasteall2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is so sad.

Do you have a picture of her? I am not able to recollect her face....
*lucky_karen* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awww soo sad...may her soul rest in peace 😭
dures thumbnail
😭 😭 really sad...but why 😡
usa123 thumbnail
I liked her a lot... she was so pretty
Ali thumbnail
oh so sad 😭
may god rest her soul in peace.
~Simmi~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zulfiquar

oh so sad 😭
may god rest her soul in peace.

Anybody has her picture?

Anjela thumbnail
if u can post her picture i cant remember her
but its sad 😭 😭 😭
Eijoo''s_Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awwwwww dats so sad!may she R.I.P.!tfs!
Eijoo''s_Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hey heres a pic of her if ne1 wants to c!