|*| DOTW|*| Why? |*|14/21|*|

.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
<div align="center"><div align="center">" />
</div>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">So we have all these different, unique shows going on. Some funny, some intense, some confusing... but all in all they're all loveable. </font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">We watch differens dramas and we like them for different reasons.</font> 😳

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Someone like Khirad's innocence in Humsafar. 😳 Some cry over the lost bond between a mother and son in Maye ni. And like this we have different tastes in dramas. So this weeks DOTW is Why? </font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">What is it that makes you watch a drama? There is that one thing that attracts you... it may be the actors, plot, writer, director etc... What is your reason to watch the drama you like? 😊
<font color="#FF0000">
</font></font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"><font color="#FF0000">Ex. Humsafar. Why do you watch humsafar, because it has you favourite actor Fawad in it? or that you read the novel and now want to see the drama. Or anything else for that matter</font>.</font><i></i>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">So what attracts you to watch your favourite drama? πŸ€”</font>

<font color="#FF0000" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">-SilentPrincess-</font>
</div>
Edited by .SilentPrincess - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I think there are many factors which attract me to a drama...the cast, the name itself at times πŸ˜† and MOST of all, the storyline...it has to be catchy..something diff...something that leaves me thinking...and something that moves me...makes me happy/sad to the extent that I feel I'm there...in the actors' shoes...

Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
in order to motivate me towards STARTING to watch a drama is the drama's story..needs to be something unique, something new.. nothing cliche, kekta style..
the factor that makes me decide whether i will continue watching the show is the cast: i need there to be some cuties and hottie guys in a drama, to watch it! πŸ˜† if a drama doesn't have any hotties, then i MIGHT still watch it (see my next point), but i probably would not watch it as ardently, as crazily... in order to go crazy abt a drama, i need a cutie actor, a fair enuff actress, and a uniquee cutee (and NOT OTT!!) love story...
the third thing that keeps me hooked onto a drama is the way the track proceeds: many dramas start off with unique love tracks, but they all become the same, monotonous, OTT stuff midway. thats when i call it quits :P i need dramas to retain their central themes, and to stay away from OTT stuff...
but u know, my why factor varies amongst indian and pak dramas.. indian dramas i watch for all the above factors: mainly a love story with no cliche/OTT stuff! and cute actors!
pak dramas i watch anything that has an interesting story, and a cast that keeps u interested... i love any drama with saba qamar - just love her... faisal qureshi ka koi bhi drama aap shuru kar lo, it'll be pretty easy to follow it - since the guy can easilyy grab ur interest, such a fine actor! =)
so i guess it's a combination of factors for me.. mostly though, unique story, and some cute cast! =D
Edited by Sid4TeamCanada - 12 years ago
Star_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
really like the cast of humsafar
453547 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sid4TeamCanada

in order to motivate me towards STARTING to watch a drama is the drama's story..needs to be something unique, something new.. nothing cliche, kekta style..
the factor that makes me decide whether i will continue watching the show is the cast: i need there to be some cuties and hottie guys in a drama, to watch it! πŸ˜† if a drama doesn't have any hotties, then i MIGHT still watch it (see my next point), but i probably would not watch it as ardently, as crazily... in order to go crazy abt a drama, i need a cutie actor, a fair enuff actress, and a uniquee cutee (and NOT OTT!!) love story...
the third thing that keeps me hooked onto a drama is the way the track proceeds: many dramas start off with unique love tracks, but they all become the same, monotonous, OTT stuff midway. thats when i call it quits :P i need dramas to retain their central themes, and to stay away from OTT stuff...
but u know, my why factor varies amongst indian and pak dramas.. indian dramas i watch for all the above factors: mainly a love story with no cliche/OTT stuff! and cute actors!
pak dramas i watch anything that has an interesting story, and a cast that keeps u interested... i love any drama with saba qamar - just love her... faisal qureshi ka koi bhi drama aap shuru kar lo, it'll be pretty easy to follow it - since the guy can easilyy grab ur interest, such a fine actor! =)
so i guess it's a combination of factors for me.. mostly though, unique story, and some cute cast! =D

Ditto!
I'm SO with you on cute actors lololol.Nothing grabs my attention until I find the cast cute,esp if someone is as HAWT as Fawad😍
Also i like light comedies just as something like Taaka or Dolly,so basically it's a CUTE cast πŸ˜›and a good script that catches MY attention.πŸ˜†
tehreemm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
For me the first most important thing in a show is the cast especially the main lead I can't watch that show which doesn't have a good lead pair πŸ˜† and I love some of the actors soo much that I can literally watch a show with crappy story just for them and second most important thing is story+presentation. Even if it's some ordinary story it has to be presented in a good way or else for me all the other effort goes down the drain
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The cast is the first thing that attracts me.

You start seeing a trailer, most of the time you may not be able to tell what the story is going to be about (well not entirely at least), but the cast may grab your attention.

For example, I haven't read the novel Humsafar, so Fawad Khan is what grabbed my attention when I started seeing the promos on air. I can guarantee 100% I would not have even ATTEMPTED to see this drama had Fawad not been in it. I think he's amazing...but with that said, the story must be gripping..if not the story, then the acting. At times I do find the story of Humsafar being quite typical..but it's Fawad's genuine acting that keeps me hooked. I have stopped watching dramas half way, even if it had some of my favs in them..because of either the story not being impressive, or the actors/actresses failing to impress.