I get overwhelming feedback: Aarti Singh aka Seema

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Aarti Singh talks of her TV show and comparisons with cousin Ragini Khanna with Neha Maheshwri 

It has been a slow start for actress Aarti Singh, who counts actors like Govinda, Krushna Abhishek (brother) and Ragini Khanna as relatives. She isn't complaining, though. She believes in the adage 'slow and steady wins the race'. 

Currently seen in Colors' Parichay, Singh who plays Sameer Soni's bhabhi is being appreciated by everyone. However, one may feel that the character she portrays is nothing substantial and is just limited to kitchen work, cleaning and serving meals. An alarmed Aarti reacts, "Not at all! It's just been three months and parallel tracks will commence shortly. I am happy and content because the role is actually very good. My track will start very soon, which will let the viewers see the dynamics of my character. I am certain that the promise made by the channel and the producer will be fulfilled and that's why I'm in no hurry. Some people get the best of clothes but can't perform nor are they liked by the viewers. I get overwhelming feedback when I go out and meet people." 

Popular TV actress Ragini Khanna is her cousin - something few people know. While the former plays the lead in Sasural Genda Phool, Singh is playing a character role. Does it lead to any insecurity or jealousy? "If I start comparing myself and my achievements with my family, God save me. There are a lot of my relatives who are doing so much better than me... so what? I too could have waited for a lead role. But I loved the character and took it up immediately. I don't have to earn my bread and butter from this profession and I'm not forced to take anything and everything that comes my way. My family is there to take care of me. I do what gives me happiness and I am happy doing what I am doing. And who knows I too may be seen essaying the protagonist next. I can never have problems with any of my family members just because they are doing better than me. All these things can never discourage or affect me."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kudos to Arti Singh- If youa re reading this- Know that you are fabulous! The role is tailor made for you- your open smile and the way you are the "glue" for the family is wonderfully portrayed by you. You are so good that it seems that you are NOT acting but just being YOU and they are filming you in your kitchen!👏
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for sharing.. she's a good actress..