TOI: Aarti Singh on comparisons with Ragini

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I get overwhelming feedback: Aarti Singh

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Nov 10, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Ragini Khanna|Krushna Abhishek|Govinda|Aarti Singh
Aarti Singh
Aarti Singh talks of her TV show and comparisons with cousin Ragini Khanna with Neha Maheshwri 

It has been a slow start for actress Aarti Singh, who counts actors like Govinda, Krushna Abhishek (brother) and Ragini Khanna as relatives. She isn't complaining, though. She believes in the adage 'slow and steady wins the race'. 

Currently seen in Colors' Parichay, Singh who plays Sameer Soni's bhabhi is being appreciated by everyone. However, one may feel that the character she portrays is nothing substantial and is just limited to kitchen work, cleaning and serving meals. An alarmed Aarti reacts, "Not at all! It's just been three months and parallel tracks will commence shortly. I am happy and content because the role is actually very good. My track will start very soon, which will let the viewers see the dynamics of my character. I am certain that the promise made by the channel and the producer will be fulfilled and that's why I'm in no hurry. Some people get the best of clothes but can't perform nor are they liked by the viewers. I get overwhelming feedback when I go out and meet people." 

Popular TV actress Ragini Khanna is her cousin - something few people know. While the former plays the lead in Sasural Genda Phool, Singh is playing a character role. Does it lead to any insecurity or jealousy? "If I start comparing myself and my achievements with my family, God save me. There are a lot of my relatives who are doing so much better than me... so what? I too could have waited for a lead role. But I loved the character and took it up immediately. I don't have to earn my bread and butter from this profession and I'm not forced to take anything and everything that comes my way. My family is there to take care of me. I do what gives me happiness and I am happy doing what I am doing. And who knows I too may be seen essaying the protagonist next. I can never have problems with any of my family members just because they are doing better than me. All these things can never discourage or affect me."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Aarti has already appeared as the lead in another Color's serial as the gutsy but upright Mugdha Bhabhi. Her histrionic capabilities and credentials are well established. She doesn't need to be compared to Ragini.
-Swasti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thnx for sharing the article ðŸ˜Š
iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I fail to understand Y people would b JEALOUS of Anyone ? If U have JOB & U r good at what U do than Last thing U worry abt is WHAT OTHER PERSON HAS !!!!! Any way , Good luck to Arti Singh .
shilu999_balani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
she also played a good role in "maayaka' some years back and also another serial whose name i forget... but she is a good actress and given a good opportunity will do good i believe... lets see how her role develops in parichay
ramzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
how kum people have so much of free tym like ekta..
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramzzz

how kum people have so much of free tym like ekta..

Where did this suddenly come from? 😕😆😆

But to answer your question, I am apt at multitasking, I have been gifted with brains to do all my work in a small space of time, and I have other people in my life to take care of other things for me. 🤣
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Who is she? Yes I gathered she is Ragini,s cousin but how does she look like? Any link please?
Why is every body writing about Ragini somehow involving her in some kind of conspiracy or jealousy are we in real life soap?? they dont have anything better to write.
_Procrastinator thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: venture

Who is she? Yes I gathered she is Ragini,s cousin but how does she look like? Any link please?
Why is every body writing about Ragini somehow involving her in some kind of conspiracy or jealousy are we in real life soap?? they dont have anything better to write.

here's her pic :

She is Ragini's cousin di..and is very close to Ragini..
u can search for pics on them 😉

Edited by -MadRaginiFan- - 12 years ago
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I can't remember seeing her before, but she is pretty , I am sure she will be talented too. Uff I live in stone age I don't know anybody!!