Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: wat_up

90's gossip seems the juiciest. On Sanjay ya poor Richa who got real sick. My relatives who live in the states have met her as she resided in NY/NJ area her daughter who now wants to act lives abroad with her moms side, and Sanjay rarely visits.
Anyhow, these days with the Net and all gossip is churned on a daiy basis and most relations not that intense its more like "Wham Bam Thank You Mam lol "

Don't underestimate the pre-90s stuff like Rajesh Khanna and Tina Munim's "toothbrush sharing love" or the bizarre gossip about Dimple Kapadia being Nargis and Raj Kapoor's love child and so Raj Kapoor was upset about Rishi-Dimple's alleged affair (there was more gossip about Rajesh Khanna being paid to marry Dimple). 🤪🤣
Edited by Kal El - 12 years ago
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: poppy2009

This information is as per some magazines that I used to read religiously some years back!
Since Salman wanted to get married and Ash wanted some more time, it started a huge rift between them, wherein he started dating other girls, just to spite her...and when she tried to break off the relationship alltogether, he physically abused her multiple times!

Ahhh... Showbiz magazines of the 90's... Nothing can beat them... Aaj kal ka cine magazines mein woh dum nahin hai...
Few years back i got chance to catch up on a whole lot of these 90's magazines... Very scandalous...
Yeah...Thats when he landed in Florida to rekindle his romance with Somy Ali... Ash heard abt it and threw a fit and objected to it and after that he physically abused her...
228398 thumbnail
does anyone have the pic/video of aish "bruised" at the awards??
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kal El

Sanjay Dutt's history of conquests actually goes all the way back to the early 80s. Yeah I know this thread is about the 90s but I feel we are doing injustice to Sanju Baba's hard work spanning 3 decades if we leave out the 80s. 😆

His first girlfriend was Tina Munim (also his first heroine in Rocky) who dumped him for Rajesh Khanna for the remainder of the 80s.

There were rumours linking him with his co-stars Rati Agnihotri, Kimi Katkar and I think even Amrita Singh.

He later married Richa Sharma. The marriage did not last. She passed away in the mid-90s.

Aside from Madhuri, he also supposedly had an affair with Lisa Ray in the 90s.

BTW Kimi Katkar was also linked with Govinda and Anil Kapoor (who was famously rumoured to have something going on with another one of Sanjay's conquests, Madhuri, much to the annoyance of his wife Sunita).

Sanjay Dutt and his three decades of love and lust... Right from Tina Munim to Kangana Ranaut...These are the known names...Imagine how many unknown names are in his list... No wonder he brags that he slept with 200 women...
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Another thing I found about Aish/Salman:

31609 thumbnail
WOW...thanx ruky and poppy...that is quite the story...

Herz wht srk's biography by anupama chopra says in the "Devdas" chapter...and this was all i knew

"Meanwhile, Aishwarya rai was grappling with her own personal daemons. A former miss world, she had worked with sanjay in his second film HDDCS.During the making,she fell in love with her costar Salman khan. For two years, the two had conducted a tempstuous affair in a fish bowl with rumors of parental dissaproval, indimidation and physical abuse. By the time devdas was being shot, the relationship had disintegrated into an unpleasant, incoherent mess. Salman had become a real life Devdas, simultaneously self destructing and attempting to salvage his romance. He was as much part of Devdas as the crew.

Salman would spend hours lying intoxicated on the floor of aishwarya's trailer. One night, srk and aishwarya were doing a romantic scene that required him to intricate a thorn from her foot. Salman was on the set and he volunteered to demonstrate how this should be done. SRK agreed and salman did the shot, sanjay rolled the cameras. It was a poignant moment: a spent, tragic lover enacting his own life for a film. Aishwarya cried. It was the last time the two were captured on film together.."

Oh bummer...
ruky786 thumbnail
Anyone know about Manisha and Aish spat that happened in the 90's?😲

On other fronts, Aishwarya and Manisha Koirala exchanged harsh words in a series of interviews in the mid to late 1990s. In the December 1999 issue of Showtime Magazine, Aishwarya recalled how the feud got started:

In the beginning of '94, a leading magazine came out with this 'red hot scoop'. Ranjeev was supposed to have dumped me for Manisha. I called up Ranjeev the moment I came to know about this asking what all the crap was about. Ranjeev was a very good friend of mine nothing beyond that. I told him I didn't want to get roped into their love story. After two months, they weren't seeing each other. Manisha was seeing a different guy every second month.

Time passed by and around '95 I'd come down to India as Miss World who was visiting India. That was when I saw Bombay in Tamil and thought it was brilliant. I'd reached Bombay on 1st April, and coincidentally, Ranjeev called me. I was exclaiming to him about how excellent Manisha was in the film and that I was planning to send her a bouquet to congratulate her. At that he laughed at me and asked me whether or not I had been reading the papers. He informed me that Manisha claimed that she'd discovered some love letters that Ranjeev had written to me. I couldn't believe it! It came as a very rude shock to me. I mean, if there was any kind of authenticity to this article, why didn't this piece of info come out in July '94? If that was the reason for her split with Ranjeev in a couple of months, then why brood on it for nine whole months and then come out in the open?

This Manisha episode really affected me a lot in the beginning. I cried like crazy. I was really hurt miserable with all that was happening around. After saying so much she kept saying that she had been misquoted. After that split she had had innumerable affairs according to the media, so why didn't anybody ask her why she hadn't come out with the info the previous year itself? I never wanted to be bracketed with any particular name. But today the media has played it up so much that if somebody takes my name, Manisha's name comes to mind instantly and vice-versa. Today, it's four years after that incident, but she still keeps bringing that topic up. It naturally means that all this is stemming from something else and not merely a lost relationship. However, I'm beyond this nonsense. She criticized even her seniors like like Rekha and Sridevi, so who's Aishwarya Rai? Her conduct only reflects her poor personality.

One of Manisha's close friends, actor Jackie Shroff, got involved, giving the cold shoulder to Aishwarya. In return, Aishwarya disparaged him in the press. She explains:

As far as Jaggu is concerned, there are no negative vibes. I don't usually fly off the handle, but on one occasion, I was needled and made some statements about Jaggu. That interview was not an angry retaliation as it was made out to be. People who know me insisted it wasn't me at all. Well, the article at least proved I'm not a spineless creature, saccharine sweet, almost diabetic. Akshaye laughingly asked me, 'Ash, you'll never bitch about me like that, will you?' But Jaggu's interview was also uncharacteristic of him.

It was reported that he sent me flowers and an apology afterwards. Not true. What he did send me was a copy of my interview and a note, 'So glad you're human. Now we're quits. Love, Jaggu.' Later he called me to ask, 'Arrey, tu zinda hai!' [Hey, you're alive!] My answer was, 'Do you need to do this to find out?' To be frank, until then, things were a little strange. Jaggu would often drop in on our sets but never say a word to me. But after that interview of mine, we've actually become close. Now he's more relaxed. He says he finds it easier to talk to me now because 'now I can relate to you, you're human. Earlier I thought you had fallen straight from the skies. Now I believe tu apun ke jaise hi hai'. [You're human like me.] Well, all's well that ends well.

As far as reconciliation with Manisha is concerned, "I swear on anything dear to me, I never said [that she was seeing a new guy every month]. I said that the media has insinuated that she's seeing different people. Once and for all, please let me clarify that Manisha and I aren't the best of friends... there's no love lost between us... but for goodness sake, I want all the viciousness and bickering to stop. I'm pained by the fact that a war has been created for nothing at all. The magazines fill their pages, but think how damaging it has been for both of us. You won't believe this but I feel no bitterness or resentment towards Manisha. In fact, I hope she finds happiness soon. That sense of stability may make her feel more secure and calm her down in life." (Filmfare, Feb. 1999)

428419 thumbnail
wow..so i read all the gossips..yeh saare sitare itna kuch kar baithe pichle century mein?😲In front of them Ranbir,Sonam and the brigade looks lallu pullu😆

lol just wonder what would have happened if IF and bolly forum should have been started in the 90's😆

31609 thumbnail
Wait so when did salman go totally crazy and make a 1000 phone calls or vivek or something?? there was some scandal involved there right with the calls being taped or something??
ruky786 thumbnail
Question:

Was it true that Salman even threatened some producers/directors not to have Vivek in some films and that's why u dont see VO acting a lot? Because if VO was offered films...apparently I read that Salman got upset aswell?