TV actor Pulkit Samrat in Kumar Mangat's Film!

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Amita Pathak and newcomer Pulkit Samrat in Kumar Mangat's Bittu Boss
By Subhash K. Jha, November 1, 2011 - 12:49 IST

Producer Kumar Mangat has wasted no time in launching a quickie with his daughter Amita Pathak and a fresh new male face in a film called Bittu Boss being shot at this moment by a new director Supavitra Babul (who comes from the ad world) in Simla.

Interestingly, the male debutant in Bittu Boss is a popular television actor Pulkit Samrat who has been missing from the small-screen for some years now.

Pulkit, for those who came in late, shot to primetime fame as Lakshya Virani in Ekta Kapoor'sKyunki Saas Bhi Bahu Thi. He was then whisked by Shah Rukh Khan's production house for the sequel to the serial Fauji(SRK's TV launch in 1988) which was to launch Pulkit as the heir-apparent to Shah Rukh's character.

But Fauji 2 was shelved. And then began Pulkit's struggle to find a foothold in Bollywood.

Says a source, "Pulkit was determined not to return to television. He was doubly determined not to return to Balaji's saas-bahu saga. He was taken under Kumar Mangat's wings and groomed for a launch with Mangat's daughter."

Pulkit is now being launched in style on the big screen.

Says producer Kumar Mangat, "It's very important to bring new talent to our film industry. Earlier this year, I launched a significant new director Luv Sinha and six talented newcomers in Pyaar Ka Punchnama. The film did very well. And I am now determined to look for more fresh talent. Just the same handful stars won't do. I am very close to Ajay. But how many films can he do? In Bittu Boss, we're launching a new hero. I'm sure Pulkit will be a star. The rest of the crew including the director and cinematographer are also new."

Edited by lovedkruti - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

134529 thumbnail
Don't care much for the movie, but omg, I used to love him in KSBKBT.

Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

Don't care much for the movie, but omg, I used to love him in KSBKBT.

yeah me too, whenever I hear the Kisna song, it reminds of him and KT, they were so gorgeous together and Pulkit was so Good in the show!!
31609 thumbnail
was he tht guy in KSBKBT who was with KT???

no offence...he always looked like lallu to me...
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Hmm...good to see him back. His career got ruined after his panga with Ekta Kapoor. He was the only actor in those days who dared to stand up to her nonsense. For his sake I hope the film benefits him. He was quiet charming.
134529 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovedkruti

yeah me too, whenever I hear the Kisna song, it reminds of him and KT, they were so gorgeous together and Pulkit was so Good in the show!!

Lol, I only liked him for his handsome face. Acting-wise..he was whatever. That KT girl was worse. But yeah I agree about the Kisna song. I think I might use my avis of him all over again now. 😆

Smartie...he's one of those pretty boys, IMO. 😆
crixus...agree with you. I've never heard of the girl before but Pulkit's future in BW does seem non-existent.

From what I remember...he didn't used to get his paychecks on time by Balaji so he took it up with Ekta and that rubbed her the wrong way. After that, he began to think that he was too good for Tellywood.
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
31609 thumbnail
he stood up to ekta?? why?? i thought balaji actors have the best jobs in the tv industry...apparently they get paid on time, and get paid well,along with been given an opportunity to work in multiple shows in case one show shuts down...i always thought ekta was a gr8 entrepreneur...

didnt rajeev khandelwal stand up to her too and burn his fingers in the process b4 his silver screen debut??.
@ smartie : things are not that shiny and smooth as it is shown outside...😆
All that glitters is not Gold...😉
apparently, Ekta is a very khadoos Boss and a very good business-woman!
She does launch new people, make their careers no doubts, but one has to dance on her tunes, nahi toh Tata Byee byee...
Edited by lovedkruti - 12 years ago
31609 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovedkruti

@ smartie : things are not that shiny and smooth as it is shown outside...😆

All that glitters is not Gold...😉
apparently, Ekta is a very khadoos Boss and a very good business-woman!
She does launch new people, make their careers no doubts, but one has to dance on her tunes, nahi toh Tata Byee byee...

i guess...but i dunt think therz such a thing as a "good boss"...most of them are mean n nasty anyway...😆

atleast they get paid well and dunt go out of work..uska shukr maano...😆

but ya...she is dominating and khadoos in a way too...but i think thts the kind of woman it takes to run an empire like Balaji...
134529 thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

he stood up to ekta?? why?? i thought balaji actors have the best jobs in the tv industry...apparently they get paid on time, and get paid well,along with been given an opportunity to work in multiple shows in case one show shuts down...i always thought ekta was a gr8 entrepreneur...

didnt rajeev khandelwal stand up to her too and burn his fingers in the process b4 his silver screen debut??.

Well, I guess Pulkit's story said otherwise. It was definitely a money issue though. He was either not paid on time, or maybe under-paid. Also, I think he even won his court case against her.

Don't know much about what down between Rajeev and Ekta, except that she wasn't a happy person when he left her show. And neither was I - omg, Sujal Garewal...I was sucha big fan. The show went down the drain after he left (well, it was halfway down there anyway while he was a part of it). 😆

Ekta seems like the Salman Khan of Tellywood - you don't wanna rub her the wrong way or your career will be satyanaash'd. 😆
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago