10/25: Some thoughts regarding this show

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Ever since the show has become a daily, the storyline and quality has taken a hit ... apart from the incessant dhan dhan dhan music, they have been stretching the Bhimya track like a rubber band. I miss the tight editing and pace of the show when it used to air on just Fridays and Saturdays.

Moreso, do they have to show Soyra gawking like a jealous shrew wife every-time Shivaji and Sai have a tender moment or Sai is showered some attention? It is ridiculous, especially since they show Sai on one hand going above and beyond to make Soyra feel included in everything...the kitchen politics is so not needed. Indeed, not much is known about their interaction and chemistry on a day-to-day basis. For a daily, the makers are left with no choice but to add these unnecessary elements to stretch the show. But for me personally, somehow that kills the authenticity of the show.

In a separate thread someone was outraged about Sai-Soyra's relation being shown in a manner that was distorting history. Initially I was okay with some creative liberties taken by the makers. But now it is getting more and more in-your-face.

Historical fact about Soyrabai: Soyra's prominence grew during Sambhaji's time. Sai died when Sambhaji was 2 years old and Jijabai died a few years later. Soyra couldn't shower her love on the motherless child, Sambhaji and was in fact instrumental in creating a rift between a father and his son. Her ulterior motive was, to see her son appointed as the next heir throne after Shivaji's death, instead of Sambhaji - pretty much like Kaikeyi, from Ramayan. And Rajaram (her son) like Bharat was extremely fond of Sambhaji and knew that he was much more capable of ruling the kingdom rather than himself.

This is truly a nice show. I enjoy watching it. Makers - if you can read this, please pull up your socks now and don't let such a nice show lose its grip by tweaking the facts and needlessly stretching it.

Thoughts?
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priyu_friend thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
you know what i really do not mind this.
a daily soap is like this
but in fact, i have read it in many places that
Sayeebai and Shivaji shared a close relationship. and he was greatly impacted by her death; Shivaji loved Sayi bai so much that when she died ,he was again and again taking the name of Sai Bai.
it is said that her name was his last word prior to his death.
it is true that in the history soyrabai is mosly mentioned after saibai's death, but she was part of their life before saibai died.
if she was so jealous of sambaji, and it's even said that she had poisoned shivaji, then i don't think she would liked sai that much either.
i agree that this bheemya track is actually being really stretched , but i don't really mind, this is not new
prithviraj chauhan, jhansi and all were like that.
if you are interested you can read:
note: i am not telling my opinions just based on this book
Edited by priyu_friend - 12 years ago