SS: Dear Diary... Part 14 Upd 11/30 Pg 66

Posted: 12 years ago
Part 1 And it begun...

She never thought she would go against her sister's wishes, but she had to. It was the only way her Channi would have the 'right' future.

Had it been anyone else, she would have pulled stunts nothing short of the pentagon to make certain he would disappear off the face of earth. But Maan was as adorable as brother-in-law's came. Perhaps even a little too soft spoken for an attorney by profession and that she'd been sure was how he'd talked his way into her sister's heart. Her resistance to welcome Maan into the family had withered away to nothingness when she'd seen her Channi Di smile...smile in a way that didn't put those strain lines around her lips, as if the smile lowered itself onto her face with such tenderness that it unfurled with the same promising stillness of those soft wet flower petals that unveiled itself on a dewy winter morning. It had been sign enough of all the happiness that was to come in her sister's life. And she'd finally, albeit reluctantly began to understand her sister would have to leave their home someday. That she'd live to see a day in her life that wouldn't start and end with her Di...

But Gurvinder had showed up just then, precisely at a time when everything was falling into place. And the smile on her sister's face...the one she'd come to sluice her strength from, for surviving a lone future, had disappeared as if it hadn't been there to start with. She would have left things at that, had it not been for the mutiny her sister lived with towards her own self. Maan, according to her sister had been where her heart would be with some time, but Gurvinder...is where her heart already was. Who would have known such realizations came at the most inopportune of times? Driving her to conclude that the smile she'd thought was the promise of a blissful future had been just that...A promising hope and nothing more.

Given that she'd taken an unspoken vow to rescue her sister from every dire situation that there would be, she thought it was time to stand by it. She'd hinted at what she was about to do then to her sister the previous night and her self-sacrificing sister had made her swear she wouldn't think along those lines for another seven births. But breaking one vow seemingly appeared easier than seeing her sister struggle defending her feelings for Gurvinder, while she remained betrothed to Maan.

She pushed the plate away and stood up garnering the attention of all others at the dinner table. As everyone looked up from their plates, her eyes closed quickly in prayer. She needed Babaji's blessings to endure a life in penance, for what she was about to do then, would cost all her relationships, including her only family and may be even her Di...She drew her ever-present shell that she often depended on at such times. Striding to her left, she stopped by her brother-in-law's chair.

"What happened Geet?" He leaned back and tilted his head towards her.

Before she could change her mind, she bent down and kissed him smack on his lips...

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ninand thumbnail
wow. .. WOW. that was something. Could you tell me what show its based on though ? curious. :)

and do continue soon .(assuming theres more ;)   )
Edited by ninand - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: ninand

wow. .. WOW. that was something. Could you tell me what show its based on though ? curious. :)

and do continue soon .(assuming theres more ;)   )

Hey Gurl! The situation is based on Ek Hazaaron mein meri behana hain. But the show is not exactly like this. I had just written down a spin off.

I doubt I will continue this...πŸ˜‰

Thanks for stopping by.

Hasini
Part 2 The Aftermath

She sat down on the four-poster bed, the netted canopy drawn up and tied with a draw string, where she'd slept the night. It felt like a dream to have spent the waking hours of the day at Hoshiarpur and to have fallen asleep in Delhi, notably in a place that was as new to her as was the relationship she was in. She was Geet Singh Khurana that morning, forcefully having to leave behind the only surname she'd had all her life - after he'd gotten up from the mandap and tied the mangalsutra around her neck. And beyond that moment, even her name didn't own up to the familiarity she'd seldom noticed in the times she'd carried it. Everything had changed since then...including his life.

Now she knew he'd never been convinced to marry Channi, to start with, after that fateful kiss at the dining table. Of course it had been her parents and Daarji explaining her recklessness and confusing act to him and his Daadima, coming up with inane reasons as they often had to in her case. She'd been locked up in her room for the next five days, until the actual hour of the wedding. Nevertheless, when she'd shown up in a pink Patiala suit and heavy kundan lining her neck, he'd shot one look at her and in the next few minutes her identity as a Handa had ended forever.

Though she'd felt absolved for the heinous crime of kissing her brother-in...Well now he was her husband and no longer a favored suitor for Channi; the realization that sunk in, made her feel like brittle caramel, ready to crack with one more instigation about her having caused shame to her family, in ways beyond repair. In actuality, the need to rescue her sister had left her mind, long after she'd stared at the four walls for five continuous days, only getting a glimpse of the hallway outside bustling with marriage preparations, when Daarji himself opened the door to slide in her meals. But no one had known that when she'd entered the wedding arena, giggling and laughing mightily to the games her cousins had played on him, while she'd been locked away. How would she prove that she'd resigned to the play of fate in her sister's life?

She'd been in shock for the next few hours and he'd come to her rescue, every time her own family had raised a finger at her. It hadn't been until they'd exited the car and she'd stood at the entrance of the mansion, she could carry out instructions, without having to be told twice. She didn't know what Daadima thought of her, for she still hadn't gotten a chance to explain herself to anyone...not even to him. He'd been in the same room with her last night. In fact, they had slept on the same bed, but he'd remained withdrawn and pensive the few moments they had been alone. By the time she'd worked up the nerve to talk to him, he'd already drifted deep into his sleep. It was only expected, when he'd done her share of defending at the wedding and had maintained nothing short of it with his Daadima on their drive back to Delhi. She'd watched him sleep still as a rock beside her, with the faint sound of his breathing breaking the thick silence of a wall that lay between them.

It occurred to her, as she sat running the towel down her hair, that despite the fact he hadn't yet spoken one word to her, justifying marrying her without so much as her permission, he hadn't shown any trace of guilt in his eyes. If anything he'd plumped up the pillow next to her and laid there, without the necessary theatrics that men pulled on their newly wedded wives at such situations, which was to show up late for bed and taking the pillow and covers away to seek another sleeping arrangement, anywhere but on the same bed.

What bothered her most was what he would have made of that mindless kiss. She couldn't bear to have him attach any meaning to it. He certainly didn't come across to her as nave to assume that she'd kissed him out of a charged attraction. Oh! Babaji...what if he did? And her hand rose up to touch her lips where she felt numb suddenly; her breath caught in her lungs as she relived those seconds she'd brushed her lips against his. 

She didn't know how long she sat there, counting the repercussions of that night almost a week ago, while a few of her fingers continued to linger on her lower lip, that when she looked up from the ground, she found him leaning in the far corner of the room, studying her with an intensity that prickled her skin, once she regained her awareness.

"There was something about that kiss...wasn't it?" He said thoughtfully, making her fears come alive through his words; giving voice to them in a way that made it more real than the cold floor she jumped on.

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
sinak thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Loved it. Plz continue soon
Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
how did i miss this on the forum...

u changed the cast...n i loved it...

i love the original one also ...but maaneet will always be the one i love the most...😳

beautifully written...

he married her...i did not expect that...

he defo must of thought of something when he did that...

waiting to know what he thinks...n does he know y she did that...

continue soon...

Downhill thumbnail
u come up with such wonderful themes and just sweep me off my feet ...
well i am curious as to what maan has interpreted of that kiss...

Originally posted by: sinak

Loved it. Plz continue soon

Thank you :)

Originally posted by: jyoti_l

how did i miss this on the forum...

u changed the cast...n i loved it...

i love the original one also ...but maaneet will always be the one i love the most...😳

beautifully written...

he married her...i did not expect that...

he defo must of thought of something when he did that...

waiting to know what he thinks...n does he know y she did that...

continue soon...

Oh! yes...Its unbearable for me to to cast anyone else other than M&G, though I'm tired of thinking about them all the time. Thank you, but be ware, I really haven't thought much of this OS/SS.

Originally posted by: Dreamy_Mystique

u come up with such wonderful themes and just sweep me off my feet ...
well i am curious as to what maan has interpreted of that kiss...

Thanks so much Gurl!...but this really has been written so many times in Fan Fictions I think...

Oh! sure, will write that up for the next part.