koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
I understand that serials need to be dramatized but LIES should not be inserted inside History as it distorts history .

Shivaji's Life itself is SO interesting that a lot of drama can be created with the various incidents that have been jotted down by historians . His friendship with the mountain boys ...the Mavlas , His promise before God , his dream where the Goddes handed him a sword . his meeting with spiritual Guru Ramdas who guided him perfectly and ordered him to establish Dharma , His killing of various Mughal generals like Shaiste khan , Afzal Khan , his meeting with Aurangzeb , His imprisonment , his escape , His low phase when he had to suurender his forts , His relationship with his loyal generals like Tanaji , Jiva Mahale , Baji Prabhu etc...provides INTENSE DRAMA .

There is NO earthly need to insert FRAGMENTED stories of Sai and Soyra ...there is no record of all these things EVER happening .

Soyra has been recorded by historians at a much later stage ...for being extremely ambitious and wanting HER son Rajaram to rule the Kingdom , and hence wanting Sambhaji dead .

Sambahji had no issues with the step brother , but he has taught Soyra a lesson by uncovering her politics after Shivaji's death at a young age of just 53 ...He had her put to death by cementing her in a brick wall like Anarkali the courtesan was ...if I am not mistaken .

However Rajaram he loved .He brought him up as a prince . Sambhaji did not allow his anger for Soyra to affect his objectivity towards his step brother .

Soyra has plotted and created rift between him and Shivaji . When Shivaji fell sick , Sambhaji wanted to meet him badly to say sorry for some of the things he did in his youth ...like the kidnapping of a young beautiful daughter of a Patil of a village etc . Shivaji had disapproved of it and imprisoned him by giving a fair verdict .

Soyra did Not allow him to meet his father on death bed ...even Shivaji had mentioned repeatedly that he wanted to meet Sambhaji .

So u see , LOT of REAL drama in Shivajis life .No need to show UNREAL things ...it puts us off and destroys quality of serial .

Sai and Soyra should NOT have been shown at this stage . Conocted stories being shown. Thats a real SHAME . I wonder how no one is objecting .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveHappy thumbnail

Yes you are right. I got the Shiva Charitra copy from library and read that nothing much mentioned about Sai and Soyara except towards the end of the book a simple mention that Sai was full of wisdom and Soyara was after the money.

I started watching this serial coz I was keen to see his tactics about Aurangzeb, Afzal Khan, Shasta Khan etc etc but sadly the serial is not moving beyond Sai and Soyara. There are lot more things to be shown and what they are showing is not even the tip of Iceberg but something wierd. Also Shivaji was fully aware that Shahji was sardar in Adil Shah's court unlike how they have shown in the serial.
Also i guess there won't be much evidence of day to day happenings in shivaji's married life anywhere as he has achieved far many more achievements to mention these rather trivial things. So it's clear that what they are shwing about Sai and soyara is just dramatisation.
Also in Shiv charitra there is a detail mention of his conversations with Sambhaji, with Jijabai and Shahji, his troops, his mental state when he would go for war, how he would plan the war, and the tactics etc.
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveHappy

Yes you are right. I got the Shiva Charitra copy from library and read that nothing much mentioned about Sai and Soyara except towards the end of the book a simple mention that Sai was full of wisdom and Soyara was after the money.

I started watching this serial coz I was keen to see his tactics about Aurangzeb, Afzal Khan, Shasta Khan etc etc but sadly the serial is not moving beyond Sai and Soyara. There are lot more things to be shown and what they are showing is not even the tip of Iceberg but something wierd. Also Shivaji was fully aware that Shahji was sardar in Adil Shah's court unlike how they have shown in the serial.
Also i guess there won't be much evidence of day to day happenings in shivaji's married life anywhere as he has achieved far many more achievements to mention these rather trivial things. So it's clear that what they are shwing about Sai and soyara is just dramatisation.
Also in Shiv charitra there is a detail mention of his conversations with Sambhaji, with Jijabai and Shahji, his troops, his mental state when he would go for war, how he would plan the war, and the tactics etc.

Historians Have mentioned Sai as Sambhaji's mother .She was wise annd calm and Shivaji's favorite but she died early .

Soyra then turned greedy and plotted against him . Soyra comes into picture more so after Jijabai's death ...she died on thirteenth day after Shivajis coronation . Her dream of seeing him as King was fulfilled .

Till Jijabai was alive Soyra did not have the power .

She formed her own plotting group ...and cleverly elicited news from them about Sambhaji's whereabouts . She plotted with them to get him out of the picture .

Her son Rajaram was mild and nice . He rather liked Sambhaji .

Shivaji had one more queen ...after Sai's death he married again . Putla bai . This queen was like Sai ...more wise , calm and nice . She got no children and loved Sambhaji .

But when Soyra came in power she did so much politics that she retired to a fort [ i forget the name] and lived peacefully there , disgusted by the horrific politics that Soyra did .

These silly things that CVS r showing should be stopped ASAP . They r ruining a wonderful Charitra .
LiveHappy thumbnail
Yeah hope they get the sadbuddhi to show real stuff..😊
576259 thumbnail
yes but sai-shivaji pair is rocking ... especiallly palak look so cute & adorable in that costume & get up ... i know that they shud show more of shivaji's political life ... which they will definitely do also ... but i just want to see sai-shivaji track also ... i just cannot imagine waching this show wihout palak as sai
darshana23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you. I dont think ever Soyra and Saibai faced each other... or they were friends... It was true that Shivaji got married to Saibai at very young age... She was first wife of Shivaji raje... But that's just because Jijamaata admired Saibai more... If I am not wrong, she used to be only girl who used to play with Shivaji raje when they were kid...
P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
But being a tv show and to gain interest of most viewers it needs to have shown sai and shivaji scenes. its not like the show is going far off track, it is still showing his fight for swaraj but in addition his personal life, so that it gains i wide range of audiences.
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prasad1991

yes but sai-shivaji pair is rocking ... especiallly palak look so cute & adorable in that costume & get up ... i know that they shud show more of shivaji's political life ... which they will definitely do also ... but i just want to see sai-shivaji track also ... i just cannot imagine waching this show wihout palak as sai

But prasad then it becomes FICTION . Its not history anymore . Even in historical fiction books , the drama is put in at the appropriate stages .Soyra is shown when Sambhjaji is growing up .

Nowhere in history it is recorded that Soyra fell off a hill and Shivaji and Sai saved her . This is not mythology ...its HISTORY .Sivaji was a real person , its hIS life thats being shown .Why LIE for money ? Go and make serials like Ram Milayee Jodi then . Or Balika Vadhu . If child brides r cute . 😆
LiveHappy thumbnail
I just hope they don't go off track in trying to appeal to the audiences like the Jhansi Ki rani..otherwise I think better they change the serial name to some fictional character coz its also important to show things which have actually taken place in history.
With Shivaji, makers have to be very careful as its very easy for people to find loopholes coz a lot many ppl know about his life story unlike Jhansi Ki Rani.
parulwashere thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree history should not be tailored or distorted ... however , they need to appeal to a large audience , some are curious to know the personal life of veer sivaji , his relationship with his wives and mother , father , brother n so on ... and they are including sai-soyra track to keep such audience glued to the serial ... though they should not overdo it ... atleast i was bored to see the soyra wedding and her cliff stunt ...