Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: nureat01

Mashy Mashy...pyari Mashy...maine dekh liya...will you do Turba for me now?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

I loved yesterday's more too...the fact that she didn't really sing it in a sufi style like the original but made it her own and how...it was lovely...loha manwana...lol...waah waah aaj toh bade muhaavre use ho rahein hain...kya baat hai, Mashaal jiπŸ˜†

Whom am I going to do that Turba with? You have to find a Kesar for me Anureet ji.

Exactly! She added her own flavour to that song...and still we loved it. It's rare for an artist to pull that off with a song like that...
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

Oh yeah I like the lyrics of that version a lot too...yep that's the one they played at the end of the movie...it's just I LOVE the voice of the female singer...it's a very unique sort of voice and suited the composition beautifully...

Manasi goofed up on the lyrics a teeny bit...did anyone notice? LOL...it should be KYUN dikhaaye sapne tu sote jaagte, not JO dikhaaye sapne tu sote jaagte...was it a nervous slip? She never looks nervous though, does she?πŸ˜†

I feel she was singing the 'goonja sa hai koi Iktara' chorus portion on a higher pitch than expected. The rest I absolutely loved.

On the other hand, I think she intended the kind of crescendo in those bits especially when she sang with the male chorusing, as her own touch.

And oh yeh, that was a slip, lol - I wondered when she started, and then forgot about it by the time she finished! Nervous - to is debatable I suppose πŸ˜† Any surprise the judges didn't catch her though? πŸ€“
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Went back to hear yesterday's again, and while I loved the changes she made in the chorus section especially, especially the way she pulled off haaniyaa - was brilliant - but para 1 was where I had a little ado not comparing and I prefer the original - I also prefer the band work of the original which has nothing to do with Manasi's singing of course. But no disputing that she made a potential gamble seem nothing like one! It wasn't just a hard song - which all 3 of hers have been at different levels - but also not the obvious choice for her.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: JZephyr

Went back to hear yesterday's again, and while I loved the changes she made in the chorus section especially, especially the way she pulled off haaniyaa - was brilliant - but para 1 was where I had a little ado not comparing and I prefer the original - I also prefer the band work of the original which has nothing to do with Manasi's singing of course. But no disputing that she made a potential gamble seem nothing like one! It wasn't just a hard song - which all 3 of hers have been at different levels - but also not the obvious choice for her.

Interestingly I feel the band was too loud for her in portions of Iktara today...the instrumentation could have been betterπŸ˜†...I liked the band more for yesterday's.
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: JZephyr

Manasi underwhelming?! 😲 Wow -I'm really surprised anyone would think that, because she infused life into her performances, yesterday and today ... The songs are done many times, Iktara has several commercial versions in fact - but Manasi gave them both her own taste... and how!

sorry but that's how I feltπŸ˜•...maybe because I've heard the song so many times I didnt actually pay attention to it...and plus I didnt see the episode properly...I was skimming. I'll watch it again and then give my views😊