Story : Tiger's Cub

RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
in Bengali there is a short story on teenager shivaji written by a legendary historical fiction writer of Bengal which i want to share
its a story of a day of teenager shivaji's life...the central characters of the story are teenager Shivaji and Dadaji Konde...

Tiger's Cub

The story starts in a hill region of western india...almost 350 years back..two horse riders were climbing down through the narrow mountain-defile of sahyadri ..leaving the setting Sun back..their long shadow were leading them towards their destination...the valley was not seen yet..everywhere the naked hills and here and there hilly thorny orchids were guarding their view...
the path through which both of the horse riders were climbing down couldn't be called as path .. the rainwater while floating downwards from the peak..makes slippery drains on the mountain body...those two were going through such a drain..both of them were chatting with each other leaving the control over the horses...hairy-bodied short height mountainous horses themselves were climbing down with much awareness aware ..the drain was so slippery and sloping that if the horse slips ..the sure death would have been awaiting ahead for the riders...but they don't seem a lil bit worried about this
one of those two horse riders was old aged man with white hair and mustache..and his complexion was like melted gold his head his covered with white turban made of cotton clothes ...his body is covered with white stole..from the back of which his holy thread was visible which proves he is a vedic brahmin..his face had a mark of intelligence and wisdom..though he didn't have any weapon but with that much firmness and confidence he was sitting on the horse it proved that he didn't spent his life by only studying vedas...
another horse rider is just opposite to the previous one ...his age is not more than sixteen ..his complexion is bright and the structure of his face was much sharp ..the sharp nose like the beak of an eagle made his face look like as sharp as a hunter ..his big eyes had jet black eyeballs ..and had such a sharp and glare which seemed can reach to the deepest of anyone's heart...eye brows are curved perfectly ..in sudden glare that teenager boy could make a mesmerizing effect on onlookers mind..it seemed as if a curved sword is shining in sunlight while gazing at him...his body was so well build that on the first gaze its hard to believe that he is a boy..his legs were seemed made for running fast as deer...his long muscled arms could lift anyone or anything from land by sitting on the horseback...it seemed if he hugs someone with his arms none of that poor creature's bone will be left unbroken ..
the boy was laughing while climbing down..and was watching everything with his trembling eyes ..he was sitting straight on the horse back as if he is not different from the horse .they can't be parted away anyhow...the boy was holding a heavy iron made harpoon with such ease as if its lighter than the feather which is decorating his head gear..
both of the horseriders are not stranger for us...the old aged man is Dadoji Kondodev ..a marathi brahmin and the boy is the new landlord of Puna..Shivaji Raje Bhosle

Edited by jhum_86 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
wow Aru!!! thanx a ton yaar!! 🤗
waiting for ur update!!!! 😛
RoseFairy thumbnail
ya charu will update soon
Jhinka_Roy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi jhum_86! What's your name?
The bengali story you are talking about is very close to my heart 😃... it was penned by Sharadindu Bandopadhyay (Bannerjee), right? The story about Shivaji's parents that Dadoji Kondadev narrated to young Shivaji is really beautiful!

Will wait for your rendering of this story, post soon! 👍🏼
RoseFairy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jhinkaroy

Hi jhum_86! What's your name?
The bengali story you are talking about is very close to my heart 😃... it was penned by Sharadindu Bandopadhyay (Bannerjee), right? The story about Shivaji's parents that Dadoji Kondadev narrated to young Shivaji is really beautiful!

Will wait for your rendering of this story, post soon! 👍🏼

ya dear you are right..sharadindu banerjee is my most favourite author...i am a great admirer of him...earlier in chandragupta maurya forum i translated one of his story jhelum nadir tire...the meeting of alexandar and chandragupta..

and now thought to translate this too...but i am not good translator...so consider it
chand1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Very nice Aru !!

Do start the story soon :-)
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh how did i miss this thread.

nice one aru do start soon.
justjayati thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi guys!!! main aa gayi!!!

this is my first comment on this forum!!!

@aru
plz update the story soon yaar... eagerly waiting for it...
chand1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: justjayati

hi guys!!! main aa gayi!!!

this is my first comment on this forum!!!

@aru
plz update the story soon yaar... eagerly waiting for it...

Welcome to this forum... 😉

@Aru : Plzz could u PM me when u update the story ?? :-)
chand1234 thumbnail
@Aru : Story plzzz jaldi se start kar na ?? waiting... :-)