Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Minks-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey Jzee 🤗... was waiting for your review for the first week... Judges to waste hain, cant depend on them, kuch bhi bolte hai... and marks fir kuch aur dete hai at time... totally unreliable...

Waise as a rule I stay away from singing competitions and related reality shows, as I am really tone-deaf... kuch sur-taal ka ata-pata nahi hota... hence, this reliance on an expert's view ki bhai jo mere ko sari sur-taal-laya mein laga, woh technically bhi sahi tha na... 😳

so, leaving the whole techniques n stuff behind, I can only go by the entertainment value and jo mere ko dil se laga... I LOWED Sachin ji, he is a genius, to mein pehle se hi thodi biased thi.. upar se he chose such a simple hummable lovely song... ek dusre era ki yaad dila di... he is tooo humble and very melodious... I donno how strong his voice and grasp on notes is, but I am looking forward to seeing him sing a range of songs and then see if he is Rockstar this show is going to make...

Manasi is beyond words... even though I don't make out the notes, I could yet understand the difficulties with this song.. and she sang it beautifully !!!! ahhh, and she is going to sing another beautiful composition next week... yippie... she has such an ethereal voice... 😍

Sumit, Ragini were good, it felt so heartfelt to hear them sing... and with full on masala... yar, mere ko koi batao ki Manish was really singing in sur-taal?? I mean I enjoyed his performance coz it was Manish, too adorable, but technically is he good? I didn't think that he was really good, but with the wah-wahi he got, it got me confused... locha hai sahi mein...though his vote appeal was the best bit !!!!!

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Minks - you're bang on! I think the wah-waahi was more from the low bait he started on - with everyone pelting verbal stones at him 😆 ke bhai mat gaa, mat gaa! 😆

In general, he has a fair voice, but its clearly not been trained and can't actually go into alaap of any kind, if it had to! He was just up there enjoying his bit, and doing a fair job. Like Nur said - he should last for his entertainment quotient 😆 Anyone who can make you laugh that much, surely deserves a stage - any stage - for a while!
--Minks-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
JZee, Nur, I agree with you guys... Manish should stay on for a while for sure, just for the entertainment value he adds to the show... bhale hi woh gaye kam and bakwass jyada karen... chalo, at least my galaltahmi is cleared that this dude can sing... the competition will be mainly between Sachin ji, Manasi, Ragini, Sumeet ... rest se will need to watch and then comment.. though, Debina and Manish are def not singers imo...

Waise, I remember Vikas Bhalla from my school days, we used to love his "hai dhuan hai dhuan" song.. it was quite peppy and melodious.. and then he had disappeared for more than a decade, so pleasantly surprised to see him back on the screen after ages.. and yet almost looking the same... wish, I knew the secret to looking young as him...
minizz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
How did I miss this?Jzee,wonderful post.
I loved the show a lot.Personally I was impressed by Manasi's performance .the song was good and the way she sang it was really beautiful. rockstar performance.I also loved Sachin's performance and sumeet's too.Ragini was good.I was shocked to hear Vikas but as he said later he did not get enough time to practice.I believe he was one of the last minute additions to the show along with Debina.I feel he will do better next time.Manish is a good entertainer and he sang the song without going besura.the others did not impress me much.Next week will be interesting as there are some good song choices.
Mona was a good host.Compering is like second nature to her now.and I enjoyed Annu Mallik's shaayari😆and the contestants' reactions to it😃whatever we may say about him,he is quite entertaining(ok maybe not)😆😆😆
Edited by minizz - 13 years ago
428419 thumbnail
Wonderful post Jzephyr!👏I really liked how you reviewed every performance and I feel you too are well versed in music...thats what comes across from your post😊

Coming to my take on the performances,I actually didn't watch every performance so will only comment on those which I watched.

For me,this week,the star is Sachin Pilgaonkar.He is a rockstar!He was fantastic👏I actually hadn't listened to the song that he sang before...but I was completely surprised how he started slowly with Ladies and Gentleman...and then threw his voice loud and sang the song with so much of feel.Too good.⭐️

Coming to Manasi's performance,she was the star for me on Saturday.She gave a beautiful rendition of Udi and was brilliant!Especially the way she started...and then continued with the Udi Udi part😊She has a very soulfull voice and I hope she is able to maintain her position of a fabulous singer throughout the show⭐️

Then Ragini,well I dont know why,but I didn't like her song that much.I dont know why...maybe because whenever she sang the song,I had Rekha Bharadwaj's voice fixed in my mind and started comparing them or dont know what.She was pretty good with the performance.But personally I feel if she would have chosen a softer song,it would have much more soulfull.Especially after listening to Aoge Jab in Entertainment ke liye...and Yeh Kaha Aa gaye Hum in KBC,I was a bit disappointed.I felt the song actually didnt match with her voice much and she had to put a little extra effort to sing the 'Jawa pe laaga' bit.Anyhow,I am hoping top listening to her next week⭐️

Oh yeah,thats it!😆I didnt bother listening to anyone else!Missed Sumit's performance!

Edited by .sb. - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: JZephyr

Everyone - thanks for chipping in! 🤗

Nur - really?! You thought Raagini was holding back? I personally thought she showed excellent modulation in her notes. As for the song choice, both Manasi and Raagini chose difficult songs, which required far more than the flat song rendering. I do agree about not comparing them with the rest of the ladies - i suppose these two have had greater formal training too and it shows. Sticking to my first opinion, they're at par for me, as far as singing goes. But I'll eagerly await week 2 to see if I can distinguish better.

Yes she was, Jzee...come on now...have you not heard the original version of Namak Ishq Ka?? I feel Ragini was losing her hold on the notes in all the effort she put into putting expression into the song.

Anyways, I think I'm the only one noticing this...maybe I should leave this analysis to you all guys😆
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: .sb.

Then Ragini,well I dont know why,but I didn't like her song that much.I dont know why...maybe because whenever she sang the song,I had Rekha Bharadwaj's voice fixed in my mind and started comparing them or dont know what.She was pretty good with the performance.But personally I feel if she would have chosen a softer song,it would have much more soulfull.Especially after listening to Aoge Jab in Entertainment ke liye...and Yeh Kaha Aa gaye Hum in KBC,I was a bit disappointed.I felt the song actually didnt match with her voice much and she had to put a little extra effort to sing the 'Jawa pe laaga' bit.Anyhow,I am hoping top listening to her next week⭐️

Oh yeah,thats it!😆I didnt bother listening to anyone else!Missed Sumit's performance!

Worddd! Thank god someone else noticed this too! 😆😆...I don't think that song suited Ragini...she should pick better songs...I absolutely loved her aaoge jab tum rendition in Entertainment ke liye as well and I hope she picks something along those lines in the future as well.
minizz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nur or can I call you Anu, Ragini is going to sing the classic "lag ja gale" next week.its a beautiful,soulful song.
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nur - I was gonna say actually you have more support than me over Raagini's take 😆 I still think I loved her as much, sigh. Chalo next week, next week - I hear some amazing tracks promised 😍
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
JZee,

Its a pleasant surprise to see your post here.. 😃 firstly.. thanks for this post..😆 My mom insisted I heard Sachin.. on this show.. when I last spoke to her.. as she was besotted by his versatility yet again.. Frankly I hadn't heard about this show, etc.. and your post made it easy for me to look for the vid.. and his section..

my 2 cents.. I only heard Sachin.. one word to describe his USP is MELODY.. the man surely has that, a tonal quality to suit a playback.. he defo is no singer.. 😆 coz he went off on loads of count.. i guess he got only a couple of the main aayaa hoon right.. tbh.. but my heart warmed up at every 'leke.. saaz haaton mein'.. that bit he did really well each time.. picked some typical kishor da nuances.. too.. cant rem the bits.. but definitely a very charming performance..

I see another person I like in that ensemble.. Sumit Raghavan.. am curious.. will find his portion.. thanks to your post again😆.. I see Manasi got rave reviews apart from Ragini.. well I have heard Manasi once before.. back in the days.. when I did watch some tv.. she was in a mtv show.. in fact I wanna say she debuted with it.. alongside KSG.. and sang a song in tht show.. or did chorus to Rabbi Shergill's bulla..while he sang it to promote it I guess.. if my memory serves me right.. all I remember she has a husky voice.. characteristic of band leads.. so I wont be surprised she wld have done a good job with the song.. as for Ragini.. have no clue.. only seen her in RKB for a bit.. and fleetingly in Jhalak😆 will try to catch these 4..

but thanks buddy.. u made it easy for me.. and don't have to sit thro my mom throw a tantrum on the phone about how I never care to take time out for her little fancies😆more like whims.. but cant help adding in.. Anu Malik and Alisha as judges.. good lord..

edit-add: Just hrd Ragini.. has a nice voice.. her tone wld defo be good for folks.. but the song she chose had a khayaali and thumri mix.. she missed the mood.. these kinda songs demand (to my understanding)a strong classical training.. her rendition for the lack of a better word was light-hearted and sweet.. the NAMAK was missing.. but good effort.. gah.. I cant believe I am getting sucked into singing shows.. btr get outta here..😆
Edited by sonali.19281 - 13 years ago