Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Soap.critic

Jehangir allowed Britishers to get easy entry to India via Surat, i guess.

Our Shivaji was farsighted,he also had raised a mini navy to counter foreign army.

but thy dnt enter from surat thy came from bengal side

n 1757 Mir Jafar, the commander in chief of the army of the Nawab of Bengal, along with Jagat Seth, Maharaja Krishna Nath, Umi Chandand some others, secretly connived with the British asking logistic support to overthrow the Nawab in return for trade grants. The British forces, whose sole duty until then was guarding their British East India Company property, were numerically inferior to the Bengali armed forces. At the Battle of Plassey on 23 June 1757, fought between the British under the command of Robert Clive and the Nawab, Mir Jafar's forces betrayed the Nawab and helped defeat him. Jafar was installed on the throne as a British subservient ruler.The battle transformed British perspective as they realized their strength and potential to conquer smaller Indian kingdoms and marked the beginning of the imperial or colonial era.
Soap.critic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
They had set up base at Surat to monitor and collect intelligence about India.
576259 thumbnail
please guys i need some help
so was soyarabai mom of rajaram ? ... & i have heard that rajaram's wife tararani was a very brave woman ... so did she help sambhaji in any way against her own MIL ??
Soap.critic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
dunno.
Rajaram is mostly tarnished by historians as being unworthy successor of shivba.

but in one book,which i founf via GOOGLE BOOK; they have said Sambhaji was incompetent,drug-addict(to heroin,hemp) while Rajaram was worthy prince.

Strange!!!!!!1
S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prasad1991

please guys i need some help

so was soyarabai mom of rajaram ? ... & i have heard that rajaram's wife tararani was a very brave woman ... so did she help sambhaji in any way against her own MIL ??

yes you are very right...Rajaram ws the son of Sayrabai ...and tarabai the wife of Rajaram ws brave queen...she had to look into the swaraj governance after Rajaram passed away early...they had no child so she adopted son...yes she ws brave... I hv heared that she hase vent fought on war front to safe guard swaraj...dont know if she helped sambhaji or not...need to read on that front
S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soap.critic

dunno.

Rajaram is mostly tarnished by historians as being unworthy successor of shivba.

but in one book,which i founf via GOOGLE BOOK; they have said Sambhaji was incompetent,drug-addict(to heroin,hemp) while Rajaram was worthy prince.

Strange!!!!!!1

as far I have read...Sambhaji ws indeed the reflection of Shivaji raje...he ws tough and brave...he is referred to as 'Chava' (a cub)...the baby lion in Shivaji history...and what I hv known abt him...me too agree that he sure ws...

he ws arrested tortured by Aurangzed in the most cruel ways...forcing him to change his religion...but he faced all the torture and died heroically as Hindu maharaj ...not letting them succeed in changing his religion...he ws an exceptional example of inner strength...👏

Rajaram in comparison to Sambhaji ws less competent...and dies early as well...but his wife filled up for his duties later

Edited by snehalS - 13 years ago
Pina11colada thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: snehalS

as far I have read...Sambhaji ws indeed the reflection of Shivaji raje...he ws tough and brave...he is referred to as 'Chava' (a cub)...the baby lion in Shivaji history...and what I hv known abt him...me too agree that he sure ws...

he ws arrested tortured by Aurangzed in the most cruel ways...forcing him to change his religion...but he faced all the torture and died heroically as Hindu maharaj ...not letting them succeed in changing his religion...he ws an exceptional example of inner strength...👏

Rajaram in comparison to Sambhaji ws less competent...and dies early as well...but his wife filled up for his duties later

ive read both these..and i think there are two views on Sambhaji cuz some were in favor of him and the others werent..
THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES ARE MY VIEWPOINT.I DO NOT MEAN TO HURT ANYONE'S FFEELINGS!
"but for our convenience and respect we have for shivaji, sambhaji was an efficient ruler unlike rajaram."

Edited by Pina11colada - 13 years ago
576259 thumbnail
i have read at places that sambhaji was efficient & rajaram inefficient
& i have also read that rajaram was efficient & sambhaji inefficient
so there is big ambiguity
but i wud like to state my own personal thoughts ... i hope i am able to convey my thoughts properly
i think we shud believe that sambhaji was efficient & rajaram inefficient
now see guys ... soyara was an evil woman ... v are also seeing how her parents were ... so it is quite obvious that the values which her parents gave her the same values she will give her son also ... so it is very much likely that rajaram will be like her only
besides soyara had so many times tried to dethrone sambhaji ... she had even gathered her own loyalists in her evil campaigns ... so it is quite likely that the sources which say that sambhaji was inefficient ... those sources must be created by soyara & her chamchas only
v shudnt 4get that sambhaji had sai's blood & jijabai's values ... sai's blood & jijabai's upbringing both cannot go wrong
& rajaram had soyara's blood & on top of that her upbringing ... the woman who herself didint have any values ... what values she will give her son
Pina11colada thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prasad1991

i have read at places that sambhaji was efficient & rajaram inefficient

& i have also read that rajaram was efficient & sambhaji inefficient
so there is big ambiguity
but i wud like to state my own personal thoughts ... i hope i am able to convey my thoughts properly
i think we shud believe that sambhaji was efficient & rajaram inefficient
now see guys ... soyara was an evil woman ... v are also seeing how her parents were ... so it is quite obvious that the values which her parents gave her the same values she will give her son also ... so it is very much likely that rajaram will be like her only
besides soyara had so many times tried to dethrone sambhaji ... she had even gathered her own loyalists in her evil campaigns ... so it is quite likely that the sources which say that sambhaji was inefficient ... those sources must be created by soyara & her chamchas only
v shudnt 4get that sambhaji had sai's blood & jijabai's values ... sai's blood & jijabai's upbringing both cannot go wrong
& rajaram had soyara's blood & on top of that her upbringing ... the woman who herself didint have any values ... what values she will give her son

its not that soyara didnt have values..its just that she was desperate to make her son the chattrapati at any cost! we cannot just call someone value-less just because that's how its portrayed in the show..and the creatives have the license to make a person have darker shades than they really did..
576259 thumbnail
there was film in marathi called "shivrayanchi sun tararani" ... meaning shivaji's bahu tararani ... in that film they had shown rajaram as an alcoholic & even enjoying lavanis & all ... !!!
when soyara tried level best to dethrone sambhaji... then its quite obvious that she only must have spread fake rumours of sambhaji's incompetency ... !!!
& i am again saying that sai's blood & jijabai's upbringing cannot let sambhaji go wrong
when soyara's parents were selfish , she was selfish then obviously her son has to be like her
sai died so early ... so then obviously soyara was the maharani ... out of remaining 6 wives some didnt have children & some had daughters ... i am not sure if any other wife of shivaji had a son ... so its quite obvious that in absence of sai , saoyara had become powerful & more bitchy
sambhaji faced lot of problems ... but i guess he even came out of them ... all bcoz of sai's good deeds & her punyaai i.e her punyas ... & sambhaji's son i.e shahu lead a much more comfortable life
but if we look at soyara's deeds ... then even her son died early ... a widow tararani fought bravely & single handedly ... but it is said that rajaram didnt have a child ...well it was sad on tarabai's part but then it was the result of evil soyara's bad deeds
deeds of parents have a great influence on fate of children
Edited by prasad1991 - 13 years ago