innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
right peeps - hope this isn't a stupid question, but is Gudiya the baby's name, or is that a pet name they keep referring to her as? sorry, but I don't recall her being named anything.... and Gudiya seems to be a pet name such as tinku etc....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

innocentindian thumbnail
aaaah! that's what i've been thinking - but now it seems from the dialogues that she has actually been named gudiya.... (unless the writers are planning to get simran to name her gudiya!)
Nishani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
They had better change her name - I am pretty sure no child would ever want their name to kept as that!!! πŸ˜•
principessa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Now let me understand this, they went to London 2 months after Neha's death, so, didn't have the time to name the child!!!!! 2 month, a nameless child!
innocentindian thumbnail
that's just what puzzles me principessa
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well in India...sometimes the naming ceremony happens in 3rd month or 5th month or 7th month sometimes...it all depends on the tradition...

I US we name the kid as soon as she/he is born...
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Sometimes it takes a long while to name a child in India.We took 2 years to finally decide what name would my elder son have in school.Till that time he was called Chotu,a name which has stuck for now,at least until he is old enough to protest and asks to be called by his name and not be summoned as 'Chotu',especially when he has a younger brother!πŸ˜†

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Sometimes it takes a long while to name a child in India.We took 2 years to finally decide what name would my elder son have in school.Till that time he was called Chotu,a name which has stuck for now,at least until he is old enough to protest and asks to be called by his name and not be summoned as 'Chotu',especially when he has a younger brother!πŸ˜†

OMGπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I know... my cuz was called WinkyπŸ˜‰ for the first 5 years of his life... after that they named him something very complex so Winky just kind of stuck... now he's a 22 year old WinkyπŸ˜†

Gudiya is happily non-descript in the sense, u CAN call a baby Gudiya, Pinky, Dolly etc etc and name her something else afterwards... on the other hand, I know an adult Gudiya and an adult Pinky tooπŸ˜†