cute_girl 678 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

From Kkusum to Ana
By: Shaheen Parkar
March 26, 2004

Shaheen Parkar
Nausheen Ali Sardar on the
sets of Ana in Dubai
The small screen's erstwhile Kkusum (Nausheen Ali Sardar) is playing a new role now. She is Madeha in the Pakistani serial Ana (meaning ego). Just back from its shoot in Dubai, Nausheen says it was a novel experience shooting with the Pakistani artistes. "We have shot quite a bit maybe later there will be a schedule in Pakistan," she informs.

Ana, a 26-episode series written by Seema Ghazal, will be telecast on ARY channel. It is produced by Pakistani producer-actor Humayun Saeed and directed by the well-known S Suleman who is a big name in Pakistani films too.

"Ana is a family drama," says Nausheen. "I play the role of this young girl Madeha who is from a humble background. She is wooed by the son (Humayun) of a business tycoon who leaves his father and his riches to marry her. There is also this track of the father-son relationship."

The Ana Team: Samina Peerzada,
Talat Hussein, Sheela David, director S Suleman, Humayun Saeed, Nausheen
Ali Sardar and Parikshat Sahni
Besides Nausheen, the other Indian artistes include Parikshat Sahni and Sheela David who play her parents. There is also Amna Altaf (Kashish) who plays the role of a dancer. While the Pakistani artistes in Ana include the veteran Samina Peerzada and Talat Hussain who play Humayun's parents.

Incidentally, Nausheen will shortly be leaving for the US tour of her play Kkusum Manhar Lele in which she plays the title role. Last month, she had quit the popular Sony soap, Kkusum, after she could no longer relate to the changes in the character. "Yes, I do miss Kkusum, it was so much a part of me," she says. "When I was in UK for my play, the only question that people asked me was why did I leave Kkusum." And finally the question that is inevitable: Does she still watch Kkusum? "Yes. I have caught up with a few episodes. I find it very amusing to see the new Kkusum try to be like me!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kdmh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Thanks for sharing 👏i miss her😭