Umm e Kulsoom a rare case

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

rticle

Why they should learn from Umm-e-Kulsoom...

Umm-e-Kulsoom, that airs on ARY every Sunday at 8:00 PM replaced the hugely popular serial "Mera Saaein" produced, and directed by the same team. It had huge responsibility, but was not able to meet it.
Well, in my review I did not praise the drama much due to obvious reasons, but it looks like things are changing. Umm-e-Kulsoom is a rare case, and read on to find out why.

The drama started with much fanfare. ARY had huge numbers of viewers on Sundays, and all of them tuned in to watch the new offering, and UK garnered high ratings for the first week. Producers had a reason to smile, but the trend soon changed, as with every passing episode the ratings kept declining(mainly due to poor story), and reached a point where the serial was tagged as a "disappointment". We hear the channel was down on show until the twist in the tale came.

The reports suggest, that the ratings pattern changed only after Umm-e-Kulsoom got married to Nihaal. Many credit it to the crackling chemistry between the two(as they haven't done many serials opposite each other - Amina Sheikh, and Faysal Qureshi). The ratings gradually started increasing ultimately reaching a high point when the couple started clashing.

This is a rare case study in Pakistani Television where ratings for serials remain same throughout with a very small change depending on the track, but this one is surely hat-ke. The drama started on a positive note, fell down, and has now again started uprising. It has finally been called a hit thanks to the great numbers it has been giving, and now with Umm-e-Kulsoom turning a rebel, we say the ratings are going to sky rocket.

Good Going ! xml api

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
i dont like it one bit
watched it yesterday

she's a hafiz e quran,learning how to sing!!!!

I thought r religion gives preference to Forgiving rather than revenge
If she shown holy,abide by it
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Exactly.. he kept saying she's Hafiz-e-Quran! But Nihaal practically forced her.. she had no choice with a job.. that's the only one he wouldnt object to..

I agree the chemistry between Nihal and Uek is definitely crackling!! Way better than Hijab and Najib.. I prefer this one to Hatheli any day.. that one gives me a headache with all the unnecessary screaming.

@Taify: How's Hatheli doing? Ratings fallen or its still a hit?

Looking forward to see how Maat, maaye Ni and Humsafar are faring in the ratings too😃
Edited by howzzat - 12 years ago
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
humsafar is supposed to like be thunderous!!
Maat is good but not as good as Mera Naseeb...Maaye Ni is faring well on Saturdays.

Ek Hatheli has fallen :O