sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Satish Kaushik – is one of the finest filmmakers of Bollywood. His best works include the recent blockbuster TERE NAAM, an unusual love story. Though it was a remake from a Tamil hit 'SETHU', but he has beautifully crafted the passion of love by reflecting the various emotions like poignancies, sacrifice rooted from love in the most innocent manner and did justice to SETHU. Besides making varied movies, be it a love story MUJHE KUCH KEHNA HAI, HUMARA DIL APKE PAAS HAI or a staid movie like TERE NAAM, he has mastered in all genre of filmmaking.

Apart from filmmaking, he is a well-known face as a comedian in Bollywood; he has portrayed many comic characters in various films. His best works as a comic actor includes like SAAJAN CHALE SASURAL and RAM LAKHAN for which he was also awarded as Best Comedian (Film Fare).

His latest, yet to release UMAR, where he plays 'Rajpal', an old man rejected from his family members and how he proves himself along with his other old friends, which is portrayed by Prem Chopra and Kadar Khan. On asking him about his experience doing a serious role in the film UMAR, View Umar Movie Stillshe said, "For me UMAR is very important because firstly, I liked the story line of the film and we did the complete shooting within 25 days. Secondly, it gave me a chance to play a rather serious character. As you know, once an actor gets tagged in a particular genre of acting, then he is offered only those kinds of roles. Whereas in UMAR I'm portraying the role of an old man who is rejected from his family and treated as a servant by his family members. His other old friends are also facing the same crucial phase of their lives where they have no hope or drive to live their life further. Later, what makes them to live their life and what drives them to recreate their identity is the real crux of the story. With a short span of shooting time, we three had real fun as everyday we used to visit some small pub and have black beer. To cut it short the experience was great as we did our work as well got nostalgic by enjoying beer."

About his forthcoming projects for year 2006, he conceitedly said, "Lots of projects are lined up for this year, one of them is MILEGE MILEGE starring Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapur with only one song left to be shot, it is slated to be released in the month of April. My other upcoming project is with Subhash Ghai  'SHAADI SE PEHLE' starring Akshay Khanna, Mallika Sherawat, Ayesha Takia to be released in the later half of 2006." As for his upcoming on-screen performances, he informed, "I'm doing one movie for the ace choreographer Ahmed Khan (of LAKEER fame). In which again I am playing a comedian."

About a recent news in a section of media, which stated that he'd be directing a remake of a Bengali movie with Balaji Telefilms starring Tusshar Kapoor, confirming the news, he said, "Though I'm doing a project with Balaji Telefilms, but it's not the remake of any Bengali film, but that of a Tamil hit titled KYA LOVE STORY HAI, which again falls under the romantic and comedy genre. Tusshar Kapoor is finalized for the male lead and a female lead is yet to be decided."

Letting us know more about his upcoming productions, he said, "I'll be producing a film with Anil Kapoor for which the script has to be worked out and even the casting has to be finalized."