That boy in Shivajis shoes--Article

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

That boy in Shivaji's boots

-A +A
Font
Onkar KulkarniPosted: Sep 09, 2011 at 0947 hrs IST
He is the latest in the line of kids to be playing a historical figure and none less than Chhatrapati Shivaji. And Paras Arora knows that he has a tough journey ahead figuratively and literally. "On the day of my audition, the makers told me that I will have to do a lot of action and stunts on this show," says Pawan who was soon put through a rigorous training of sword-fighting and horse-riding. And why not? The role he is portraying was of a fighter who with his will and power created an independent Maratha kingdom.

The actor, who says that it is a matter of prestige to play a young Shivaji, saw a lot of movies on Shivaji Maharaj just to familiarise with the character. He says, "I had studied his history but just wanted to see how other filmmakers portrayed his style of walking, talking and gestures, so I sifted through many films from black-and- white to colour, Hindi to Marathi and also surfed some videos on the 'Net, just to make myself comfortable in his shoes."

Veer Shivaji, which is being shot at Naigaon, portrays the mother-son relation between Jijamata and Shivaji. It chronicles how she raised him and inculcated good values in him. Paras, who is currently studying in First Year Junior College, wants to pursue a career in acting and the historical is not his first outing, though it is his break as the main lead. Paras was earlier seen in Ramayan that aired on Imagine TV as chhota Ram. He was also a part of Miley Jab Hum Tum and acted as a slum kid in the film Let's Dance.

@screenindia.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
thanks for sharing..best of luck paras
Historylover thumbnail