Selina thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Negar Khan resumes film shooting
By: Ami Cholia
February 25, 2005

Ami Cholia
Love's labour lost: Negar and sahil Khan
Bollywood's pin-up girl, Negar Khan, has resumed shooting for stalled film Double Cross.

Two weeks ago, the starlet was unceremoniously deported back to Norway for working in the country without valid work documentation.

Since the starlet cannot come to India, the producers of Double Cross have shifted locale to London.

Incidentally, the film also gives Negar the opportunity to reunite with her co-star and husband, Sahil Khan.

When contacted, the hassled Sahil Khan admitted, "Yes, it's true. I am flying out tomorrow.

We've already shot a major chunk abroad. We were supposed to shoot the rest of the film here in Mumbai, but now that Negar is not here the unit has decided to go to London and shoot there. The filmmakers have spent over 3 crores already.

They cannot wait forever," he said. By the time you read this, the unit would've already flown to London for the shooting.

The reunion also promises to be very timely for the couple, since Negar has been upset with Sahil for not having done enough to get her back to India. "I don't blame her. We are both frustrated and we are fighting a lot.

She blames me saying that I am not getting things done, and then I get mad at her for not being more understanding and we end up arguing."

We tried to reach Negar, but all calls to her remained unanswered. Sahil explained, "She is not taking any calls. Even my calls remain unanswered."

Hopefully, that won't cause any problems for the filmmakers. "We are both professionals. I am sure it will be alright," said Khan.

Besides Double Cross, the Norwegian citizen (who shot to fame (or infamy) three years ago in the music video Chadti Jawani) also has two other films on hold — Govind Mishra's Hello Kaun Hai and Akram Sheikh's Short Cut.
Will these producers follow suit and head to Europe to finish their films as well? Only time will tell.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ibad thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Well thx 4 da article....
Now lets see that will Saahil be suuccessful to bring her back to India.
.....It will be himself a film story.