Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello Guyz

U Can share Historicals facts available abt Shivaji In This Thread.

Shivaji Bhosle ( 19 February 1630 – 3 April 1680), with the royal title Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was a Maratha aristocrat of the Bhosle clan who founded the Maratha empire.Shivaji led a resistance to free the Maratha kingdom from the Sultanate of Bijapur, and establish Hindavi Swarajya ("self-rule of Hindu people"). He created an independent Maratha kingdom with Raigad as its capital, and successfully fought against the Mughalsto defend his kingdom. He was crowned as Chhatrapati - the Sovereign- of the Maratha Kingdom in 1674.

He achieved the re-establishment of Hindu rule on their homeland after being ruled and dominated by various Muslim dynasties for a few hundred years. He established a competent and progressive civil rule with the help of a well-regulated and disciplined military and well-structured administrative organizations. The prevalent practices of treating women as spoils of war, destruction of religious monuments, slavery and forceful religious conversions were firmly opposed under his administration. Shivaji was a religious Hindu.He also innovated rules of military engagement of that era, pioneering the "Shiva sutra" or Ganimi Kava (guerrilla tactics), which leveraged strategic factors like geography, speed, surprise and focused pinpoint attacks to defeat his larger and more powerful enemies and built many sea-forts.

Edited by BhartiKhushi909 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow bharti. Makin the forum so activ 4rm beginin
tumne bulaya aur mein chali ayi
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@ khushi : me too here, i saw a couple of epis..d show does luk promising yar !! 😃
Amor. thumbnail
fuzzyface thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I read that Shivaji had like 8 wives but his first wife Sai Bai was his real love. Theirs was bal vivah and they had 3 daughters then one son Sambhaji. She died after the birth of their son and Sambhaji was raised by Jijabai.
Shivaji second wife Soyarabai was kind of evil coz she wanted her son Rajaram to take over after Shivaji. With the help of her brother, she even tried to kill Shambhaji, who eventually had her executed after Shivaji's death. However Sambhaji performed her final rights.
Shivaji didn't want to marry Soyarabai but his stepmom, Tukabai insisted.

This whole plot is so dramatic though😆
Amor. thumbnail
voo thnx fuzzy foe sharing
it seems maza aayega if thy show all this
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: fuzzyface

I read that Shivaji had like 8 wives but his first wife Sai Bai was his real love. Theirs was bal vivah and they had 3 daughters then one son Sambhaji. She died after the birth of their son and Sambhaji was raised by Jijabai.
Shivaji second wife Soyarabai was kind of evil coz she wanted her son Rajaram to take over after Shivaji. With the help of her brother, she even tried to kill Shambhaji, who eventually had her executed after Shivaji's death. However Sambhaji performed her final rights.
Shivaji didn't want to marry Soyarabai but his stepmom, Tukabai insisted.

This whole plot is so dramatic though😆

Really? Here they show Sambhaji is Shivajis brother and he has one wife only. Maybe they will show his other marriages in a while😳
Edited by Aradhana87 - 13 years ago
br200910 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanksss nice post...👏
fuzzyface thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

Really? Here they show Sambhaji is Shivajis brother and he has one wife only. Maybe they will show his other marriages in a while😳

Shivaji named his first son after his brother, who dies early 😊
i think they will show his second marriage because Soyarabai is from Bengaluru, where Tukabai is residing.
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: fuzzyface

Shivaji named his first son after his brother, who dies early 😊
i think they will show his second marriage because Soyarabai is from Bengaluru, where Tukabai is residing.

Oh now I got it⭐️